CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 3, 2018 at 6:36 PM Post #13,458 of 31,834
Yep I ordered a pair too, will compare to my V80 and Somic v4 which I'm increasingly liking even though I've had it 3 years.

The V4 was under appreciated. It's a gem.

DSC00661.JPG

Oct 3, 2018 at 6:52 PM Post #13,460 of 31,834
The V4 was under appreciated. It's a gem.

It might be nice to have a proper GEM forum which only concerns the <50 & 20 category. The 100ish are covered without much argumenting as only 5 or so IEMs would come on top democratrically.
The 20ish is another to argue about as new discoveries are regularly found (a moshpit).

"Gems" are a different story when in the >100usd ball park, and often gravitate towared 150,200, 250eu with different opinions as if 50eu were nothing more than pocket change. In context, understandable.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2018 at 6:56 PM Post #13,461 of 31,834
It might be nice to have a proper GEM forum which only concerns the <50 & 20 category. The 100ish are covered without much argumenting as only 5 or so IEMs would come on top. The 20ish is another to argue about as new discoveries are regularly found.

"Gems" are a different story when in the >100usd ball park, and often gravitate towared 150,200, 250eu with different opinions as if 50eu were nothing more than pocket change. In context, understandable.

I know this has been discussed before, and I think it's a great idea.

There are always those looking for extreme budget options (students, etc).

It would also be nice to have a wall of fame, like Tyll maintained. And like Vidal's. Except one on HF.

Oct 3, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #13,462 of 31,834
I know this has been discussed before, and I think it's a great idea.

There are always those looking for extreme budget options (students, etc).

It would also be nice to have a wall of fame, like Tyll maintained. And like Vidal's. Except one on HF.

Good point on the wall of fame: old IEMs fade away rapidly and are rarely used in comparison for the test of time,
With budget into consideration, old timers should be used as benchmarks (classics like gr07) but tinaudio T2 is rarely added to that comparison.

The toneking ninetails were on my list last year as top value, but didn't reappear in consideration until a year later. Now it is compared with new comers of the same brand and competes fairly, if not better. Perspective is a difficult issue in this business.

Oct 4, 2018 at 4:07 AM Post #13,463 of 31,834
For me, KZ ATE (5th gen drivers, same as latest ATR) is still absolute king of low-budget SQ value as it can be had just for 4$ occasionally. Just insane.
And to think that local shops sell utter-crap IEMs for at least twice the price... doesn`t fit in my head, lol.

Oct 4, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #13,464 of 31,834
Guys I haven't stopped listening to the AUDIMI YO2 set i got last week. I'm trying to find an earphone that has he same sized of soundstage and separation. Great cable. Just bought a second pair just in case they go extinct :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07H4KXBFH/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/product-revi...e=UTF8&filterByStar=two_star&showViewpoints=0

If you liked the QKZ QF2 but wanted a pair that had a bit more authority and finesse to the sound you'll love the YO2. I'm hearing instruments at the back of my head with some weight that were previously faded. In fact they both have quite a long nozzle which might account or such depth and air?

I'll admit that sometimes i can get carried away with some new budget sets but these really do need some attention. One of the best tuning of a BA+DD I've come across

SO IT'S THE TRN V20. I'm an idiot for not paying attention.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #13,466 of 31,834
For me, KZ ATE (5th gen drivers, same as latest ATR) is still absolute king of low-budget SQ value as it can be had just for 4$ occasionally. Just insane.
And to think that local shops sell utter-crap IEMs for at least twice the price... doesn`t fit in my head, lol.

Yeah, ATE is fantastic value. I had 2 sets and gave one to a friend who has own radio podcast and DJs and he was over the moon and couldn't believe they pi**ed all over his Beats. I must admit though I always preferred the ATR as it was a bit better behaved and less boomy

Oct 4, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #13,468 of 31,834
Yeah, I might actually change my order on Amazon as i only just placed it. I'll then know for sure.

Just cancelled the AUDIMI and bought the TRN V20 instead and see if they're different when comparing

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #13,469 of 31,834
Yeah, I might actually change my order on Amazon as i only just placed it. I'll then know for sure.

Just cancelled the AUDIMI and bought the TRN V20 instead and see if they're different when comparing

Good idea, you can always return it if it is not the same. I see you could have the gray TRN20 by Sunday:)

Edit: I just compared the specs of the Audimi YO2 and the TRNV20 and they are the same..24ohm impedance etc.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back