Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Jul 26, 2023 at 6:54 AM Post #6,121 of 6,129
the z 300 arrived today, compared to my first listen, the low frequencies are mixed into the mid frequencies and I felt a bass bleed. I was expecting something a little better, of course I have to wait for the burning process.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2023 at 3:46 PM Post #6,122 of 6,129
So at what price range does a compromise become a deal, i'm wondering?
Depends on what your expectations are. If you want absolutely no congestion between the most complex passages, at the BL 03 price range ($30) you can bet that IEMs tuned for that specific trait will have problems in other areas.

And it depends on how much comprise you’re willing to take in what area. You can only learn this by listening to a bunch of different IEMs, since it’s all subjective in the end. Despite reading someone saying it’s great all around, you may find that not the case at all.

I learned this the hard way over the years by buying, selling and losing a lot of money.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2023 at 6:40 AM Post #6,123 of 6,129
A bit slow here, but I'm wanting to give the Blon-03 a go. Where would be the best place to source one these days? Linsoul, AliExpress? I've heard about significant inconsistencies with the 03, is that still the case or have become consistently different from the earlier releases that had the great reviews? Although a budget iem it still must sell, are there possibly fakes that may explain the differences?

Aug 10, 2023 at 12:34 PM Post #6,124 of 6,129
A bit slow here, but I'm wanting to give the Blon-03 a go. Where would be the best place to source one these days? Linsoul, AliExpress? I've heard about significant inconsistencies with the 03, is that still the case or have become consistently different from the earlier releases that had the great reviews? Although a budget iem it still must sell, are there possibly fakes that may explain the differences?
I got mine off amazon, but I'd definitely buy two pairs to make sure you get a "good" one because of unit variation.

Aug 10, 2023 at 7:39 PM Post #6,125 of 6,129

Just remember that the nozzle is really short and the included cable pulls the damned things out of your ears. TFZ cables fit the connectors but normal 2 pin sat better for me. Tips are trash too which doesn't help. SpinFit CP100 with an o-ring under it works.

A lot of reputable stores on AliExpress still stock them. Mine still come out occasionally. :L3000:

Aug 10, 2023 at 9:33 PM Post #6,126 of 6,129
I got mine off amazon, but I'd definitely buy two pairs to make sure you get a "good" one because of unit variation.
I hope the odds work out 😁
Just remember that the nozzle is really short and the included cable pulls the damned things out of your ears. TFZ cables fit the connectors but normal 2 pin sat better for me. Tips are trash too which doesn't help. SpinFit CP100 with an o-ring under it works.

A lot of reputable stores on AliExpress still stock them. Mine still come out occasionally. :L3000:
Thanks for the tips, I'll definitely swap tips and cable. I had the 01 and always wanted to try the 03 but was put off by fit concerns, hopefully it'll work out with the tweaks.

Sep 4, 2023 at 8:43 PM Post #6,127 of 6,129
My BLON-03 arrived yesterday. Even before changing tips and cable I am blessed with a decent fit. I like what I am hearing so far - I seemed to have lucked it with a good one. I'll need to source a low cost cable as my only 2-pin one is a pricey Fiio LC-RE and I fear bending the connectors.

20230905_072446.jpg

Sep 9, 2023 at 2:47 AM Post #6,128 of 6,129
My intention was to use the BLON-03 solely with my M0 Pro to get a better quality experience when I don't need the convenience of my bluetooth Linkbuds S. I tried with my WM1Z and was really surprised how well they went together. It passed the test on some of my tracks that push it on the treble end. I'm impressed.

20230909_181710.jpg

Sep 17, 2023 at 10:32 PM Post #6,129 of 6,129
I don't find a lot of time for quality music listening in a week, so when I do I want to make the most of it with my TOTL gear. I'm not making any bold claims, but instead of using my IER-Z1R with my WM1Z this weekend I chose the BLON-03 and thoroughly enjoyed every moment. I've dabbled with some of the low-tier iems from some decent brands that cost 2-3x as much and ended up selling as they just sounded wrong. I haven't done any tip rolling, and haven't felt the need to, but found the Final E to be better than the Fiio 'Bass' tips that I currently favour on my IER-Z1R.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back