CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 1, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #13,427 of 31,833
I guess my golden Chi-Fi run had to end at some point. The GK3 is one to avoid. Enjoy!
https://primeaudio.org/geek-wold-gk3-review/

Geek Wold GK3 front and back.jpg

Oct 1, 2018 at 1:05 PM Post #13,429 of 31,833
... and yet, my A8 clone is nothing like that

...and I agree that the comfort is great could wear all day because of the comfort but also because they are easy to listen to and not shrill at all.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #13,430 of 31,833
Got some cases for my IEMs today they are pretty nice for $2 each.
gcG4Zjt
A2JBnc6.jpg

Also how are the TFZ Galaxy T2 IEM Masdrop has them for $40 and hadn't seen too much about them.

I love those TRN cases! I can fit 2 sets of Tin Audio T2 in the same case.

Gearbest has them for $0.90

Oct 1, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #13,431 of 31,833
So havign fallen in love with my Final e4000 I had also saw this little IEm that i liked the shape of and being that I'm a sucker for BA+DD I bought it thinking I'd get round to it one day... but it's sooo good sounding.Great fit and I'm told it may be the same shell as the QKZVK2 which from looking is most probable (thanks to mbwilson111 and Hungry-Panda).

It has a very open large soundstage and great detail, even at micro level helped by it's extended but well behaved treble. I want to say V shaped but only slightly. Bass speed is above average and good depth. All in all a very good contender at the sub £20 level imo. Would be great if someone else has it to offer opinion.

lol, reviewed a phantom pair of earphones there (and not the ones from Trinity Audio, literally never mentioned what they were).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07H4KXBFH/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

GIANT soundstage

thanks Mbwilson

EDIT : Quite interesting, when I was listening to the AUDIMI YO2 it reminded me of the KZZS5 and I wasn't that far of. The YO2 is ever so slightly bigger soundstage wise in all directions and a tiny bit thicker in body and note. They both reach similar levels of treble extension with the KZ ZS5 just a tad brighter and cleaner. Bass is also similar with the AUDIMI having better weight and faster decay, making the ZS5 sound a lot softer in comparison. Sibilance occasionally comes out o the YO2 but it's nothing that makes them fatiguing or annoying. Details wise I'd actually just give it to the AUDIMI. All in all the YO2 is good value at £13.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2018 at 6:56 PM Post #13,432 of 31,833
Off topic I find this thread really interesting at times. When I look at the front page I'm envious and sad that I won't hear even a fraction of the sets that are on that ever growing list and I wonder how many past favourties have been forgotten about to time but would still put up a good fight to the newer and more recent choices. Also makes me wonder how much of a life span the cream of the current crop get before the next best thing comes along and gets the focus of discussion and recomendations.

Don't get me wrong, I get it. This place would not be anywhere near as fun if all that were discussed are sets from the past, but I still wonder about those sets i've missed or newer members will miss. Anyway, just me thinking aloud... carry on lol

Oct 1, 2018 at 8:00 PM Post #13,434 of 31,833
This is why I want to stop and rediscover what I have. It is time.

Just sell them off in the sales thread as a bundle deal and start over. I'm thinking that is what all of us should do about every 18 months.

Oct 1, 2018 at 8:20 PM Post #13,435 of 31,833
Just sell them off in the sales thread as a bundle deal and start over. I'm thinking that is what all of us should do about every 18 months.

Everything? No way.

Oct 1, 2018 at 8:28 PM Post #13,436 of 31,833
Oct 1, 2018 at 10:32 PM Post #13,437 of 31,833
Still waiting for an order from the last Aliexpress sale. Tracking states it was last seen at USA JFK sorting center on 9/6 and no updates since. I'm in Connecticut which is 50 miles from JFK. Wondering if the current trade disagreements between China and USA Are responsible or maybe just some sticky fingers. Inquiring minds want to know...

Oct 1, 2018 at 10:39 PM Post #13,438 of 31,833
lol, reviewed a phantom pair of earphones there (and not the ones from Trinity Audio, literally never mentioned what they were).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07H4KXBFH/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

GIANT soundstage

thanks Mbwilson

EDIT : Quite interesting, when I was listening to the AUDIMI YO2 it reminded me of the KZZS5 and I wasn't that far of. The YO2 is ever so slightly bigger soundstage wise in all directions and a tiny bit thicker in body and note. They both reach similar levels of treble extension with the KZ ZS5 just a tad brighter and cleaner. Bass is also similar with the AUDIMI having better weight and faster decay, making the ZS5 sound a lot softer in comparison. Sibilance occasionally comes out o the YO2 but it's nothing that makes them fatiguing or annoying. Details wise I'd actually just give it to the AUDIMI. All in all the YO2 is good value at £13.
Isn't it a clone of TRN V20? Looks very alike.

Oct 1, 2018 at 11:05 PM Post #13,439 of 31,833
Isn't it a clone of TRN V20? Looks very alike.

Now that you mention it. The pictures of the driver configuration are exactly the same. The TRN has that coating on it but it appears that the Audimi from Amazon does not have that. The shell of the Audimi seems to be exactly like the one used for the QKZ VK2 but the VK2 does not have a BA only the dynamic driver. So, I wonder if the Audimi and the TRN V20 sound the same. I have the V20.

Oct 2, 2018 at 6:45 AM Post #13,440 of 31,833
Hello,

I just received a GGMM C800 and I am astonished.

How is it possible that a 8€ IEM (on sale) sound this good? A single dynamic driver with incredible clarity and balance from sub-bass to high treble. Great bass quality, no boomy at all, somewhat refined treble and good mids, not recessed.
I listened to some music including Rock and Trance and got just enjoyed it, with pleasure.

I bought this on Aliexpress and I'm suprised the C800 isn't mentioned anywhere.

@mbwilson111 @HungryPanda @GrassFed
You seem to love the C700. Do you ever tried the C800? I have both and prefer the C800 which is more balanced and has greater clarity as well as more tight bass.

It's a gem and I prefer this to the overhyped TRN V80.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/GGM...101d09b&transAbTest=ae803_5&priceBeautifyAB=0

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back