CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 22, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #5,356 of 31,867
I use RHA silicone tips on my T2's

Some put silicone in there body, other just in the ears without chirurgy hehe
T2 shine with large one and the one I show do not slip too easily, wich the one include does with my ears.
really dig the sound of T2, you got it right another time Panda!

Z5000 are a little less bassy but bass is more controled and thick, attack is great, really a unique beast, but not in a strange way, quite organic in fact. Really really dig them as well. There not treble peak, wich can occur time to time with T2, but not in a invasive way. Sound of Z5000 is a panorama and T2 a hall (not a cavern). Think they will be interesting to compare. Oh, and yeah, T2 kick ass of Tennmark Pro double DD, yep, details retreival as well as bass presentation and air between instumentation is better, comfort, not sure, but what a deal for 33$....jsut the cable worth like 20$, I buy one from AKaudio that is cheaper and cost more...and i een think the one of T2 have more cores.

Dec 22, 2017 at 9:16 PM Post #5,357 of 31,867
Yes, definitely not a Tin sound! :wink:
I agree with you on foams narrowing a bit of the soundstage, but unfortunately out of the 100 or so silicone tips I have now accumulated over the years, I have never found a silicone tip that works in my ears.. They always lose the seal in my left ear.
Even if I make them into a hybrid tip (stuffed with memory foam) they still slowly slip out throughout the day..
Also, I mostly use my earphones while I'm building guitars in my shop all day, so the foam tips help isolate the LOUD power tools I work with.
Anyway I have yet to try the Spiral Dots so maybe they'll be different.. I'll order some eventually...

Also: my Ibasso DAP is the DX50.. I love it! :)

Nice DAP for sure (barely buy a used one lately), got hes cousin, the DX90:wink: Make 3 years and still work as a champion! T2 are Surely a good duo with the DX50, perhaps even better than with the Dx90 (wich excell with warmer IEM).
Oh, and this crazy tips that just wanna escapte your ears, know this too, was think I was anormal, cool to know other people got this allergic reaction too hehe Its one on 20 pairs that work, and it need to be big....should make a tips donation.
Yeah, that the wiser choice to use memory tips, it really block noise well, use with some like the PMV A01 MK2, cause its the only way they stay in my ears. Custome with foam can be very effective to block noise, supreme is CIEM form to your ears, it make you joyfully deaf about everything but music (but it cost alot too), resin shell in unviersal custom are excellent too. Anything but earbud in a power tool shop!

Dec 22, 2017 at 9:25 PM Post #5,358 of 31,867
My Tin Audio T2 has arrived today! :)
I've been listening to them for a few hours and I am really digging these..

So far, it's the ONLY earphone I have (Including my LZ A4) that I find no need to EQ.

New impressions of course, but when I do add EQ, they seem to not do as well as my hybrids do.
I seem to notice just a tiny bit of added distortion when I add too much EQ (like anything above 4db of any frequency)..
But again, I see no real need for EQ, even though I am admittedly an EQ lover.

Soundstage is pretty good as well on the T2..I would like a bit wider stage but that said the T2 still has a nice "intimate" stage.
Isolation (with the included blue foams) is good enough that I would use most of my power tools around them.

Also I find them comfortable.. Probably similar comfort as my LZ Z03A.

I put the included Blue foams on backwards just like @oyobass does, as a result the front vents get plugged and the bass quantity is pretty potent! (I like this though! :) )
With the vents plugged by the backwards tips, there's no driver flex upon insertion (so far) but I believe this is because I pinch/roll the foams quite thinly before I insert them..

Build quality is excellent!
The included cable is pretty nice too.
I work with carbon fiber all the time and I can definitely say the carbon fiber on the jack is real.
You can tell it's the real stuff by the 3D effect when you move it in the light.

Anyway, I bought these mainly because @B9Scrambler 's reviews and praise along with others on here, so I have to say my ears seem to agree with yours!
So BIG THANKS to every one that posted about them (especially B9Scrambler) your impressions have been very accurate so far. :)

I also wanted to give a shout-out to Penon Audio.They are by far, the best Asian earphone store (or seller) I have ever dealt with.
Those are sweet looking IEMs, especially with the blue eartips.

Dec 22, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #5,359 of 31,867
I just can't seem to take these T2 out of my ears!
Really enjoying them guys! :)
I have my DAP on random play; and trust me when I say that I listen to a HUGE variety of music, classical, metal, progressive rock, jazz, fusion, electronica, classic rock, country, lots of instrumental guitar stuff, etc etc...So far -every- piece of music (even the bad recordings) sound good on the Tin Audio T2..
I can tell these will be my go to "workhorse earphone" for long listening sessions while building guitars all day. :)

Anyone notice if they get better with burn-in?? If so, how long on average, and what can I expect??

Dec 22, 2017 at 9:31 PM Post #5,360 of 31,867
Those are sweet looking IEMs, especially with the blue eartips.
Yeah man, you should give them a try (if you are into neutral type signatures). :)

Hey, I wanted to say thank you on the KZ thread for the strange but effective idea of reversing the foams.. They are a bit weird looking for sure!
But, they do work quite well, if you have a weird ear(s) like I do, where the earphone slowly slips out throughout the day.

Dec 22, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #5,361 of 31,867
Just another update on the **** 4in1 again. The upper region is really sweet, the way it handles the extension and resonance of those instruments is crazy. Sampled 'your love so good i can taste it - barry white' and boy, i can only tell u i totally enjoyed the triangles (yes, focking triangles) in the intro. The percussions afterwards? Eargasm, coupled with the deep voice (ok i must say it lacks the midbass or whatever its called that makes barry's voice so sexy), its really the thing man.

If only i had this last year, i would probably do away with a couple of other earphones. And with the tennmak, there is some tear in the later part of the song where barry stretches his voice (your love~ part). Its probably due to too much midbass which shakes the drivers too much.

God, like @Nymphonomaniac is crazy over the Zhiyin, and @AudioObsession over the T2, here i am with the ****. X'mas came early for us this year!

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2017 at 10:40 PM Post #5,362 of 31,867
Just another update on the **** 4in1 again. The upper region is really sweet, the way it handles the extension and resonance of those instruments is crazy. Sampled 'your love so good i can taste it - barry white' and boy, i can only tell u i totally enjoyed the triangles (yes, focking triangles) in the intro. The percussions afterwards? Eargasm, coupled with the deep voice (ok i must say it lacks the midbass or whatever its called that makes barry's voice so sexy), its really the thing man.

If only i had this last year, i would probably do away with a couple of other earphones. And with the tennmak, there is some tear in the later part of the song where barry stretches his voice (your love~ part). Its probably due to too much midbass which shakes the drivers too much.

God, like @Nymphonomaniac is crazy over the Zhiyin, and @AudioObsession over the T2, here i am with the ****. X'mas came early for us this year!

HAHA! Yeah! What happen here!
200w.gif

Still have the Zhiyin in ears....but read about T2 and im like oh....should I?, after the **** 4in1 joy came in and oh yeah I say i must try, should I?...euh!
200.gif

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #5,363 of 31,867
HAHA! Yeah! What happen here!
200w.gif

Still have the Zhiyin in ears....but read about T2 and im like oh....should I?, after the **** 4in1 joy came in and oh yeah I say i must try, should I?...euh!
200.gif

fest.jpg

Dec 23, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #5,364 of 31,867
My Tin Audio T2 has arrived today! :)
I've been listening to them for a few hours and I am really digging these..

So far, it's the ONLY earphone I have (Including my LZ A4) that I find no need to EQ.

New impressions of course, but when I do add EQ, they seem to not do as well as my hybrids do.
I seem to notice just a tiny bit of added distortion when I add too much EQ (like anything above 4db of any frequency)..
But again, I see no real need for EQ, even though I am admittedly an EQ lover.

Soundstage is pretty good as well on the T2..I would like a bit wider stage but that said the T2 still has a nice "intimate" stage.
Isolation (with the included blue foams) is good enough that I would use most of my power tools around them.

Also I find them comfortable.. Probably similar comfort as my LZ Z03A.

I put the included Blue foams on backwards just like @oyobass does, as a result the front vents get plugged and the bass quantity is pretty potent! (I like this though! :) )
With the vents plugged by the backwards tips, there's no driver flex upon insertion (so far) but I believe this is because I pinch/roll the foams quite thinly before I insert them..

Build quality is excellent!
The included cable is pretty nice too.
I work with carbon fiber all the time and I can definitely say the carbon fiber on the jack is real.
You can tell it's the real stuff by the 3D effect when you move it in the light.

Anyway, I bought these mainly because @B9Scrambler 's reviews and praise along with others on here, so I have to say my ears seem to agree with yours!
So BIG THANKS to every one that posted about them (especially B9Scrambler) your impressions have been very accurate so far. :)

I also wanted to give a shout-out to Penon Audio.They are by far, the best Asian earphone store (or seller) I have ever dealt with.
They're definitely a keeper!....try to burn them in for about 100 hours and you'll start to hear the soundstage open up even wider with cleaner details, even micro-details are noticeable. Cheers!

Dec 23, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #5,365 of 31,867
I just can't seem to take these T2 out of my ears!
Really enjoying them guys! :)
I have my DAP on random play; and trust me when I say that I listen to a HUGE variety of music, classical, metal, progressive rock, jazz, fusion, electronica, classic rock, country, lots of instrumental guitar stuff, etc etc...So far -every- piece of music (even the bad recordings) sound good on the Tin Audio T2..
I can tell these will be my go to "workhorse earphone" for long listening sessions while building guitars all day. :)

Anyone notice if they get better with burn-in?? If so, how long on average, and what can I expect??
Try up to 100 hours to hear the difference -wider soundstage, cleaner and clearer vocals, details and micro-details starts to definitely show their strength. These are also some of the best to listen to with guitars and other string instruments.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2017 at 11:31 PM Post #5,366 of 31,867
Try up to 100 hours to hear the difference
I simply don't believe that. Did you compare your "burnt-in" pair with a new pair - before and after? Or does your comparison rely on memory only?
What I do "believe" is that a few mins make all the difference to get the moveable parts "broken in".

As to the T2s, I find them superb - even without anything "burning".

Dec 24, 2017 at 6:13 AM Post #5,368 of 31,867
About the T2, I am seriously thinking of getting it. I'm primarily interested in it because its a double DD IEM, and I've generally found DD's more to my liking than BAs. I've tried the few very budget KZ DD models, but would like to hear a more premium one in my collection. Hence, T2.

However...

There's the T515 model, also from Tinaudio. The reviews for it are mostly stellar, and the T515 is about $30 cheaper. Now, build quality and design aside, does the T2 offer that much of a sound upgrade over the T515? I don't mean in the sense is it 2.5 times better, because I know it's not, but does the overall sound-experience warrant the increased price? I also have the PMV A-01 Mk. II, my main IEM at the moment. Can someone make brief comparison on the differences of the their sound signatures?

Dec 24, 2017 at 6:40 AM Post #5,369 of 31,867
Hello guys
Sorry to interrupt the convo, but i've been away in the military for a little while, hence not enough time to spend on the internet. Anyways, last time i checked the best sub 35-40$ aliexpress iems were the tennmak pro or piano,would that still be the case? My sound signature preference is balanced, leaning slightly towards bass without loosing detail in the mids, and just enough warmth that they dont sound too analytical and sterile. Any help? thanks in advance!!

Dec 24, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #5,370 of 31,867
I simply don't believe that. Did you compare your "burnt-in" pair with a new pair - before and after? Or does your comparison rely on memory only?
What I do "believe" is that a few mins make all the difference to get the moveable parts "broken in".

As to the T2s, I find them superb - even without anything "burning".
True, they sound pretty amazing coming out the box, but I do consistent comparisons after burning them in by looping the music for at least 4 days, then compare them to other current ones that I own and listen to on a daily basis; for example, ZS5 and T2 currently compared before and after 100 hours of playtime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back