CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 20, 2019 at 10:58 PM Post #18,046 of 31,833
May 20, 2019 at 11:16 PM Post #18,047 of 31,833
May 21, 2019 at 11:40 AM Post #18,048 of 31,833
Forgot to share it, but my TINHIFI T3 Review is up here and on MY BLOG

I think the more interesting and accurate part is comparaison with the T2.

I learn to love the T3, its less musical but more agile than T2.
Musicality is a strange thing. The C16 is impressively accurate and detailed, but I find the ZS7 and T3 have that indefinable ingredient of 'magic' which make music so enjoyable to listen to. The **** has it too. I haven't heard the T2 though.

May 21, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #18,049 of 31,833
Musicality is a strange thing. The C16 is impressively accurate and detailed, but I find the ZS7 and T3 have that indefinable ingredient of 'magic' which make music so enjoyable to listen to. The **** has it too. I haven't heard the T2 though.
I'm still waiting for my ZS7 to arrive; thanks again for your detailed review.
Since you've mentioned the T3 and ****, which would you prefer when it comes to transparency/clarity and spatial representation?
(I own two pairs of the **** and T2 but have no experience with the T3).

May 21, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #18,050 of 31,833
I'm still waiting for my ZS7 to arrive; thanks again for your detailed review.
Since you've mentioned the T3 and ****, which would you prefer when it comes to transparency/clarity and spatial representation?
(I own two pairs of the **** and T2 but have no experience with the T3).
The T3 is wonderfully open and detailed. The top end is clear and silky smooth with lovely delicacy. The quality of the Knowles BA really comes through. I'm using Spiral Dots on them. The **** is great too but the T3 has more refinement. The ZS7 is somewhere in between. It's a great IEM, you'll love it! See my T3 review as well.

May 21, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #18,051 of 31,833
The T3 is wonderfully open and detailed. The top end is clear and silky smooth with lovely delicacy. The quality of the Knowles BA really comes through. I'm using Spiral Dots on them. The **** is great too but the T3 has more refinement. The ZS7 is somewhere in between. It's a great IEM, you'll love it! See my T3 review as well.
My experience is the exact opposite. I find the **** more refined, especially comparing treble.

May 21, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #18,053 of 31,833

I own the T3 and **** as well and I think the T3 is a step up from the ****, not to say the **** is bad, but the T3 is better.

May 21, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #18,054 of 31,833
May 22, 2019 at 5:28 AM Post #18,056 of 31,833
This new Tin Hifi P1, does P stand for Piezo or Planar? Lol

May 22, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #18,058 of 31,833
Hello all :) I can't choose between kb100 and kc2, what are the differences between them please ?

Don't have KC2 but KB100 has mild V signature but tip rolling can tweak sound as per your requirements, like widebores balance the sound and marginally improve the soundstage, narrowbores I tried made bass tight and quick. If you lean towards a mild V to balanced/neutral signature, then they're great. @BadReligionPunk has KC2 and he thinks they're solid v-shaped monsters. Again I'd like to clarify that I dont have KC2. It has a sound signature which is very pleasing so imo you cant go very wrong with that. Also, you'll get a JVC spiral dot and a goodie of your choice from Penon, so KB100 might as well be a great deal for $50. I'm in no way undermining KC2 but just sharing my views on KB100. Hope that helps.

May 22, 2019 at 9:02 AM Post #18,059 of 31,833
just posted my take on the kz zs10 pro on the audioreviews.org blog---i personally prefer the warmer tonality and tighter bass of the zs7, but they're both at the top of the kz pyramid

Well, I do not have either of them yet, so I cannot comment. Just one question for you. You place the KZ ED16 very high on your list. Can I ask why? I own this, and it is gathering dust - very underwhelming. That said, my ZS10 is my favorite iem, yet it does not get that much love in here. So, no accounting for taste, I guess! Also, the Tin T2 gets praised everywhere, yet I could not listen to mine much until I removed the grilles, as there was a coloration to the sound that drove me nuts. If I listened to the Tin T2 side by side with a live orchestral trumpet player, the coloration was very obvious. With the grilles gone, much closer to reality. Again, just my observations though.

May 22, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #18,060 of 31,833
Well, I do not have either of them yet, so I cannot comment. Just one question for you. You place the KZ ED16 very high on your list. Can I ask why? I own this, and it is gathering dust - very underwhelming. That said, my ZS10 is my favorite iem, yet it does not get that much love in here. So, no accounting for taste, I guess! Also, the Tin T2 gets praised everywhere, yet I could not listen to mine much until I removed the grilles, as there was a coloration to the sound that drove me nuts. If I listened to the Tin T2 side by side with a live orchestral trumpet player, the coloration was very obvious. With the grilles gone, much closer to reality. Again, just my observations though.
the ed16 doesn't have the extension or the energy of the more ambitious hybrids like the zs5/zsr/zs10, which is why you might find it underwhelming, but to my ears is more coherent and less colored--it presents less information but sounds more natural and less artificially juiced. i sorta agree with you on the t2--it's impressively detailed but somewhat digital/brittle sounding to me, and i rarely listen to it. like you say, there's no accounting for taste and mine is nothing special.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back