CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 9, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #11,836 of 31,833
Jul 9, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #11,838 of 31,833
Yeah, wasn't expecting too much for the price but was keeping an open mind :) Thanks

No problem.

I’m glad I own them, and have been using them a lot lately even though I have much more expensive IEMs available. Well worth what I paid for them.

Jul 9, 2018 at 7:35 PM Post #11,839 of 31,833
And the Kinera H3/IDUN, HiFi Boy OS V3, and a million other earphones. Pretty generic shell.

I was referring to the circuit board layout and drivers. The resistors are in the same positions with the same nominal values and the etching on the board is a match. But yeah, the shells kind of look alike too.

Jul 10, 2018 at 3:22 AM Post #11,843 of 31,833
I wish to post a review for Hisenior B5+, since I have already used them for a week.

MMCX connectors sit tight, not a chance to accidentally loose them. They can make circles like they should.

There are several types of eartips in the package. Foam ones - look good, they have a silicone sound channel core. But I am really not into foams. The other 2 types - long with the narrowed tip. And basic, short with wide tip. I am not completely sure what I like most, they sit good in the year. Feels like narrow tip is bad for bass though.

The nozzle of the Hisenior B5+ have 2 sound paths. One from a group of 4 BAs and another goes from a single BA.

Ergonomics is good. They sit tight. The general form they are using is quite good, falls right in the ear.
The over-the-ear cable is very unusual for me and I don't like it. Its slow to equip. But I understand why its used here. Its comfortable once you put them in.

Cable. As for me, its great! May be its not the coolest cable around, but definitely the best one I have held
in my hands. Should live long. Downside is a 3.5 mm jack. Its very big, very long. Would prefer something smaller and L-shaped in my jeans pockets.

Looks. I have the most basic transparent variant. It looks good anyway, will look very distinctive in the crowd. No Hisenior logo, havev they forgot it or they don't brand the basic models?

The sound. The whole point of the purchase. Sound is perfrect. There is no wow-effect, and may be an ordinary buyer won't even get it. But those "wow superb" effects are usually made by distorting the sound to make it over-bright in some area. Hisenior B5+ are crystal clear and quite flat. Although some people say they are more on the warm side, ut I am really not sure. The sound is fast, lucid, correct. High-freq has no sibilants and is not overshadowed by anything. Low-freq are not for bassheads of course. They are here, they have the same response speed as the other frequencies, they do have a punch. But bass is not so deep and anything but overwhelming. Bass played by BA, as expected. Middles are simply perfect. Its one of the selling points for BA. Guitars and vocal sound great. Also, they are 100% coherent and you have no risk of having the sound falling apart at fast tracks where much is going on around the crossover point between dynamic and BA. Disclamer: I have no hybrids to test for this possible situation, I have only read of this possibility.

Frequency response sounds like neutral, but on the warmer side. I have no equipment to test it properly, so I won't even try to go in details.

All in all, I was hoping for a pure BA IEM, that would have good enough bass, that will add substance to middle freq., and where high-freq will have no "sand" in them. I have received exactly this. I don't know and I will probably never know, if I could make a better choice. I have nothing to compare them to. The shops at my city won't allow to listen before purchase, so no way to know. But I really love Hisenior B5+ and I guess I can call it a good purchase and a successful end of search.

Photos are here: https://imgur.com/a/Gzif5oQ

P.S. A tribute to Prology PL160. My 1st BA headphones. I got them for dirt cheap 10 USD at a commission store (damaged package), when most BA IEM were at least 100 USD or so. They have replaced my nearly dead Philips IEM. While bass was heavily lacking and treble was quite distorted, they were still sounding amazing, clear in details, never going muddy. After that I understood I love BAs. Prology PL160 have served me well for 3 years, cable isolation is broken in several places, connector have lost its plastic covering, but they are still working as intended. A nice piece of electronic.

P.P.S. I listen to Metal genres, especially like Technical Death Metal, Progressive, Avant-garde metal, and the mixes, like symphonic too. Speed is something very much needed for the genres, or you get a muddy soup of 2 guitars, drums, 1-2 vocals, bass and what other instruments included. The examples of the music I listen are:
- some nice ultra-agressive Grindcore.
- some crazy speeds.
- how will all the guitar solos sound?
- avant-garde at its finest.
-Arjen Lucassen is a genius. Also, a different sound.

Starting to collect money... -.-

One question though - how about nozzle tip holding? Do they come off easily? Any problems?

Jul 10, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #11,847 of 31,833
Any recommendations for BT headphones. I would like something with just the cable, but without the hard circle. I prefer iem where cable goes over the ear, but no problem with either. Currently I have vsds5s and I would like something similar sounding, but this is not requirement. Would be used at work and during some workout.

I seen some KZ mentioned here, but there is so many of them that I'm lost. Or maybe there is something better. Thanks.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #11,848 of 31,833
Any recommendations for BT headphones. I would like something with just the cable, but the hard circle. I prefer iem where cable goes over the ear, but no problem with either. Currently I have vsds5s and I would like something similar sounding, but this is not requirement. Would be used at work and during some workout.

I seen some KZ mentioned here, but there is so many of them that I'm lost. Or maybe there is something better. Thanks.

What do you mean by "hard circle"?

Do you mean neck band (like this):

bluetooth_neckband.jpg

Jul 10, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #11,850 of 31,833
waiting for trn v80's first impressions hope it turns out like v20

Users who are viewing this thread

Back