CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 17, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #16,891 of 31,833
've been playing with the Monoprice Mp80 which i got for £20 on Amazon UK. BA+DD with three filters.

Had to grab one at that price. The Monoprice site is charging $59 and Amazon.com wants $76. £20 is $26.

edit: it does say on the Amazon page what each filter is meant to do.

The black nozzles offer a brighter sound signature, with a clean midrange and extended highs.
The gunmetal nozzles deliver a more accurate frequency response, with slightly less aggressive highs and a wider sound field.
Finally, the silver nozzles add deeper sub-bass for added punch and extension.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2019 at 9:25 PM Post #16,892 of 31,833
Ugly as hell! ;S
I think they're cute!
2019-03-17 09.22.34 1.jpg

Mar 17, 2019 at 10:48 PM Post #16,893 of 31,833
So my review of NiceHCK N3 is done. If you go to my site there a comparaison with **** (not included in headfi review):https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/nicehck-n3.23557/reviews#review-21776

I have a bipolar relationship with the N3 depending on type of music I listen to as well as the DAP I use.

Its a very capricious earphones, but when you hit the sweet spot miracle of musicality can happen....not suggested as an all arounder tough.

If your into soft timbre with extra upper highs sparkle playing in an immense and airy soundstage with great imaging, I think it worth a try, but if you search for perfect all arounder, its a pass.....(for a **** perhaps?).

Mar 18, 2019 at 1:35 AM Post #16,894 of 31,833
Had to grab one at that price. The Monoprice site is charging $59 and Amazon.com wants $76. £20 is $26.

edit: it does say on the Amazon page what each filter is meant to do.

The black nozzles offer a brighter sound signature, with a clean midrange and extended highs.
The gunmetal nozzles deliver a more accurate frequency response, with slightly less aggressive highs and a wider sound field.
Finally, the silver nozzles add deeper sub-bass for added punch and extension.

Ordered too. Love a bargain like that.

Good find @harry501501

Mar 18, 2019 at 1:49 AM Post #16,895 of 31,833
Mar 18, 2019 at 4:08 AM Post #16,896 of 31,833
My **** has arrived in the country so should have my grubby little paws on them soon

I have ordered a week ago and it is still not shipped. Contacted the seller (NiceHCK) and it won't be in stock for another 8-10 days.

Thinking of cancelling because i don't really need it but i've ordered for a nice price because of a general Aliexpress coupon and i am kind of curious about the piezoelectric sound.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2019 at 7:49 AM Post #16,897 of 31,833
In case You didn`t understand - graph looks ugly as hell.
Do you not like V-shaped sound sigs?
H1 compared to Mixcder X5, Fiio F1, and modded EZAudio D4.
H1 vs X5.jpg H1 vs F1.jpg H1 vs D4.jpg
For the record, that graph and the others are compensated using Crin's psuedo-IEC comp file, and I'm not confident in the measurements beyond 6k.

Mar 18, 2019 at 8:15 AM Post #16,898 of 31,833
Do you not like V-shaped sound sigs?
No.
But I`m ok with little U-shape or L-hape signature.
Those IEMs You graphed have too much emphasis @ 4-6kHz and probably littlebit too much mid-bass relative to sub-bass and mids.
I`m sensitive to 6.2-7.5kHz, so getting close to 6.2kHz with so much bump is no go for me.

But this is just me and applies only for me, maybe to others those graphs look and IEMs sound great :wink:

Mar 18, 2019 at 8:44 AM Post #16,899 of 31,833

Good find @harry501501

Good find @harry501501

Monoprice MP80

+1 on that. Sounds sweet on Pioneer audio player; relatively inexpensive and comfortable, even when sleeping on side. I did have to roll tips and do a cheap cable upgrade and give them a few hours for them to sound their best, but I am really happy with them.

Mar 18, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #16,900 of 31,833
So while I am waiting for my second pair of **** to arrive (previous pair is out of order... based on collective feedback from this forum, looks like hair is stuck in the dynamic driver of the left piece), I tried to get back to the IEM that was my fav 6-12 months ago or so - Tin Audio T515. Holy crap, after spending time with ****/C10/ZSN, T515 is so painfully V-shaped :D Obviously moving from one sound signature to another always requires few hours of transition burn-in but at this point it is too much (T515 is a great IEM but only for V-shape heads).

So I have now decided to use for the next couple weeks the IEM that is not often talked about here - NarMoo W1M (review: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/na...e-isolating-headphones-with-mic.20610/reviews)

It is apparently same shell and same drivers as T515, but differently tuned - more balanced or even mid-forward, but still with impressive extension on both ends, clarity and separation well above its price. Soundstage after **** is somewhat intimate, but nothing beats **** soundstage below $50 anyway, in my opinion.

Also listening to W1M you realise that one thing **** somewhat misses is subbass depth. Don't get me wrong, **** subbass is pleasant, precise, quick. But it is just not that deep. With W1M (equally as with T515) you can feel subbass rumbling with a throat, so pleasant! But no bleed whatsoever. Unlike T515, W1M's mids are not suppressed. Treble detail is outstanding with zero piercing (after all, there is no BA, just two dynamic drivers). Sound is dark'ish but within reason - another "like" from me.

TLDR: W1M is very underappreciated IEM, you can say it is T515 but with elevated mids and 20cm longer cable.

Mar 18, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #16,901 of 31,833
So while I am waiting for my second pair of **** to arrive (previous pair is out of order... based on collective feedback from this forum, looks like hair is stuck in the dynamic driver of the left piece), I tried to get back to the IEM that was my fav 6-12 months ago or so - Tin Audio T515. Holy crap, after spending time with ****/C10/ZSN, T515 is so painfully V-shaped :D Obviously moving from one sound signature to another always requires few hours of transition burn-in but at this point it is too much (T515 is a great IEM but only for V-shape heads).

So I have now decided to use for the next couple weeks the IEM that is not often talked about here - NarMoo W1M (review: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/na...e-isolating-headphones-with-mic.20610/reviews)

It is apparently same shell and same drivers as T515, but differently tuned - more balanced or even mid-forward, but still with impressive extension on both ends, clarity and separation well above its price. Soundstage after **** is somewhat intimate, but nothing beats **** soundstage below $50 anyway, in my opinion.

Also listening to W1M you realise that one thing **** somewhat misses is subbass depth. Don't get me wrong, **** subbass is pleasant, precise, quick. But it is just not that deep. With W1M (equally as with T515) you can feel subbass rumbling with a throat, so pleasant! But no bleed whatsoever. Unlike T515, W1M's mids are not suppressed. Treble detail is outstanding with zero piercing (after all, there is no BA, just two dynamic drivers). Sound is dark'ish but within reason - another "like" from me.

TLDR: W1M is very underappreciated IEM, you can say it is T515 but with elevated mids and 20cm longer cable.

OMG! Someone actually looked at that old W1M review? Groovy :D Still got mine kicking around. Should pull it out for a listen today.

Mar 18, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #16,902 of 31,833

That's interesting. I have just been listening to this on the ****, sub bass is superb, with real depth and weight (Spiral Dots fitted):

Mar 18, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #16,903 of 31,833
Hi guys!
My Tin Audio T2 cable broke and I'm trying to find one under 20$. Do you recommend any in particular?

Also, are the Bluetooth cables from KZ or TRN any good? Is there any you recommend?

Thank you!

Mar 18, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #16,904 of 31,833

Good find @harry501501

I wonder if that price is a mistake. Anyway, my Monoprice MP80 will arrive this evening between 6pm and 10pm. Did you order on time to get the night delivery? I love same day evening delivery... so much nicer than getting waked by the doorbell early in the morning (like 10 or 11 am LOL). Nightowls do not like to be disturbed that early.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #16,905 of 31,833
I wonder if that price is a mistake. Anyway, my Monoprice MP80 will arrive this evening between 6pm and 10pm. Did you order on time to get the night delivery? I love same day evening delivery... so much nicer than getting waked by the doorbell early in the morning (like 10 or 11 am LOL). Nightowls do not like to be disturbed that early.

Don't get that option up here unfortunately.

Mine will be here tomorrow.

That price is most definitely a mistake!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back