CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 20, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #5,311 of 31,833
There is a link at the base of my posts. If you refer to source, I use mainly iPhone 5S with or without audioquest dragonfly.

As to the Portapros and comparable gear. My friend borrowed my stuff, tested it, and wrote it up here:
https://goo.gl/hr9x3c

Those AKGs mentioned are interesting: lots of oomph, zero soundstage, excellent fit. A crowded orchestra but a great "London Calling" by the Clash.

Very interesting, will read that for sure....was eying the YAMAHA RH5MA.....got quite a persistant fan base. But, the Takstar PRO82 I just receive will perhaps calm my need about portable headphone. First impression is very very promising. Treble extension is great, detail and bass too. So comfy too. But can't talk more, just listen to electro (M.E.S.H & Beatrice Dillon) right now.

Hum, for your source....well, I guess I will not begin talking about how I hate Iphone. Your a courageous man Otto hehe especially if you plan getting new Iphone without line out (audioquest look quite okay tough).

Dec 20, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #5,312 of 31,833
@Nymphonomaniac dont wait bro, take the plunge xD

Anw i have gotten the **** 4in1 back from my gf (as she didnt use it at all for like 10mths or so). When she's out of town next week i will give it a good listen. However from the short use i have today, the soundstage is decent but imaging is not as good as the MEMT X5. Shall see in the next few days.

Well, hehe, im not in a guinea pigs race, even if I love PMV brand...look like Zlivan will be the ONE! Will wait for his impressions to know if I buy them:wink:
PMV have 2 IEM and 1 very sexy looking earbud.
Earbud PMV B01 Been review there:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/pmv-b01-aoede.22436/reviews

Dec 20, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #5,313 of 31,833
Dec 20, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #5,314 of 31,833
Oh.....was sure to receive my HCK order when postal man hit my door....but when I have the package in hands was like: too light.
Open it and it was the TAKSTAR PRO82!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just make fiw minutes I got them. Already can say they DON NOT sound bad at ALL. Are ultra comfy and light weight: very portable. Quite surprise about that too...
But its not finish yet, it have a 3 port bass gain...wich change FOR REAL soundsignature from neutral to boomy. What a great idea!

MAN. Will came back with more impressions. But its not a deception like Bossfi B7. Thanks GOD.
I just whipped my Philips SHP9500S out - similar price. Last year's Christmas present to myself. These are outstanding - and on sale.
https://goo.gl/RPs5fe

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #5,315 of 31,833
Sounds like I'd hate them, overblown bass is not my thing and the small soundstage doesn't appeal either.

I have the LKER i8´s and overblown bass is a bit of an exaggeration, yes there is bass but it doesn´t get in the way of the music, if there´s any excess it´s in the highs / treble although as a plus the clarity and detail that brings is impressive albeit a bit fatiguing for me in the long run or at loud volumes. If you don´t crank them they´ll reward you with excellent vocal reproduction and microscopic detail, I quite like them and they´re really comfortable too.

Dec 20, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #5,316 of 31,833
I have the LKER i8´s and overblown bass is a bit of an exaggeration, yes there is bass but it doesn´t get in the way of the music, if there´s any excess it´s in the highs / treble although as a plus the clarity and detail that brings is impressive albeit a bit fatiguing for me in the long run or at loud volumes. If you don´t crank them they´ll reward you with excellent vocal reproduction and microscopic detail, I quite like them and they´re really comfortable too.
Interesting. I am very critical because I have a whole bunch of similarly priced earphones which make for a good comparison. For example, I find the cheaper Tin Audio T2 much superior...again, this is subjective. The unfocused bass tuning of the Lker is rather disappointing for me in this price category.

And I also wonder whether we have identically tuned versions. Considering the price differences ranging from $31 to (initially) $64, I wonder whether Lker recently cut corners. In comparison my two SEAHK AWK009 do not sound identical: the golden version is more forward and easier to drive than the black one. And someone mentioned here there are sonic differences between the black ad white Rock Ziron.

It cannot be excluded that we compare apples and oranges.

Dec 20, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #5,317 of 31,833
n comparison my two SEAHK AWK009 do not sound identical: the golden version is more forward and easier to drive than the black one.

Hmmm and I have the red one. I am having more trouble with the cable than anything else. It is so micro phonic that it ruins the music making it difficult for me to tell if they are good or not.

Dec 20, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #5,318 of 31,833
Well, hehe, im not in a guinea pigs race, even if I love PMV brand...look like Zlivan will be the ONE! Will wait for his impressions to know if I buy them:wink:
PMV have 2 IEM and 1 very sexy looking earbud.
Earbud PMV B01 Been review there:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/pmv-b01-aoede.22436/reviews
In this multiple drivers race it would be nice to have a good sounding single driver earphones. Graphene + mid-centric might lead to something good and I like the looks also.
Been hearing good things about PMV so I guess they can't be too bad :)

Dec 20, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #5,319 of 31,833
I just whipped my Philips SHP9500S out - similar price. Last year's Christmas present to myself. These are outstanding - and on sale.
https://goo.gl/RPs5fe
Good choice Otto, been looking at those too, but I do not regret at all the Pro82hehe They are very similar to Fidelio and not just in look, if I remember stuffs I read. Ugh. 60$ usd is sure a bet!

And guess what I listen right now with the Pro82:wink:
Some very nice cantatas from the greatest B lettered composer share by you (okay, their alot of good B like Bartok or Buxtehude etc). Wasn't particularly afford of male signers....hum, adaptation is still in process hehe

Dec 20, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #5,320 of 31,833
Hmmm and I have the red one. I am having more trouble with the cable than anything else. It is so micro phonic that it ruins the music making it difficult for me to tell if they are good or not.
Yeah...microphonic....sometime people forget to mention that, but some IEM sure are ruin cause of this, even over ear trick do not solve problem of very sensitive one.....must admit its one of the biggest drawback about Bossfi B3. Wish I know about that before because otherwise they sound quite okay.

Dec 20, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #5,321 of 31,833
Interesting. I am very critical because I have a whole bunch of similarly priced earphones which make for a good comparison. For example, I find the cheaper Tin Audio T2 much superior...again, this is subjective. The unfocused bass tuning of the Lker is rather disappointing for me in this price category.

And I also wonder whether we have identically tuned versions. Considering the price differences ranging from $31 to (initially) $64, I wonder whether Lker recently cut corners. In comparison my two SEAHK AWK009 do not sound identical: the golden version is more forward and easier to drive than the black one. And someone mentioned here there are sonic differences between the black ad white Rock Ziron.

It cannot be excluded that we compare apples and oranges.

Subjectivity aside, I have to agree with you, I recently got a new pair of Earbuds to replace a defective pair (NICEHCK Graphene) and they sound different to the older version, fortunately I like how the new version sounds like :gs1000smile:

Dec 20, 2017 at 7:48 PM Post #5,322 of 31,833
Last edited:
Dec 20, 2017 at 9:50 PM Post #5,323 of 31,833
Yea, that's a huge problem with the AWK009. Another problem that i faced was the congested sound that comes out of it which makes extended listening a pain. Otherwise its a pretty good piece of bud for the price and i got it for half the price when it just came out on Penonaudio

Dec 20, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #5,324 of 31,833
I say dump her bro LOL
LOL, i cant do that mate. Even though i wish i would have someone who appreciates music more T.T Other than that i have not much to complain xD

Dec 21, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #5,325 of 31,833
Hum.....Xiaomi lauch a canceling noise triple drivers hybrid.... Not very a fan of noise reduction but I just try old crap that really sound bad, must admit it can be usefull here in noisy montreal.

Any toughs about canceling noise earphones and if it really affect soundquality for the worst???

Fall on it at gearbest, think its quite new:

1513127163849162564.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back