CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 20, 2019 at 7:05 AM Post #18,031 of 31,839
what happened????

Apparently he took offense to my observation that he was putting other companies in a bad light. It was starting to sound intentional to me. Naming names seemed inappropriate. Not sure why he deleted every post he ever made. That was a bit of an overreaction.

May 20, 2019 at 8:51 AM Post #18,033 of 31,839
Like I said yesterday, if my comments are not welcome here, Why must I keep everything? My writings belong to me. I can do whatever I wish. If you think I am overreacting, think again!

All are welcome here, and I (along with others) have appreciated your insights and opinions :)

We’d hate to see you leave, especially on bad terms.

But like you said, your writings are yours and you can do with them what you wish.

May 20, 2019 at 9:01 AM Post #18,034 of 31,839
Forgot to share it, but my TINHIFI T3 Review is up here and on MY BLOG

I think the more interesting and accurate part is comparaison with the T2.

I learn to love the T3, its less musical but more agile than T2.

May 20, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #18,035 of 31,839
Forgot to share it, but my TINHIFI T3 Review is up here and on MY BLOG

I think the more interesting and accurate part is comparaison with the T2.

I learn to love the T3, its less musical but more agile than T2.

nice review! interestingly i have the exact opposite experience on the T2 and T3 comparison

May 20, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #18,036 of 31,839
Like I said yesterday, if my comments are not welcome here, Why must I keep everything? My writings belong to me. I can do whatever I wish. If you think I am overreacting, think again! Who was the one who overreacted FIRST?

Okay, enough said... You won't hear from me again.

Damn....what happen here....i find super interesting the reads about tuning, fall on the V80 disaster you tell and applause your bravado! (it comfort my hearing capability too, as I despise the V80 treble peaks that sound artificial) I try to figure out what happen and why your mad too but did not find. Anyway, you are a very appreciate member here, your insight as a chifi tuner are very rewarding.

May 20, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #18,037 of 31,839
nice review! interestingly i have the exact opposite experience on the T2 and T3 comparison
exact opposite....well, okay.

But, i'm glad for you that you prefer mids and vocal of T3 because they don't do it for me, bass too is kinda strange. Its all about timbre difference really to my ears.

May 20, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #18,038 of 31,839
exact opposite....well, okay.

But, i'm glad for you that you prefer mids and vocal of T3 because they don't do it for me, bass too is kinda strange. Its all about timbre difference really to my ears.

on the contrary, i prefer the T2 (and the T2 Pro) than the T3 :ksc75smile:

but to me the T2s have the colder sound signature, brighter treble, and leaner mids, while the T3 sounded more polished across the board, but doesn't deliver a unique feel and experience, meaning i can find that kind of sound and even in better SQ on many other IEMs, whereas the T2s are unique to themselves and a bit hard to find similar sound. my Kanas and Liebesleid might be an upgrade to the T2 in SQ and have similar sound, but still not the same as the T2s

May 20, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #18,039 of 31,839
@ whoever is interested.

To summarize:

KopiOkaya said:
The only thing that doesn't impress me about Tin Hifi is their boss, Mr Song. Arrogant and boastful.

I replied:
I don't think that the consumers who like the sound care about the people behind the scenes. Should you really be naming names and making this type of criticism? I thought that was frowned upon.

He then replied

KopiOkaya said:
Well, it all depends on what kind of people who are reading this. There are folks who actually like to know more about the "behind-the-scene" stuff.

To many folks in the west, Chi-Fi is such a mystery. If they know more about a brand or a product, they will appreciate it more.

My reply:
I am just saying it seems inappropriate for this forum.

Then he said:

KopiOkaya said:
If my input is not need, I shall speak no more.

I said:
Input on the gear is certainly helpful.

....and then the stormy exit and him deleting all all his posts

So, I apologize if I overreacted but I was seeing a pattern that could be taken as promoting self interest by denigrating other brands or at least the people involved with those brands. Also there were instances of typing out the name of a certain banned seller and later a banned brand. I was concerned that the mods would end up stepping in once again and was only trying to caution.

Last edited:
May 20, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #18,040 of 31,839
@ whoever is interested.

To summarize:

KopiOkaya said:
The only thing that doesn't impress me about Tin Hifi is their boss, Mr Song. Arrogant and boastful.

I replied:
I don't think that the consumers who like the sound care about the people behind the scenes. Should you really be naming names and making this type of criticism? I thought that was frowned upon.

He then replied

KopiOkaya said:
Well, it all depends on what kind of people who are reading this. There are folks who actually like to know more about the "behind-the-scene" stuff.

To many folks in the west, Chi-Fi is such a mystery. If they know more about a brand or a product, they will appreciate it more.

My reply:
I am just saying it seems inappropriate for this forum.

Then he said:

KopiOkaya said:
If my input is not need, I shall speak no more.

I said:
Input on the gear is certainly helpful.

....and then the story exit and him deleting all all his posts

So, I apologize if I overreacted but I was seeing a pattern that could be taken as promoting self interest by denigrating other brands or at least the people involved with those brands. Also there were instances of typing out the name of a certain banned seller and later a banned brand. I was concerned that the mods would end up stepping in once again and was only trying to caution.

i don't see anything wrong with your responses. it's just a matter of too much water and too little soap on his part (so the bubbles burst easily..... sorry for the bad analogy :k701smile::k701smile:

@KopiOkaya your recent posts up until you exploded are great read and i appreciate it. i do hope you develop more calluses on your social interactions though. you are always welcome to post here again whenever you're ready

May 20, 2019 at 12:14 PM Post #18,042 of 31,839
KopiOkaya said:

KopiOkaya said:

More, we need moarrrrrrrrrr

May 20, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #18,043 of 31,839
Like I said yesterday, if my comments are not welcome here, Why must I keep everything? My writings belong to me. I can do whatever I wish. If you think I am overreacting, think again! Who was the one who overreacted FIRST?

Okay, enough said... You won't hear from me again.

No idea if you're gonna read this, but since we chatted a few times on FB and I do know that you're not really a bad guy, wanted to say that IMO, this is all just a misunderstanding.

do understand that airing dirty laundries of people here is usually frowned upon, and it might not reflect in our different cultures. There's a time and place to discuss it, but possibly that place is not here. And the context in which you laid it out is also a bit callous. I'd understand if the "head guy" was abusing his workers or working with the triads or something, that's juicy. Something that requires context such as "being boastful", that's a blurry line to cross.

Again, you're always welcome here regardless, but understand that this is mostly an international forum, and differing cultures may clash. Its up to us to resolve it peacefully. There's enough stuff in chi-fi to argue about, this is not really one of them.

May 20, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #18,045 of 31,839
@mbwilson111 you did nothing wrong IMO, expressed a concern

@KopiOkaya hopefully you do not leave your posts are very beneficial but it is your call. There are some rules to keep the forum civil and I think that's the only concern expressed, not your content.

I personally would hate to see this tread become a pissing match like so many others have but what will be will be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back