CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 8, 2018 at 7:21 AM Post #11,821 of 31,833
Do the betron bs-10s isolate as well as they advertise it does?

Jul 8, 2018 at 7:37 AM Post #11,822 of 31,833
The Betron BS-10 is so good I bought a back up pair in black, my original ones are white
its sad that these are available only on amazon here in india they cost 2913 INR
which is approximately 42$
i wanted to try these out :frowning2:

Jul 8, 2018 at 10:13 AM Post #11,823 of 31,833
I understand, so how much of a comfort difference is there a big one? And how light is the bass, is it as light as the etymotic er4? BEcause i find that one quit light on bass.

comparing the ER4XR to the B5+, the B5 is bassier and have fatter overall tone, but still commendably clear in details

a development from my short impression that i wrote on another thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chi...hones-and-iems.820747/page-1092#post-14341964

i swapped the stock cables with a balanced one and use ortofon tips on them. to be truthful, the first couple of days i got it i was disappointed, because the sound has a splashy, unnatural low bitrate feel to them, especially on mids and cymbals, while frustratingly clear and detailed.. it makes me think there's something wrong with my unit (because reading other reviews, no one mention this problem). so in a last ditch effort, i put them playing all night with a bit louder volume than i use listen, but not too loud).

and the weird splashy cymbals are gone...

I'm not an advocate of burn in school especially with BA drivers, but there's definitely changes.
and I'm sure this is not brain burn in, because i didn't listen to them at all while it was burned (because i can't stand the splashy cymbals sound) , and every time i listened to it i always use other earphones as benchmark.
I'm glad i took more time with it. for the price i got more than i paid.

Jul 8, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #11,824 of 31,833
comparing the ER4XR to the B5+, the B5 is bassier and have fatter overall tone, but still commendably clear in details

a development from my short impression that i wrote on another thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chi...hones-and-iems.820747/page-1092#post-14341964

i swapped the stock cables with a balanced one and use ortofon tips on them. to be truthful, the first couple of days i got it i was disappointed, because the sound has a splashy, unnatural low bitrate feel to them, especially on mids and cymbals, while frustratingly clear and detailed.. it makes me think there's something wrong with my unit (because reading other reviews, no one mention this problem). so in a last ditch effort, i put them playing all night with a bit louder volume than i use listen, but not too loud).

and the weird splashy cymbals are gone...

I'm not an advocate of burn in school especially with BA drivers, but there's definitely changes.
and I'm sure this is not brain burn in, because i didn't listen to them at all while it was burned (because i can't stand the splashy cymbals sound) , and every time i listened to it i always use other earphones as benchmark.
I'm glad i took more time with it. for the price i got more than i paid.

NICE that sounds like a iem to me, but yeah burn in can make a difference somehow sometimes its suprising sometimes.

Jul 8, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #11,825 of 31,833
Do the betron bs-10s isolate as well as they advertise it does?

When you say isolate are you talking sound leaking in from the environment, or sound leaking out and bothering others around you?

Jul 8, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #11,829 of 31,833
lol is not love is passion :)
good luck for the croatia..us is tuesday:wink:

The word you may be looking for is "obsession" :)

...or addiction.

Jul 9, 2018 at 6:59 AM Post #11,831 of 31,833
When you say isolate are you talking sound leaking in from the environment, or sound leaking out and bothering others around you?
Sound leaking in from the environment.

On the amazon page they describe it as:
"Noise Isolation technology keeps it personal- it’s just you and the music. There’s no need to take measures to drown out outside noise; the BS10 earphones have you covered."

Jul 9, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #11,832 of 31,833

"Noise Isolation technology keeps it personal- it’s just you and the music. There’s no need to take measures to drown out outside noise; the BS10 earphones have you covered."

They have a vent, most vented IEMs have less isolation, than something like Etymtoic or any all-ba setup, where there are no holes in the IEM shell to allow for sound to pass through

Even something cheapish like Westone UM1 should do you wonders when it comes to sound leakege if that's the first thing you need from them

Jul 9, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #11,833 of 31,833

Well, here’s the deal. They have an oval nozzle and a shallow fit that will fit some better than others. Because of the shallow fit, I switched to Auvios instead of the stock tips. The Auvios are a little longer than the stock tips. But even then, they are not a super deep fit (at least in me). They seal awesome on the right side but just barely on the left side. And as you know, seal affects isolation.

So for me (which may be totally different than someone else), if I have no music playing I can hear outside environmental noises fine. Compare that with something like the KZ ZS3 or some other IEMs, that may as well be earplugs in your ears with no music playing.

However, with music playing (even at a low volume), it drowns out the outside noises.

So, would I hear road worker that was using a jackhammer to break up the road 10 feet away (and I was listening to music at a normal volume)? Absolutely.

If someone else in my relatively quiet house was watching TV in the same room (and I was listening to music), would I hear that? No.

Would I use these to mow the lawn? Nope.

But on you they could be totally different.

I wouldn’t buy them or not buy them based on isolation. I would buy them for the great sound for a cheap price.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #11,834 of 31,833
I wish to post a review for Hisenior B5+, since I have already used them for a week.

MMCX connectors sit tight, not a chance to accidentally loose them. They can make circles like they should.

There are several types of eartips in the package. Foam ones - look good, they have a silicone sound channel core. But I am really not into foams. The other 2 types - long with the narrowed tip. And basic, short with wide tip. I am not completely sure what I like most, they sit good in the year. Feels like narrow tip is bad for bass though.

The nozzle of the Hisenior B5+ have 2 sound paths. One from a group of 4 BAs and another goes from a single BA.

Ergonomics is good. They sit tight. The general form they are using is quite good, falls right in the ear.
The over-the-ear cable is very unusual for me and I don't like it. Its slow to equip. But I understand why its used here. Its comfortable once you put them in.

Cable. As for me, its great! May be its not the coolest cable around, but definitely the best one I have held
in my hands. Should live long. Downside is a 3.5 mm jack. Its very big, very long. Would prefer something smaller and L-shaped in my jeans pockets.

Looks. I have the most basic transparent variant. It looks good anyway, will look very distinctive in the crowd. No Hisenior logo, havev they forgot it or they don't brand the basic models?

The sound. The whole point of the purchase. Sound is perfrect. There is no wow-effect, and may be an ordinary buyer won't even get it. But those "wow superb" effects are usually made by distorting the sound to make it over-bright in some area. Hisenior B5+ are crystal clear and quite flat. Although some people say they are more on the warm side, ut I am really not sure. The sound is fast, lucid, correct. High-freq has no sibilants and is not overshadowed by anything. Low-freq are not for bassheads of course. They are here, they have the same response speed as the other frequencies, they do have a punch. But bass is not so deep and anything but overwhelming. Bass played by BA, as expected. Middles are simply perfect. Its one of the selling points for BA. Guitars and vocal sound great. Also, they are 100% coherent and you have no risk of having the sound falling apart at fast tracks where much is going on around the crossover point between dynamic and BA. Disclamer: I have no hybrids to test for this possible situation, I have only read of this possibility.

Frequency response sounds like neutral, but on the warmer side. I have no equipment to test it properly, so I won't even try to go in details.

All in all, I was hoping for a pure BA IEM, that would have good enough bass, that will add substance to middle freq., and where high-freq will have no "sand" in them. I have received exactly this. I don't know and I will probably never know, if I could make a better choice. I have nothing to compare them to. The shops at my city won't allow to listen before purchase, so no way to know. But I really love Hisenior B5+ and I guess I can call it a good purchase and a successful end of search.

Photos are here: https://imgur.com/a/Gzif5oQ

P.S. A tribute to Prology PL160. My 1st BA headphones. I got them for dirt cheap 10 USD at a commission store (damaged package), when most BA IEM were at least 100 USD or so. They have replaced my nearly dead Philips IEM. While bass was heavily lacking and treble was quite distorted, they were still sounding amazing, clear in details, never going muddy. After that I understood I love BAs. Prology PL160 have served me well for 3 years, cable isolation is broken in several places, connector have lost its plastic covering, but they are still working as intended. A nice piece of electronic.

P.P.S. I listen to Metal genres, especially like Technical Death Metal, Progressive, Avant-garde metal, and the mixes, like symphonic too. Speed is something very much needed for the genres, or you get a muddy soup of 2 guitars, drums, 1-2 vocals, bass and what other instruments included. The examples of the music I listen are:
- some nice ultra-agressive Grindcore.
- some crazy speeds.
- how will all the guitar solos sound?
- avant-garde at its finest.
-Arjen Lucassen is a genius. Also, a different sound.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #11,835 of 31,833
Well, here’s the deal. They have an oval nozzle and a shallow fit that will fit some better than others. Because of the shallow fit, I switched to Auvios instead of the stock tips. The Auvios are a little longer than the stock tips. But even then, they are not a super deep fit (at least in me). They seal awesome on the right side but just barely on the left side. And as you know, seal affects isolation.

So for me (which may be totally different than someone else), if I have no music playing I can hear outside environmental noises fine. Compare that with something like the KZ ZS3 or some other IEMs, that may as well be earplugs in your ears with no music playing.

However, with music playing (even at a low volume), it drowns out the outside noises.

So, would I hear road worker was using a jackhammer to break up the road 10 feet away (and I was listening to music at a normal volume)? Absolutely.

If someone else in my relatively quiet house was watching TV in the same room (and I was listening to music), would I hear that? No.

Would I use these to mow the lawn? Nope.

But on you they could be totally different.

I wouldn’t buy them or not buy them based on isolation. I would buy them for the great sound for a cheap price.
Yeah, wasn't expecting too much for the price but was keeping an open mind :) Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back