CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 16, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #13,667 of 31,833
I got in on the HiFi Walker A7 discount train on Amazon as well, my initial impression is that they are definitely a nice deal at the discounted price. V-shaped with controlled bass and a slightly heavier emphasis on highs than lows, decently wide soundstage most of the time (it seems like it kind of "closes in" on some complex song sections), solid build, nice accessories with the exception of the tip selection.

Honestly I would've been disappointed with them if I'd paid anywhere near the msrp, but I'm happy to add them to my collection for $15, especially given the build quality and fit. It's definitely booting the ZSR out of my regular rotation, the A7 treble seems more detailed and easy to listen to, and I could never get the ZSR to sit comfortably in my ears.

Oct 16, 2018 at 12:33 PM Post #13,668 of 31,833
I got in on the HiFi Walker A7 discount train on Amazon as well, my initial impression is that they are definitely a nice deal at the discounted price. V-shaped with controlled bass and a slightly heavier emphasis on highs than lows, decently wide soundstage most of the time (it seems like it kind of "closes in" on some complex song sections), solid build, nice accessories with the exception of the tip selection.

Honestly I would've been disappointed with them if I'd paid anywhere near the msrp, but I'm happy to add them to my collection for $15, especially given the build quality and fit. It's definitely booting the ZSR out of my regular rotation, the A7 treble seems more detailed and easy to listen to, and I could never get the ZSR to sit comfortably in my ears.

If you have already, I recommend using foam tips and a powerful source / amp. To me it brings the mids a little more forward, making them sound more balanced.

Oct 16, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #13,669 of 31,833
If you have already, I recommend using foam tips and a powerful source / amp. To me it brings the mids a little more forward, making them sound more balanced.
Read about a mod @Otto Motor did on another HIFI Walker placing the tape below at the nozzles to make it less bright.Thanks Otto. So i tried it along with foam tips and indeed i think the sound became more balanced. Furthemore i think they are very source dependant.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0741BSZR3/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
There are a few bluetooth ones left which include their basic cable here. The bluetooth is not aptx but the chip is rather good.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CTN7J5V/ref=emc_b_5_t

Oct 16, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #13,670 of 31,833
This is spot on! All it takes are foam and more power folks :) Put my LG V20 into "external device" mode to get a bit extra juice, and vocal is warmer and more forward. A7 has great quality treble - smooth, not grainy. Guitar string attacks sound amazingly tight and detailed.

Oct 16, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #13,671 of 31,833
Hi guys,

I want to buy a bluetooth cable for my Tin Audio T2.
Which one do you think it's the best? The TRN BT10, BT3 or the one from KZ? Any other options?

Also, is there anything new with a signature similar to the T2? Under the 50/60$ range?

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2018 at 7:22 PM Post #13,672 of 31,833
Oct 16, 2018 at 8:09 PM Post #13,674 of 31,833
Oct 16, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #13,675 of 31,833
I actually preferred these cheap ones I got at same time, remind me a lot of the c610 which i love, great for the gym, comfy, open with good strong bass.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B072N51BKM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I think it's the same as the Remax RM-580
is there any good/decent usb-c chifi earphone or headphone around yet?
Try the Headroom MS33 (Rockever Type-C). But the better choice would possibly be a cable adapter with built-in codec/DAC like the VE Odyssey, Vention BGC or Kript.

Oct 16, 2018 at 9:00 PM Post #13,676 of 31,833
Oct 16, 2018 at 10:09 PM Post #13,677 of 31,833
I think it's the same as the Remax RM-580

Try the Headroom MS33 (Rockever Type-C). But the better choice would possibly be a cable adapter with built-in codec/DAC like the VE Odyssey, Vention BGC or Kript.
wow wait so those cable with built in dac can deliver similar sound as normal 3.5mm jack?

edit: anyone else have recommendation for usb-c earphone?

Oct 16, 2018 at 10:34 PM Post #13,678 of 31,833
Got the ED16 finally. Hmm, really didn't like them sadly. Very cold sounding overall, bit bright for me. I actually preferred these cheap ones I got at same time, remind me a lot of the c610 which i love, great for the gym, comfy, open with good strong bass.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B072N51BKM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Got 10 pages to catch up on :)
I compared
Got the ED16 finally. Hmm, really didn't like them sadly. Very cold sounding overall, bit bright for me. I actually preferred these cheap ones I got at same time, remind me a lot of the c610 which i love, great for the gym, comfy, open with good strong bass.

Give them some time, it was the same for me at first but after about 3 weeks the sound really opened up, more bass and the trebles aren't harsh.Enjoying my CM 5's more at the moment but don't regret getting the ed16

Oct 16, 2018 at 11:36 PM Post #13,679 of 31,833
How would you describe your change in sound preference?
I enjoyed more of a V shaped signature when I first started this hobby. I didn't really know what to actually call my preferred signature at the time. I then slowly drifted to a more mid based, and neutral sounding signature as a preference. It's to the point now where it's very hard for me to truly enjoy a V shaped signature, no matter how well done they may be.

Edit- Thank goodness for the bosshifi b3 finally showing me that mids were awesome, haha. I've been chasing the b3 upgrades ever since, but wt least now I really know what signature brings me more enjoyment from my music.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2018 at 12:59 AM Post #13,680 of 31,833
Guys, can anybody recommend a bass-head iem, at around 20$ to 30$? I currently own the KZ ZS3, and I am looking for something with deeper bass. I was looking at the KZ ZSR, and somebody recommended the AS10. Are there other options?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back