CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 16, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #16,876 of 31,833
I will probably buy the N3, I like that fast and clean piezo treble

Are you in the US? Rosewill EX500 is $12.99 on Amazon, and it comes with a full set of SpinFit wide bore tips.

Mar 16, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #16,877 of 31,833
I've experienced this with headphones and dog hair...

F13DDBCD-842F-45E6-B9F9-469D76AF3F8A.jpeg

Mar 16, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #16,879 of 31,833
I am in Norway, I like the N3 design and they have detachable cables as well

Sounds good friend. N3 has some good reports. Looking forward to hearing your impressions once you get it.

Mar 16, 2019 at 7:20 PM Post #16,881 of 31,833
I don't think I will be able to disassemble and re-assmble the earphone myself. I guess there is no magic trick how to fix this? (assuming this is what you say)

With this model I think it would indeed be difficult to remove it, earbuds used to often be easy to take apart. You could try to shake it or tap it to hopefully move the hair out of the way.

Mar 17, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #16,883 of 31,833
Try the Faaeal Crescent. Single dynamic, lays flat in the ear, very comfortable and sounds great (with some burn in), clear sounding great bass, great vocals, nice highs. A really good one for $20. They are small and perfect for sleeping. A hidden gem in my opinion.
Earbud next to it to show the size.

I have the Faaeal Crescent on the way due to your suggestion. I get too curious. Does it come with a case? I do have a spare case that I will put a label on unless a nice one comes with it. I think it has left Honk Kong so it should be here soon.

Mar 17, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #16,884 of 31,833
I have the Faaeal Crescent on the way due to your suggestion. I get too curious. Does it come with a case? I do have a spare case that I will put a label on unless a nice one comes with it. I think it has left Honk Kong so it should be here soon.
Cool. I think you will like them. They are very comfortable and I use some Spin fits. They do come with a Faaeal case. Have you tried the **** ****? Those are something else for the money! I like variety too! :)

Mar 17, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #16,885 of 31,833
My **** has arrived in the country so should have my grubby little paws on them soon

Mar 17, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #16,887 of 31,833
Interesting. How's the cable. Is it very microphonic or is it no problem wearing cable down?
The Faaeal’s? I haven’t heard microphonics while wearing them (or haven’t noticed). They isolate pretty well. They can either have an outer fit or a deep insertion depending on the size of tip you use. I like them both ways. These are easier to manipulate, in that sense, because of their small design.

Mar 17, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #16,888 of 31,833
The Faaeal’s? I haven’t heard microphonics while wearing them (or haven’t noticed). They isolate pretty well. They can either have an outer fit or a deep insertion depending on the size of tip you use. I like them both ways. These are easier to manipulate, in that sense, because of their small design.
Sounds good. Definitely keeping this on my watch list.

Mar 17, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #16,889 of 31,833
Try removing the nozzle filter, and running with no filter at all. It lowers the sub bass just a tad and bumps up the resolution just a tad. Also, I found the widest bore tip possible further reduces the sub bass, making the whole thing more balanced and opens up the sound.

With those 2 changes, I liked them so much I bought a 2nd pair. Although the purchase was to get the included Spinfits more than anything, which by themselves are worth $10/set.

I didn't take the filter off yet, but using a wider bore def helped take some of the thickness off the bass giving it a SLIGHTLY thinner sound. The Rosewill ex500 is never going to have the resolution of the DC 1 or **** but it's unashamedly big and bold... and most importantly it's fun. Very cool use of sounstage.

I've been playing with the Monoprice Mp80 which i got for £20 on Amazon UK. BA+DD with three filters. Lovely shell and fit, lots of tips including two foams. First listen and it was clear it was VERY bass light and all mids and treble (but very good detail and super wide but flat soundstage). Seeing as the instructions didn't tell me what colour filters were bass and treble i just put next one on. It was exactly the same sound as the first one. So i tried the next one... Jeeez where did that bass come from!!! Now i have clear mids and treble and a very strong and satisfying bass. I guess you'd say it's a neutral sound, with just a touch of warmth saving it from being a predominately brighter sound... but that bass. I hit it with some serious bass heavy tracks and it stayed very controlled with absolutely no buzz or crackle. i found the treble filter on the DMG made a big difference, but the bass one of the MP80 completely changed the sound for the better. Especially with a wide bore tip.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Monoprice-Aluminum-Earphone-Balanced-Armature/dp/B07957RVZ1

Mar 17, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #16,890 of 31,833
I didn't take the filter off yet, but using a wider bore def helped take some of the thickness off the bass giving it a SLIGHTLY thinner sound. The Rosewill ex500 is never going to have the resolution of the DC 1 or **** but it's unashamedly big and bold... and most importantly it's fun. Very cool use of sounstage.

I've been playing with the Monoprice Mp80 which i got for £20 on Amazon UK. BA+DD with three filters. Lovely shell and fit, lots of tips including two foams. First listen and it was clear it was VERY bass light and all mids and treble (but very good detail and super wide but flat soundstage). Seeing as the instructions didn't tell me what colour filters were bass and treble i just put next one on. It was exactly the same sound as the first one. So i tried the next one... Jeeez where did that bass come from!!! Now i have clear mids and treble and a very strong and satisfying bass. I guess you'd say it's a neutral sound, with just a touch of warmth saving it from being a predominately brighter sound... but that bass. I hit it with some serious bass heavy tracks and it stayed very controlled with absolutely no buzz or crackle. i found the treble filter on the DMG made a big difference, but the bass one of the MP80 completely changed the sound for the better. Especially with a wide bore tip.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Monoprice-Aluminum-Earphone-Balanced-Armature/dp/B07957RVZ1

Those look like the Magaosi K3, including the shell and also the removable filters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back