CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 22, 2019 at 11:23 AM Post #18,061 of 31,837
Don't have KC2 but KB100 has mild V signature but tip rolling can tweak sound as per your requirements, like widebores balance the sound and marginally improve the soundstage, narrowbores I tried made bass tight and quick. If you lean towards a mild V to balanced/neutral signature, then they're great. @BadReligionPunk has KC2 and he thinks they're solid v-shaped monsters. Again I'd like to clarify that I dont have KC2. It has a sound signature which is very pleasing so imo you cant go very wrong with that. Also, you'll get a JVC spiral dot and a goodie of your choice from Penon, so KB100 might as well be a great deal for $50. I'm in no way undermining KC2 but just sharing my views on KB100. Hope that helps.
Really for the spiral dots ? Where did you see the promo ? I don't see anything

May 22, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #18,062 of 31,837
Really for the spiral dots ? Where did you see the promo ? I don't see anything
It was on their website in the KB100 page. Free gift of one pair of Spiral dots and a 5th anniversary special goodie where a user can select from options like SPC cable, case, tips etc. I got ML size spiral dots and a spc cable.

Anniversary gift can be selected here - https://penonaudio.com/free-gift-for-5-years-anniversary.html

My bad, JVC tips promotion is over. But still you can get them via the anniversary gift add-on. Hope that helps

Last edited:
May 23, 2019 at 12:01 AM Post #18,064 of 31,837
km4VFtt.png

Lol seems legit.

May 23, 2019 at 1:00 AM Post #18,065 of 31,837
May 23, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #18,067 of 31,837
for the brave, a 5BA from an unknown brand?

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B07S5L68LG

looks like an OEM from KZ/CCA

5187HTjQzaL._SL1200_.jpg

Who comes up with these names??

Anyways, that’s totally a CCA A10 with a different CA4-style face plate.

You can see the exact same nozzle grille (which has a very unique and recognizable design), exact same crossover board, same positioning of the bass BA driver, and you can even make out the exact same white 3D printed plastic ‘driver holder’ inside.

Last edited:
May 23, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #18,068 of 31,837

You can see the exact same nozzle grille (which has a very unique and recognizable design), exact same crossover board, same positioning of the bass BA driver, and you can even make out the exact same white 3D printed plastic ‘driver holder’ inside.

Linsoul offered this for me to review, so I'll be able to compare it to the C10.

May 23, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #18,070 of 31,837
Linsoul offered this for me to review, so I'll be able to compare it to the C10.

Compare it to the C10, or A10?

That one needs to be compared to the A10 :)

Last edited:
May 25, 2019 at 1:40 PM Post #18,072 of 31,837
Right now on (MASS) DROP the ALPHA&DELTA D6 are 40% off. This is SUPREME no brainer for people that like bright mid centric sound that is wonderfully tuned and do not forget about bass and details.

Still one of my favorite iem under 100$. At 60$ it would sure rank as the best one IMO

As i have a 3 year warranty im not sure it worth to buy another pair, but its tempting anyhow.

https://drop.com/buy/alpha-delta-d6-iems

May 25, 2019 at 4:17 PM Post #18,074 of 31,837

I have a good relatioship with linsoul (have reviewed KZ as06 here in the past and T3 for my home country)

They offered this tripowin for a review and i accepted, i have no huge expectations for it but i like the design more than CCA and KZ offerings.

Let's see how they end up sounding. Will they follow this FR? I think the BAs from KZ has a very good quality, as it is the crossover implementation, they respond well to EQ. What mess everything is the tuning.

AS06 has some phasing issues as well but let's leave it aside.

.TRIPOWIN.JPG

Last edited:
May 25, 2019 at 6:09 PM Post #18,075 of 31,837
I'm thinking about picking up a pair of Tin hifi T3's. Do you think these Alpha Delta D6's are better?

I can just say I prefer the D6 over the T3, they are brighter and more mid centric and offer a richer overall sound IMO T3 is more ''liquid'' sounding and lack texture in timbre compared to D6, but they are less trebly.

D6 are very rarely on sale....T3 are often on sale. Cable of D6 is better but non detachable. I you are very sensible to slight sibilance, D6 have upper mids peaks:
GetAttachmentThumbnail

Strangely, it do not sound as fowards as it look. Bass is quite realist and if you push eartips over nozzle hole it became more punchy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back