CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 10, 2019 at 11:53 PM Post #16,126 of 31,833
You’re right; according to his measurements it does look like T3 has a bit more bass.

Although after reading his impressions of all 3, it still sounds like the original T2 is overall the best between all 3 models. Or, to clarify, the T3 has some pros (ie better than T2 at some things) but also some cons (ie worse than T2 at other things).

We’ll see once more opinions roll in. But for now I’m going to continue enjoying my T2, with no plans to replace them anytime soon :wink:

Yea it definitely sounds like the T3 has more bass emphasis than the T2/pro to me in listening. The measurements are quite finicky to measure for bass...see my video:

Feb 11, 2019 at 12:03 AM Post #16,127 of 31,833
Here's an EQ setting I am using that I am really liking with the Tin Audio T3. It removes the harsh and graininess of the treble peak and no more sibilance issues, while keeping as much energy and air as I can from the stock sound.

Screenshot_2019-02-10-21-00-30.png

Feb 11, 2019 at 4:04 AM Post #16,128 of 31,833
Wow, DF-10. You’re going old school on us!

Haha it was on sale for $19 so had to pick them up, however they aren't really the "real deal" (more on that in the upcoming first impressions).

Feb 11, 2019 at 6:19 AM Post #16,129 of 31,833
You’re right; according to his measurements it does look like T3 has a bit more bass.
Although after reading his impressions of all 3, it still sounds like the original T2 is overall the best between all 3 models. Or, to clarify, the T3 has some pros (ie better than T2 at some things) but also some cons (ie worse than T2 at other things).
We’ll see once more opinions roll in. But for now I’m going to continue enjoying my T2, with no plans to replace them anytime soon :wink:
I believe it is good decision. If I look only at graphs, I would pick original T2 out of them. But what is and has kept me away from buying any Tin model before was rather sibilance issues along with more "in-Your-head" intimate imaging/soundstage by many impressions.

Wait for my impressions after week about KP vs. modded IT01. Your might be totally happy for long time with fully modded IT01 I believe :wink:

Here's an EQ setting I am using that I am really liking with the Tin Audio T3. It removes the harsh and graininess of the treble peak and no more sibilance issues, while keeping as much energy and air as I can from the stock sound.
This EQ nicely shows what I was afraid about initial graphs that surfaced - sibilance issues around 7-9kHz.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #16,131 of 31,833
impressions please, i am waiting for the ****

OOTB impressions.

You are waiting for a treat.
I fell no peaks. Bass is plain, and a little above neutral giving a just a hint of warmth, i almost don't feel the roll off that you see in graphs.

Treble is well extended, but i don't feel it FULLY extended, mind that i am a bit of a treble head in regards to extension. Little IEMs extends as much as i wish. This one doesn't feel whased out at all, compared to its competitors, who seems to die after 8-10khz.

Mids are cristal clear and a bit on the "thin" side of things.

These don't feel like 22$ AT ALL. Ultra Balanced, great imaging, good bass detail, treble without shrillness.

Feb 11, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #16,132 of 31,833

The airyness of t2s are its strong point for me... sadly the t3 doesn't have all that extension, as showed by antdroid and crin's graph...

Feb 11, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #16,133 of 31,833
Due to some abnormal snow here in Seattle, I've gotten a lot of time to listen to headphones while staying inside and working from home.

Here's my full review of the T3: https://www.antdroid.net/2019/02/tin-audio-t3-full-review.html

Briefly:
In general, I like it despite it's flaws, and there is a flaw in that it's tuned a little too bright in the treble area around 8-10KHz which may cause some harshness and sibilance in some vocals and poorer recordings. EQ does help bring it down, if you've been following some of my posts on massdrop or other places, though. In my opinion, it's better than the T2 and T2 Pro, but I'll leave it to the you to decide whether its worth upgrading. Better soundstage and detail than T2 but probably a little more sibilant. Similar soundstage but less air than T2 Pro. Better bass weight and performance than both T2 and T2 Pro and that's most noticeable between them.

Read my review for more details. Thanks! Feel free to ask questions as necessary!

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #16,134 of 31,833
I came across this cable while looking for tips for my T2. I'd say it's quite interesting. Did anyone hear about a Tin Audio T5 to be released? The T3 isn't even officially available on AliExpress.IMG_20190211_223141.jpg

Feb 11, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #16,135 of 31,833
I did a shell change on the MH755 I don't know if I messed something up but it sounds bad. I had a Nicehck bro (the other brand of it) I never used so I figured what the heck let me try it. Well like I said either I messed it up or these things just are not meant to be re shelled the lows are completely gone and the highs are too much now. O well it was worth a shot. 20190211_171606.jpg

Feb 11, 2019 at 7:12 PM Post #16,136 of 31,833
I had misplaced my CM5 for a couple of weeks and was searching frantically until they turned up in the washing machine yesterday. Gave them a full day to dry out and then Bam!! Good as new! Put the large green tips from the Sony 755 on and they sound even better! Luckily I have three pairs for backup but still amazed at the sound quality from this ultra budget priced iem too bad they are no longer available at the 11 dollar price I got then for from Amazon Usa...
LOL I happened to pull mine out yesterday, bass was what I remembered but vocals not so much. It was pretty shouty and harsh. I remember having them hooked to my old Magni 3 and I could crank them for days, bass got louder and louder while treble never become too harsh. Out of my zx300 its a different story. Oh well, if you are in the states & want another pair LMK, I never use them anymore. It's the Blue shell.

Feb 11, 2019 at 7:21 PM Post #16,137 of 31,833
LOL I happened to pull mine out yesterday, bass was what I remembered but vocals not so much. It was pretty shouty and harsh. I remember having them hooked to my old Magni 3 and I could crank them for days, bass got louder and louder while treble never become too harsh. Out of my zx300 its a different story. Oh well, if you are in the states & want another pair LMK, I never use them anymore. It's the Blue shell.

Thanks for the offer but I am good man. I have a few backup pairs so maybe someone else could use them. In addition to the liking the sound qualities the mic is great for calls. Nice and clear. C10 is my new drug. And trying to resist the siren call of the C16 but I know that resistance is probably futile. Jus waiting for price to come down a bit more and Chinese New Year to be over..

Feb 11, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #16,138 of 31,833
Managed to get the 1More Dual Driver for only £10 on Amazon warehouse. It's an oldie and there's not much about it on here but I've had my eye on it for a while as i love that type of shell. Bass is glorious for such tiny earphones. Been having fun listening to Die Antwoord for last couple hours. It's quite neutral and vocals are a bit dry but for £10 I got myself a wee random bargain for EDM and the likes. Amazon Warehouse rocks (sometimes).

Feb 11, 2019 at 7:53 PM Post #16,139 of 31,833
Thanks for the offer but I am good man. I have a few backup pairs so maybe someone else could use them. In addition to the liking the sound qualities the mic is great for calls. Nice and clear. C10 is my new drug. And trying to resist the siren call of the C16 but I know that resistance is probably futile. Jus waiting for price to come down a bit more and Chinese New Year to be over..
Yeah, I almost pulled the trigger on the C16 the other day since I enjoy the C10 so much

Feb 11, 2019 at 8:26 PM Post #16,140 of 31,833
Where does an RE0 and RE00 lover turn for a juuuuuust slightly warmer/HE560 like sound around 100$ nowadays?

I've been out of this game for a long time, I'm seeing a lot of Chi-Fi talk but I don't even remember the market existing to the extent it does now. I see the T3 on MD, the AS10 get recommendations.... but:

I still have my RE00 and I'm not confident any of them are an "upgrade" really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back