CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 16, 2018 at 12:09 AM Post #13,651 of 31,833
How do they compare to the Tinaudio T2? ...Are they similar in sound signature?

CM5 has much deeper sub bass extension. It's slightly more v shaped compared to the T2. I like the bass on the CM5 better, but prefer the mids on the T2. The highs on both are similar (*** assuming the CM5 is modded as indicated below).

Cable is obviously fixed on CM5, and CM5 is worn behind the ear.

They both use double dynamic drivers. The CM5 is graphene sprayed.

Both are great. CM5 is a steal for the price. It can be found anywhere from $10-$20. It is one of my favorite IEMs.

The stock tips are rubbish though. I use Starlines for the best fit.

*** Also, the stock nozzle filter is a dual layer, and it adds a bit of veil to the sound and reduces the treble clarity. If you replace the stock nozzle filter with a normal stainless one, you will be rewarded with noticeably better sound (clarity). It's well worth the $0.12 for the new filters.

I mentioned more in-depth impressions here:

Here's a FR for the CM5:

4.jpg

Oct 16, 2018 at 1:10 AM Post #13,652 of 31,833
CM5 has much deeper sub bass extension. It's slightly more v shaped compared to the T2. I like the bass on the CM5 better, but prefer the mids on the T2. The highs on both are similar (*** assuming the CM5 is modded as indicated below).

Both are great. CM5 is a steal for the price. It can be found anywhere from $10-$20. It is one of my favorite IEMs.

*** Also, the stock nozzle filter is a dual layer, and it adds a bit of veil to the sound and reduces the treble clarity. If you replace the stock nozzle filter with a normal stainless one, you will be rewarded with noticeably better sound (clarity). It's well worth the $0.12 for the new filters.

Here's a FR for the CM5:

Thank you for the detailed comparison!...like the FR graph! :beerchug:

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2018 at 4:10 AM Post #13,653 of 31,833

Here's a FR for the CM5:

Would you happen to have a link for those upgrade filters? Can't find one that doesn't require you to buy a thousand of them

Oct 16, 2018 at 4:27 AM Post #13,654 of 31,833
The KZ ATE for me! I ordered them after two shady comments underneath a rant of the Verge's praise for the Zero Audio Carbo Tenore, which I ordered because of that review but found it lacked all the bass in the world. Two people there recommended the ATE. I took the bait. And boy...

It was after a get-together, around midnight, when I first put the ATE in and was just blown away. For three hours straight I sat there on my couch, semi drunk, discovering details in all those songs I loved for many years. I think I tweeted about them three times that night. Like 'HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE'. So so so in love.

They kickstarted, or rather poisoned me with this chifi obsession.

And I still thank them for it. So much. :)

YES! I remember the first time I got my ATE-S and it was, aside from the ED9, the only other IEM that actually blew my mind! Soundstage was mesmerizingly deep and I was astonished by all the details I could hear from it. Don't like them that much now, but an year ago they were my favorite IEMs along with the ED9.

Oct 16, 2018 at 6:03 AM Post #13,656 of 31,833
hello ... where did you see them at that price ? other members also quoting low prices but I can only see them around £40/£50 . cheers
Amazon UK there is a box to check in description giving 50% off until the end of october but the listing has gone now

Oct 16, 2018 at 6:08 AM Post #13,657 of 31,833
hello ... where did you see them at that price ? other members also quoting low prices but I can only see them around £40/£50 . cheers

They must have decided it was a mistake to allow the 50% on the listing that was already on sale for under £20. I hope they honor the orders already placed. Stock was not arriving until the 25th.

This one for £38.99 Is actually not bad with the 50% off because it is the Plus version which inclues a second cable.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HIFI-WALKE...qid=1539684167&sr=8-1&keywords=hifi+walker+a7

only one left though...

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2018 at 6:12 AM Post #13,658 of 31,833
Oct 16, 2018 at 7:07 AM Post #13,659 of 31,833
They must have decided it was a mistake to allow the 50% on the listing that was already on sale for under £20. I hope they honor the orders already placed. Stock was not arriving until the 25th.

This one for £38.99 Is actually not bad with the 50% off because it is the Plus version which inclues a second cable.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HIFI-WALKE...qid=1539684167&sr=8-1&keywords=hifi+walker+a7

only one left though...

I just realised it looks exactly like the Betnew H1. Damn.. £10 is an insane bargain for these. I am using the Betnew H1 for my daily commute which are in my ears while I am typing this. :ksc75smile:

Oct 16, 2018 at 7:41 AM Post #13,660 of 31,833
Would you happen to have a link for those upgrade filters? Can't find one that doesn't require you to buy a thousand of them

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32800734441.html

That link is for 20 (ie 10 pairs).

Be sure to order the correct size for whatever IEM you’re installing them on. Different IEMs use different sizes.

That seller can mix and match sizes, so you could get 6 of 1 size, 10 of another size, etc. That’s especially helpful when you don’t know what size you’ll need - you just get some of each size.

Oct 16, 2018 at 8:34 AM Post #13,661 of 31,833
@mbwilson111 yeap i tried to removed it with the tips on, no avail lol. Luckily i kinda enjoy the sound so its like getting lemon tea just because i want the taste of lemon, but there's no lemon and i am just enjoying the tea xD good tea TBH

Oct 16, 2018 at 8:38 AM Post #13,662 of 31,833
Maybe not in the $10 range but i would give my vote to the TRN V20 which i got it for less than $8. Absolute steal if u can get used to the fit. V shaped, engaging and fun sounding. Great isolation, good cables and nice finish on the body.

Edit: The KZ ED9 is growing on me too. Those sweet bass yo, and i am pretty surprised by the clarity too. Perhaps better than the V20 :ok_woman:

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #13,663 of 31,833
I just realised it looks exactly like the Betnew H1. Damn.. £10 is an insane bargain for these. I am using the Betnew H1 for my daily commute which are in my ears while I am typing this. :ksc75smile:

Yep they look identical.

Glad I bagged myself a second set at £9.94. Hope they honour it.

With foam tips out of my Xduoo X3 they're one of my favourites.

Oct 16, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #13,664 of 31,833
Yep they look identical.

Glad I bagged myself a second set at £9.94. Hope they honour it.

With foam tips out of my Xduoo X3 they're one of my favourites.
As long as Amazon honour the deal

Oct 16, 2018 at 12:10 PM Post #13,665 of 31,833
Just had to order those HiFi Walker A7's for £9.94 shipped free in a few weeks, bargain.

I ordered a pair from Amazon US...19.99 minus 25% off minus a 7.00 Amazon credit I had forgotten about...Final cost to me $7.63...just got them from mailman haven't tried yet. Chi Fi provides US with Xmas Year round!! Will report on sound later..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back