CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 20, 2018 at 9:43 PM Post #14,356 of 31,833
Is there any point to get the D4 when already got the Einsear T2. I've heard that they sound similar, the T2 sounds fine at moderate volume but starts to produce sibilance when turn up the volume a little bit. Maybe you guys could try many volume levels before concluding. IMHO

Nov 20, 2018 at 9:54 PM Post #14,357 of 31,833
Nov 20, 2018 at 10:07 PM Post #14,358 of 31,833
Thanks Slater! Helpful as always

I tried to read up abit and its confusing as hell, but this site actually has a diagram that makes it easier to understand.

Another off topic question here is that most balanced cable i see are 2.5mm with TRRS connectors (for IEMs). So with 4 contact points how does the ground fit in :thinking: i'm imagining left +ve, left -ve, right +ve, right -ve and ground which makes 5 contact points. Or each +ve and -ve has a ground? xD

Anw that just went pass my mind so research time now :man_dancing:

Cool, glad you got it figured out.

For anyone that looks at those diagrams from that site like it’s Greek, here’s an easier explanation.

You have 2 containers. 1 container is full of chocolate syrup, and the other container is full of milk.

Scenario #1. You have hose coming from each container, and they join together into 1 hose. What comes out the end of that hose is chocolate flavored milk. This is like a single ended source.

Once the chocolate flavoring and the milk mix together, you cannot separate it. So even adding an “adapter hose” to the very end (that splits the single hose back into TWO hoses), you will still have chocolate flavored milk. The only difference is now you will have chocolate flavored milk coming out of 2 hoses instead of 1.

Once the milk is mixed with the chocolate syrup, it’s mixed forever. This is why adding a “balanced adapter” to a single ended headphone does not work. It can’t work.

Scenario #2. You have a hose coming out of each container, and they never join together. They remain separate. One hose will always have pure chocolate syrup in it, and the other hose will always have pure milk in it. This is like a balanced connection.

In the above examples (#1 and 2), each container is like the ground wires of your drivers. The chocolate syrup container is like the Left ground, and the milk container is like the Right ground. If you want them to be balanced, the grounds from each driver have to remain separate and independent; never “mixing” together.

Hopefully that makes sense. I’m going to go have some homemade hot chocolate now :)

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2018 at 3:37 AM Post #14,360 of 31,833
Is there any point to get the D4 when already got the Einsear T2. I've heard that they sound similar, the T2 sounds fine at moderate volume but starts to produce sibilance when turn up the volume a little bit. Maybe you guys could try many volume levels before concluding. IMHO

Is there any point in getting more earphones when you have functioning earphones really?

It depends what you're looking for but I would say yes. No two IEMs are the same (excluding rebrands lol). I don't have the T2 with me now but did a min of ABing day before yesterday and the D4 sounded more balanced to me with better mids and slightly brighter highs. I must say I never noticed sibilance on the einsears though, but I only listen on low to moderate volumes. If I don't forget I'll check tonight how they compare to my ears :jecklinsmile:. Bottom line though, for <€10 they're a steal, similar or not.

Nov 21, 2018 at 7:27 AM Post #14,361 of 31,833
Thanks @Zerohour88 @Slater ! The chocolate milk analogy is as sweet as it taste lol

Either way i dont really get the ground thing yet but i will take a step at a time. Currently am reading up on circuits as i want to build my own amp, but i need to know a little of the science behind it before actually doing it. Makes me regret not doing engineering and its like a revision on high school physics xD

Maybe i'll be good and release my own line of headphone amps, the Weedio V1, Weedio V1 Bass and Weedio V1 Pro :joy_cat:

Off topic much, anyone tried the TRN 2.5mm cable before?

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #14,365 of 31,833
I remembered that Einsear T2 doesn't have sibilance so I am using it now. It's weird that now I can hear the sibilance. But the sibilance is not peaky / piercing like some chifi IEMs which use BA for the treble range. Still my top recommendation for anyone who can't find better earphones than from the ones coming with their phones.
Is there any point in getting more earphones when you have functioning earphones really?
I just can't argue with this.

Nov 21, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #14,367 of 31,833
So what ZSN cable should one get. the purple one or the one that comes with the green and black ZSNs
Definitely, the one that comes with the purple/silver are better. Now, if you decide to pick up the cyan/black or black, just try to purchase the clear/silver cable that's sold separately exclusively for this same model.

Nov 21, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #14,368 of 31,833
With all these hype around ZSN, I think I must purchased one. That will be my first KZ IEM. I avoided KZ brand after I heard my friend's ZS5 sometime ago; I can't stand the sibilance.

Nov 21, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #14,369 of 31,833
Listening to the ZSN right now -- I am not hearing sibilance, and I have both the ZS5 and ZS6, the latter of which I found particularly piercing often (which is why they don't get used often.) . These ZSN are quite nice!

Nov 21, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #14,370 of 31,833
Our fukubukuro aka mystery bags arrived today Silver for me and Black for @HungryPanda. We opened them simultaneously. Very happy. I have medium RHA tips on mine and he has large starlines on his.

R0013873.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back