CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 21, 2019 at 7:43 PM Post #21,107 of 31,833
That's so sad, because it's their flagship, so one would think it was perfection itself.

Especially with how they've proven their competence when it comes to tuning IEMs like the KB100. Pretty much all of their stuff I've tried, I like. I don't have the Spring 1, nor do I have plans to get it based on the impressions of owners.

I don't think it's the easiest task to tune these hybrids with the new driver types. It seems like the budget takes on them mostly have some sort of significant flaw. I bet in a year or two once the companies have figured out how to get the best out of them, there will be some real killers in the $100-200 price range.

Nov 21, 2019 at 7:48 PM Post #21,108 of 31,833
Anyone who has the Spring1 and likes trying out different ear tips, try the Acoustune AE07 (not AET07a) tips on it - I've recently switched to them, and I think it's a good match, but I'm curious what other people hear.

i have AET07 and tried with Spring 1 too, mids become much more clear with more details (on already very very details IEM) too bad i seems sometimes couldn't get perfect seal, so i need more time to deal to have perfect seal. Wish they come with LL size since L size a little bit small to my ears.

and about KB100 yes, they are very incredible, and Spring 1 is an upgrade to KB100. My review will come out in few days bout this. Writing up a full review about this special Spring of the year.

Nov 21, 2019 at 7:56 PM Post #21,109 of 31,833
I don't think it's the easiest task to tune these hybrids with the new driver types.

I definitely don't doubt that.

I think if it wasn't ready for prime time, just keep working on development until you have everything dialed in.

Dunu worked on the driver (alone) for their new flagship for THREE YEARS before releasing it. They could have just released a half-baked alpha version after 1 year, but instead they held off and spent more time refining and tweaking, and then refining it some more. THEN they released it when it was ready.

I understand that not every company can do that for financial or other reasons, but I feel it is definitely something to strive for.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2019 at 8:28 PM Post #21,110 of 31,833
Nov 22, 2019 at 3:48 AM Post #21,111 of 31,833
BQEYZ is so underrated. Such a shame. The KB100 is the type of iem that will get respect with time, the proof it still exist is a hint about this. Balanced mature tuning with a fun lively twist=LOVE.

Sincerly better than BQ3.
The jury isn't out on the last sentence yet. However, I do remember hearing myself say, "This is a bit boring." while listening to my new BQ3 but I've never said any bad comments while listening to the KB100. Hmm. Interesting.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #21,113 of 31,833
Recieved the Blon BL-03 today, the sad part is can't listen to them, sick and at hospital, hoping to get discharged soon.

That is horrible. Feel better soon.

Nov 22, 2019 at 11:07 AM Post #21,114 of 31,833
Recieved the Blon BL-03 today, the sad part is can't listen to them, sick and at hospital, hoping to get discharged soon.
Get well soon!

Nov 22, 2019 at 10:02 PM Post #21,116 of 31,833
Everyone should try the Audiosense Copper cable with the Semkarch CNT1. It's the best sounding combo I have found so far.

I'm also using the Audiosense cables with the Semkarch, and it's good stuff. The Semkarch stock cables were quite bad IMHO. Super stiff and microphonic. But I think most aftermarket cables should beat the Semkarch stock cables for sure.

Nov 22, 2019 at 10:10 PM Post #21,118 of 31,833
just got bit by the Blur bug today nothing super fancy
But I hope to find out what the buzz is all about
I like supporting independent home grown brands like his
VE,Willsound and Revamp Acoustics were all great personal discoveries.

It feels a level up from the typical KZ churn cycle family of mass market options
And a way better feeling than going with the promoted labels or the mass market Beats stuff

No one to blame except myself and threads like this

Nov 22, 2019 at 10:26 PM Post #21,120 of 31,833
I'm also using copper on my CNT-1.

And I like the stock cable that came with the CNT-1. I found it light and durable. It loosened up rather quickly and microphonics were fine for me while working. I just think its just plain silly to not use balanced out if you got it, so I only ditched the stock cable for a balanced one.

Good thing I like the stock LZ cables cuz A6 mini is getting delivered tomorrow. LOL. Provided the thing doesn't suck I will use the stock cable for awhile as I actually like to use stock cables for awhile while acclimating to new IEMS. Then I will move on to balanced. :)

In my defense though I will say that I grew up with everything having those rubber cables that were on everything and actually still are on most big name brands. I have no problems with those either. HAHA. I guess Im just simple minded or something.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back