CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 29, 2018 at 9:20 PM Post #13,411 of 31,833
The new Magaosi BK50 earphones (w/MMCX) arrived in the mail today.
During my initial listening, while watching "Time Team" episodes (from season 6) on YouTube, it seems like the new BK50 earphones have a slightly brighter sound than my original set of BK50 (w/tethered cable).
I'm planning to listen to music tomorrow, so I can see if the overall response changes any.

After listening to music for ~1.5 days on the new BK50 (MMCX) earphones (using KZ Starline tips), the Bass has come up to the level of the original BK50 (w/tethered cable); and the Treble is still a bit stronger - but they're not sibilant.

Sep 29, 2018 at 9:32 PM Post #13,412 of 31,833
After listening to music for ~1.5 days on the new BK50 (MMCX) earphones (using KZ Starline tips), the Bass has come up to the level of the original BK50 (w/tethered cable); and the Treble is still a bit stronger - but they're not sibilant.

So which of the 2 do you prefer?

Sep 29, 2018 at 9:51 PM Post #13,413 of 31,833
So which of the 2 do you prefer?

There's not a big difference in the sound, so my preference is based on usage -
If I want to listen to a balanced output (Onkyo DP-X1, Shanling M3s, Walnut F1), then the new set, on a 2.5mm -to- MMCX cable is my option.
If I want to quickly connect to, and control, my Android phone, then the original set, with the tethered cable (Mic, Vol+/Vol-, Play/Pause/Fwd/Rew controls) is my option.

Sep 29, 2018 at 10:00 PM Post #13,414 of 31,833
So I found a TRN V10 for $10 (now it’s $20 after filling my order) and saw reviews saying that it was a “trebly compromise”, but also that the treble was terrible. I went ahead and bought it with the cable being worth that price and the V10s a possible gift for someone, but I received it today and it sounds great, especially for $10. The medium ear tips were pre-installed too far out and had to push them down to cover the entire nozzle and realized what this “trebly compromise” was, but the treble is not even as hard as my KZ ZSA, which is still fine for my ears. Granted, the sound signature is a little more subdued with a little bit more volume needed, but it sounds more balanced like this. Is my TRN V10 a revised model? Not sure, but I am definitely happy with the purchase, making it amongst the best $10 purchases I ever made.:)

Sep 30, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #13,415 of 31,833
Could this be the new TinAudio T3?

DSCN0001.JPG
DSCN0003.JPG

Sep 30, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #13,417 of 31,833
So havign fallen in love with my Final e4000 I had also saw this little IEm that i liked the shape of and being that I'm a sucker for BA+DD I bought it thinking I'd get round to it one day... but it's sooo good sounding.Great fit and I'm told it may be the same shell as the QKZVK2 which from looking is most probable (thanks to mbwilson111 and Hungry-Panda).

It has a very open large soundstage and great detail, even at micro level helped by it's extended but well behaved treble. I want to say V shaped but only slightly. Bass speed is above average and good depth. All in all a very good contender at the sub £20 level imo. Would be great if someone else has it to offer opinion.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #13,418 of 31,833

I love my original BK50, one of my fav IEMs actually... it does have a slight dryness to the main vocal and in the upper mids at times. Is that still the case?

Sep 30, 2018 at 7:20 PM Post #13,420 of 31,833
TinAudio really denies the need to close one of the ports, they really want one to listen to them open and free :)

Agreed. Closing the ports is a mistake. Opening them is the way to go :)

Sep 30, 2018 at 8:35 PM Post #13,421 of 31,833
I love my original BK50, one of my fav IEMs actually... it does have a slight dryness to the main vocal and in the upper mids at times. Is that still the case?

The new BK50 does have a bit more Midrange/Treble than the original.

Oct 1, 2018 at 11:38 AM Post #13,423 of 31,833
Got some cases for my IEMs today they are pretty nice for $2 each.
gcG4Zjt
A2JBnc6.jpg

Also how are the TFZ Galaxy T2 IEM Masdrop has them for $40 and hadn't seen too much about them.

I haven't tried the Galaxy T2 but have the Series 2 which I believe is the same shell and same driver. If that is the case, they have a bright signature with good sub-bass extension and more detail than I'd expect for $40. They are a good way to dip a toe in the pond and see if you like TFZ's house sound before looking at something like the Queen or King pro as they have a similar signature if not quite the detail level and refinement of its bigger brothers and sisters.

Oct 1, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #13,424 of 31,833
Also how are the TFZ Galaxy T2 IEM Masdrop has them for $40 and hadn't seen too much about them.

According to TFZ this is what the Galaxy T2 is:
(credit to Cal N who originally posted the link)

"T2 GALAXY:
1. T2 GALAXY is a TFZ brand that comprehensively enhances and optimizes the work based on SERIES 4. It enhances the atmosphere, analysis and resolution based on the sense of hearing and female voice. Compared to T1 GALAXY, it is an all-round upgrade. In the sound density, the thickness is improved, and finally the taste is relaxed and sweet. T2 GALAXY is one of the most representative works after KING.

2. The T2 GALAXY face cover is made of stainless steel precision CNC machining, and the lower case is made of imported PC transparent material.

3. The wire is made of four-core silver-plated oxygen-free copper, which is twisted and braided. The standard 0.78MM double pin can be changed."

Series 4 is reviewed to be good but a step behind the King. So if they did improve it like they said and put it on par with the King it should be a solid deal at the $39.99 shipped Massdrop price.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back