CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 21, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #5,326 of 31,833
Any toughs about canceling noise earphones and if it really affect soundquality for the worst???

A sound engineer once wrote that no nc headphone sounds realistic. To me, anything with a battery is a no-go as long as the battery cannot be easily replaced...because otherwise you can throw out your device after a few years. Out of all my nc headphones/earphones, only the Bose Q315 [2010 model] work well on filtering low frequency noise. I use them mainly without listening to music in my office or library to filter out background noise.

I own the Xiaomi dual and triple drivers and am not impressed at all. Somehow, there are 50 cents missing to the dollar.

Adding two and two, I am not overly interested in buying the Xiaomis.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #5,327 of 31,833
A sound engineer once wrote that no nc headphone sounds realistic. To me, anything with a battery is a no-go as long as the battery can be easily replaced...because otherwise you can throw out your device after a few years. Out of all my nc headphones/earphones, only the Bose Q315 [2010 model] work well on filtering low frequency noise. I use them mainly without listening to music in my office or library to filter out background noise.

I own the Xiaomi dual and triple drivers and am not impressed at all. Somehow, there are 50 cents missing to the dollar.

Adding two and two, I am not overly interested in buying the Xiaomis.

Wise toughs.
I like the Xiaomi Hybrid PRO, especially since I block front vent, but they are not a favorite of mine so did not use them often.

For NC, well, this is what I was thinking as well, because it create some kind of frequencies to block other one, wich s way less interesting than passive noise blocking, some IEM really block all the noise once music begin. I guess it could be more interesting for earbuds in fact.

Anyway, as you (it look like) I only test very old models of NC, so, can't really have an objective opinion here:shrug:

Dec 21, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #5,328 of 31,833
Hum.....Xiaomi lauch a canceling noise triple drivers hybrid.... Not very a fan of noise reduction but I just try old crap that really sound bad, must admit it can be usefull here in noisy montreal.

Any toughs about canceling noise earphones and if it really affect soundquality for the worst???

Fall on it at gearbest, think its quite new:

1513127163849162564.jpg

Hi @Nymphonomaniac

OFF TOPIC:

I see in your signature that you have both isk 2010 and superlux 668b

Do you find that the isk sound in a different league than superlux ? Is It upgrade sound wise, How about confort ?

Dec 21, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #5,330 of 31,833
Dec 21, 2017 at 8:00 PM Post #5,331 of 31,833
Just a quick update on the **** 4in1. And the story behind these. I got them during the 11.11 sale on AE last year, together with the tennmak pro and ootb i thought the TMP was better (the punchy sound sig just sound better ootb). So i asked my gf to choose one of them and she chose the 4in1 as during that time, she had a colleague who talks alot and wants to isolate the noise lol.

Fast forward to 2 days ago, i got them and used the stock tips which makes the sound abit less engaging than the MEMT X5, but after changing to the KZ star tips, boy its a different beast. The clarity and details on the upper range is UNREAL, its much better than my beloved Senzer H1 that i sold awhile ago after finding them too sharp to my liking. This thing just handles trebles much better, the smoothness in the vocals and the cymbals is crazy crap (Shaft - Isaac Hayes). The smoothness in the upper spectrum is just great, probably the best i have heard out of all things i have, hands down.

Havent really tried the lower regions, but it has less punch than the TMP for sure. It habdled the bassline on Shaft pretty well, but its not bass heavy per se. The reason i didnt tried more songs was that i've got this song on repeat (Take it slow by Estrella the live on weeknd version). Shall post more in awhile!

Dec 21, 2017 at 10:09 PM Post #5,332 of 31,833
Hi @Nymphonomaniac

OFF TOPIC:

I see in your signature that you have both isk 2010 and superlux 668b

Do you find that the isk sound in a different league than superlux ? Is It upgrade sound wise, How about confort ?

It is a little upgrade regarding sound, but soundsignature is so different that firstly I was going to say the ISK are from another league.
I still adore my 668B, they are my favorite among 4 Superlux I own. I being modding 668B, not finish with that, but its very mod friendly the Superlux as well. For ISK, sound is warmer, more airy and musical, more forgiving as well, and way more comfy, construction is better in all aspect, and mids are better with 2010 too, no need to say I prefer 2010, and must admit Superlux take dust since I receive them 4 months ago....they can be found very cheap on Ali. If you wanna a close headphone 2011 have the same driver but closed aspect make them more bassy, did not try them but I feel 2010 are enough bassy for me, not ultra tigh, but vast extensive bass, all the sound is very enveloping and they benifit from a little amping too.

Dec 21, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #5,333 of 31,833
Just a quick update on the **** 4in1. And the story behind these. I got them during the 11.11 sale on AE last year, together with the tennmak pro and ootb i thought the TMP was better (the punchy sound sig just sound better ootb). So i asked my gf to choose one of them and she chose the 4in1 as during that time, she had a colleague who talks alot and wants to isolate the noise lol.

Fast forward to 2 days ago, i got them and used the stock tips which makes the sound abit less engaging than the MEMT X5, but after changing to the KZ star tips, boy its a different beast. The clarity and details on the upper range is UNREAL, its much better than my beloved Senzer H1 that i sold awhile ago after finding them too sharp to my liking. This thing just handles trebles much better, the smoothness in the vocals and the cymbals is crazy **** (Shaft - Isaac Hayes). The smoothness in the upper spectrum is just great, probably the best i have heard out of all things i have, hands down.

Havent really tried the lower regions, but it has less punch than the TMP for sure. It habdled the bassline on Shaft pretty well, but its not bass heavy per se. The reason i didnt tried more songs was that i've got this song on repeat (Take it slow by Estrella the live on weeknd version). Shall post more in awhile!

Please DO.

4in1 should be praised more. Me and Hungry Panda feel lonely about that sometime hehe

Audiobudget like them alot as well, he describe it as warm and bright at the same time haha, kind of true cause warm=dynamic driver and bright=balanced armature, and if we mix both=smooooooooooooth!:wink:

Can you share a pic of the tips???? 4in1 dont like memory foam tips IMO

Dec 21, 2017 at 11:54 PM Post #5,334 of 31,833
Please DO.

4in1 should be praised more. Me and Hungry Panda feel lonely about that sometime hehe

Audiobudget like them alot as well, he describe it as warm and bright at the same time haha, kind of true cause warm=dynamic driver and bright=balanced armature, and if we mix both=smooooooooooooth!:wink:

I also bought the **** 4in1 last Fall, and they have impressive heft & build quality, for a $29 earphone.
Their sound seems more V-shaped and energetic, than the Tennmak Pro, with its warmer sound and emphasized Mid-Bass.

Dec 22, 2017 at 1:21 AM Post #5,335 of 31,833
It is a little upgrade regarding sound, but soundsignature is so different that firstly I was going to say the ISK are from another league.
I still adore my 668B, they are my favorite among 4 Superlux I own. I being modding 668B, not finish with that, but its very mod friendly the Superlux as well. For ISK, sound is warmer, more airy and musical, more forgiving as well, and way more comfy, construction is better in all aspect, and mids are better with 2010 too, no need to say I prefer 2010, and must admit Superlux take dust since I receive them 4 months ago....they can be found very cheap on Ali. If you wanna a close headphone 2011 have the same driver but closed aspect make them more bassy, did not try them but I feel 2010 are enough bassy for me, not ultra tigh, but vast extensive bass, all the sound is very enveloping and they benifit from a little amping too.
Actually, I own both the 2010 and 2011 and while the 2010 are warm and awesome the 2011 is neutral by signature with plenty of tranparency and clarity, plus the drivers are different. The drivers in the 2010 are 53mm, while the drivers in the 2011 are only 50mm. ...Yea, true! One would expect them to carry more weight in bass, since it's closed configuration, but the set-up inside the housing makes them completely neutral.

Dec 22, 2017 at 2:10 AM Post #5,336 of 31,833
I'm excited about my latest discovery, the REZ D05 for lying in bed. When I got them I was surprised at the sound which would rival the best of my collection, and they were only $5. I made 2 mods. After trying out a boatload of tips I settled on the New Bee silicones. I also taped over the vent holes, which resulted in improved bass. These are small and quite comfortable. Most earphones have noticeably more bass in the ear that's against the pillow, but with these I'm getting the lows and highs in both ears and no EQ is needed!

Dec 22, 2017 at 6:02 AM Post #5,337 of 31,833
Actually, I own both the 2010 and 2011 and while the 2010 are warm and awesome the 2011 is neutral by signature with plenty of tranparency and clarity, plus the drivers are different. The drivers in the 2010 are 53mm, while the drivers in the 2011 are only 50mm. ...Yea, true! One would expect them to carry more weight in bass, since it's closed configuration, but the set-up inside the housing makes them completely neutral.
Yeap for some reason they sound very neutral which idk why. However in my arsenal it has the greatest details by a fair margin. Imaging is also really good! I dont have any totl headphones but i am satisfied considering i paid less than 50bucks for it

Dec 22, 2017 at 6:03 AM Post #5,338 of 31,833
Please DO.

The link to the store i bought doesnt work anymore but these are the tips

NICEHCK 3 Pairs(6pcs) L M S In Ear Original KZ Tips Earbuds Earphone Silicone Eartips/Ear Sleeve/Ear Tip/Earbuds For KZ Earphone
http://s.aliexpress.com/2aEzmim6?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard
(from AliExpress Android)

Dec 22, 2017 at 6:50 AM Post #5,339 of 31,833
Please DO.

Yeap for some reason they sound very neutral which idk why. However in my arsenal it has the greatest details by a fair margin. Imaging is also really good! I dont have any totl headphones but i am satisfied considering i paid less than 50bucks for it

Thx guys, since i alredy have a open back 668 superlux. Maybe the closed isk 2011 are more interesting. But actually what cought my attention was isk hd8500. They have removable cable and some bigger pads that seems confortable. Are also Brown and Black. Only remains to know if they have the same driver and tuning than isk 2011

Dec 22, 2017 at 8:11 AM Post #5,340 of 31,833

Well well, don't tell me more....I will want them....was thinking from a graphic I see that they use same driver...neutral and clarity, quite a different soundsig for sure! Are they bright or have hint of harshness??? Oh, and did they have this 3M long cable too, cause i'm not a recabler (i wish). IS a a fun neutral type or studio like neutral type if we can say that???

These last days the HF2010 take the back seat, because I just receive the takstar PRO82 wich are closed and very portable and comfy. Its like the opposite of the ISK. Fowards and detailed with a punchy grado like bass but that go deeper, mids are clear but not wide or upfront, still, not bass bleed here,except if you put max gain bass port, but comparatively to another headfier that suggest me these,I do not feel its unlistenable time to time to have some boomy in da mix. Otherwise we are in a more neutral sound with a little bass push so it give energy to music. Anyway, HF2010 will not be forget....not sure about that for the Bossfi B7 a receive 3 weeks ago, do a mod that make them sound less harsh and boomy, but was still using 2010 way more cause sounstage have way more deepness IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back