CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 9, 2019 at 4:18 AM Post #16,111 of 31,833
That's right. The **** is quite power hungry. I use a Fiio A5 on high gain and the **** really comes alive.
That's good to know! I recently bought an xDSD, but I might replace it with a Q5 later as it hisses on my iems during quiet situations (even the C10 which is at 32 ohm) and I can't stand the hiss. My ears are apparently sensitive enough to pick up hiss, even though the shop sellers do not pick it up, and ifi replied in their thread that the DMG would exhibit a very minor hiss given its 18 ohm and 108 sensitivity, and recommended I use the iematch on it. I made a comparison on the xDSD thread for the other models, and in short I detected the hiss on all the ones without builtin iematch.

I'll try it out later once the shop decides whether to allow a refund/replacement, and I'm forced to grab an earbuddy or iematch as I won't be able to stand the wait for online delivery of a cheaper alternative.

Feb 9, 2019 at 4:22 AM Post #16,112 of 31,833
Not read all the thread but the KB100 available on penon with a Shanling M1as DAP are realy great Iems. I listen them every day for more than 3 months now and always very happy.
A944ED4D-D2F3-45E3-B9D5-19A605430C86.jpeg

581EB3D4-1577-4C74-802B-8BB3D6969AB1.jpeg

I have tried first the M0 and find the M1 better for my taste.

Feb 9, 2019 at 7:28 AM Post #16,113 of 31,833
Anyone ever see this?

Linklike QUAD Dynamic Drive Hi-Res Extra Bass Earbuds Headphones Wired Earbuds with Microphone,Lightweight Earphones with Volume Control 3.5mm Jack,In-Ear Headphones,Linklike Classic2

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L738NLT

Each side has Dual dynamic drivers, 1 is a biofiber diaphragm and the other is a titanium plated diaphragm.

Also the shell is open-backed, which is unusual for EarPod designs. Should (in theory) have a nice open sound.

Anyone willing to be a guinea pig and try it out?

This looks VERY interesting... though, I`m not fan of earpods.

I will ..even though I hate cables with mics. It might be just what I need for sleeping. Actually,the mic would help me determine right from left in the dark...but a piece of tape would do that as well.

It is £29 on Amazon UK but has a £10 voucher. Best of all, I was just in time for same day delivery (offered with some products). I should have it within 9 hours.

Feb 9, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #16,114 of 31,833
I will in a few days, but with mt current set of iems and with all of them being very competitive I'm having a hard time to distinguish quality in clarity and can only notice via direct comparison the nuances between them. Either the Crescent is much harder to drive than the ****, or the **** is much easier to drive than the Crescent, but I needed to ramp up the volume of the Crescent much more. Initial impressions for both, I think the Crescent sound signature is pretty close to the KPE, with a touch more midbass and treble. Thinking about it, I think the **** is `balanced` as described by @1clearhead and the bumps in the fr graph is why I needed to reduce the volume compared to the much flatter Crescent. I tried the weird included tips, and they DO sounded closer to neutral with much wider soundstage compared to the tips I decided to put on them, Final Type E.

Right now, I'm just enjoying them both. :)

Oh, make sure to prep an mmcx cable for the **** before you get it, unless you don't mind using the rubber cable with mic on it. It's a good thing I had a spare 6 core lying around and I don't need to wait for a cable replacement (I don't like inline controls in cable).
The **** should sound "neutral" with the thin silicone default ear tips or the packaged ear tips provided, but it's possible to up them to a more "balanced" sound signature with aftermarket silicone ear tips, which are slightly thicker.

Feb 9, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #16,116 of 31,833
Guess what I just got guys :grinning:

zkABhLG.jpg

DZAT DF-10 (left) / **** **** (right)

This is just a little sneak peak, first impressions will be coming very shortly :)

Feb 10, 2019 at 12:09 AM Post #16,117 of 31,833
The **** should sound "neutral" with the thin silicone default ear tips or the packaged ear tips provided, but it's possible to up them to a more "balanced" sound signature with aftermarket silicone ear tips, which are slightly thicker.
Yupz, haha, although I'm getting confused trying to judge which is balanced or neutral between the **** and the Crescent.

That's right. The **** is quite power hungry. I use a Fiio A5 on high gain and the **** really comes alive.
Yes, I managed to have my newly bought xDSD replaced with a Q5, and I just tested out the ****, and wow it sounds a bit more refined and treble sounds just right now, rather than the slightly rolled off I mentioned before. Liking what I hear with it. :)

Feb 10, 2019 at 12:37 AM Post #16,118 of 31,833
Guess what I just got guys :grinning:

zkABhLG.jpg

DZAT DF-10 (left) / **** **** (right)

This is just a little sneak peak, first impressions will be coming very shortly :)

Wow, DF-10. You’re going old school on us!

Feb 10, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #16,119 of 31,833
What would be a recommended IEM/earbud for watch TV/Movies?

These would be to wear in bed at night (with my wife and newborn baby sleeping at the side of me) and powered by a Topping MX3.

My priorities would be comfort (so maybe a lower profile bud would be better), followed by isolation (to not disturb the wife and baby) followed by sound. Obviously I would prefer decent sound but I am quite happy with the SQ from things like KZ ATE or ED16 for this, I would just like to up the comfort/isolation level a bit.

Thanks!

Feb 10, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #16,120 of 31,833
What would be a recommended IEM/earbud for watch TV/Movies?

These would be to wear in bed at night (with my wife and newborn baby sleeping at the side of me) and powered by a Topping MX3.

My priorities would be comfort (so maybe a lower profile bud would be better), followed by isolation (to not disturb the wife and baby) followed by sound. Obviously I would prefer decent sound but I am quite happy with the SQ from things like KZ ATE or ED16 for this, I would just like to up the comfort/isolation level a bit.

Thanks!

If you’re looking for isolation, I would not get earbuds.

If it was me, I’d go with KZ ZS3E or KZ ZS4.

Feb 10, 2019 at 9:42 PM Post #16,121 of 31,833
I had misplaced my CM5 for a couple of weeks and was searching frantically until they turned up in the washing machine yesterday. Gave them a full day to dry out and then Bam!! Good as new! Put the large green tips from the Sony 755 on and they sound even better! Luckily I have three pairs for backup but still amazed at the sound quality from this ultra budget priced iem too bad they are no longer available at the 11 dollar price I got then for from Amazon Usa...

Feb 10, 2019 at 10:02 PM Post #16,122 of 31,833
Feb 10, 2019 at 10:43 PM Post #16,123 of 31,833
i just passing by and read @crinacle 's impressions about Tin audio T2, T2 pro, and T3

from his graph, i saw differences in bass region between T2 and T3 (T2pro is the same with T2)
https://crinacle.com/2019/02/11/tin-audio-t2-t2-pro-and-t3-first-impressions-and-measurements/

some head fiers mentioned that they had same bass, so i just ignore bad review good audio's measurement that time, but crin's measurement also tells the same actually.

gonna wait for more reviews

You’re right; according to his measurements it does look like T3 has a bit more bass.

Although after reading his impressions of all 3, it still sounds like the original T2 is overall the best between all 3 models. Or, to clarify, the T3 has some pros (ie better than T2 at some things) but also some cons (ie worse than T2 at other things).

We’ll see once more opinions roll in. But for now I’m going to continue enjoying my T2, with no plans to replace them anytime soon :wink:

Feb 10, 2019 at 10:52 PM Post #16,124 of 31,833
You’re right; according to his measurements it does look like T3 has a bit more bass.

Although after reading his impressions of all 3, it still sounds like the original T2 is overall the best between all 3 models. Or, to clarify, the T3 has some pros (ie better than T2 at some things) but also some cons (ie worse than T2 at other things).

We’ll see once more opinions roll in. But for now I’m going to continue enjoying my T2, with no plans to replace them anytime soon :wink:

same here, i guess its not worth buying T3 if we already have T2. some more BQEYZ KB100 is like what T2 lacks of, sub bass, still very clear and forward mids, smooth, no piercing and harsh at all. but still, the T2 stands out for its natural timbre. best on its class.

Feb 10, 2019 at 11:32 PM Post #16,125 of 31,833

+1 ...Same here. :sunglasses::tropical_drink:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back