CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 5, 2017 at 8:23 AM Post #3,481 of 31,833
Thanks for the bluetooth recommendations guys! Now to decide between the ZS3 and ZS5 to use with that cable. I'm leaning more towards the ZS3 as I listen to mostly electronic style music and my gym also pumps out loud music that I have to drown out. Is the ZS5 that much better in SQ than the ZS3 or is it just a different sound signature?

Also, what's the max distance the bluetooth reaches with these?

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #3,482 of 31,833
Thanks for the bluetooth recommendations guys! Now to decide between the ZS3 and ZS5 to use with that cable. I'm leaning more towards the ZS3 as I listen to mostly electronic style music and my gym also pumps out loud music that I have to drown out. Is the ZS5 that much better in SQ than the ZS3 or is it just a different sound signature?

The ZS5 is better sounding than the ZS3, but the ZS3 is more comfortable and has better isolation. Honestly for gym use, the ZS3 is perfectly fine (especially if you remove the foam in the nozzle).

Range on the bluetooth cable is not the greatest. Outdoors with direct line of sight and no obstacles or interference, I get about 9-12ft. However, with the antenna mod, you can easily get double that range: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-1284#post-13623298

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #3,483 of 31,833
The ZS5 is better sounding than the ZS3, but the ZS3 is more comfortable and has better isolation. Honestly for gym use, the ZS3 is perfectly fine (especially if you remove the foam in the nozzle).

Range on the bluetooth cable is not the greatest. Outdoors with direct line of sight and no obstacles or interference, I get about 9-12ft. However, with the antenna mod, you can easily get double that range: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-1284#post-13623298
agree with slater, esp. as to his mod. the zs3 is great for gym because of great isolation

Sep 5, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #3,484 of 31,833
Can you please provide the link where I may order MX500?
I buy it from a banned seller here...I think hes still banned don't know, but there alot of other one and the MX500 I talk about is the one at 9.87$ when you copy paste this exact sentence in Ali search:

DIY EMX500 In-ear Earphones Flat Head Plug Earphone HiFi Bass Earbuds DJ Earbuds Heavy Bass Sound Quality

Sep 5, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #3,485 of 31,833
I buy it from a banned seller here...I think hes still banned don't know, but there alot of other one and the MX500 I talk about is the one at 9.87$ when you copy paste this exact sentence in Ali search:

DIY EMX500 In-ear Earphones Flat Head Plug Earphone HiFi Bass Earbuds DJ Earbuds Heavy Bass Sound Quality
Is every emx500 the same build but different price ?

Sep 5, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #3,486 of 31,833
Mhm, I see!

Do you think it's worth it to get an earbud?
I'm wondering whether to get mx500, vido or monk ve plus.

And btw, I'm also wondering if the zs5 if an improvement overall against the urbanfun or they are around the same level?
I own the zst and I really find them meh, so i' m a bit reticent to buy the zs5.

For earbuds, my Vido and Monk isn't arrived yet, but i can't repeat enough this highly potential fact: MX500 cannot disapoint!

Did not try the ZST, but ZS5 is a real favorite of mine and got a very different soundsignature than UF hybrid. They are more bassy and have wider soundstage, less balanced but in a exciting entertaining way, have a 3D sound feel and great layering, with the ZS5 music is never boring!

Sep 5, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #3,487 of 31,833
For earbuds, my Vido and Monk isn't arrived yet, but i can't repeat enough this highly potential fact: MX500 cannot disapoint!

Did not try the ZST, but ZS5 is a real favorite of mine and got a very different soundsignature than UF hybrid. They are more bassy and have wider soundstage, less balanced but in a exciting entertaining way, have a 3D sound feel and great layering, with the ZS5 music is never boring!
Wait till you listen to the vido. You'd wonder how can this Starbucks earbud brings value to a whole new level. Pls leave isolation alone as it meant to use this indoor just like open back headphones

Sep 5, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #3,489 of 31,833

I would recommend GearBest exclusive KZ ES3 more than ZS3, altough I have no experience using it with BT cable (yet). I´ve used ZS5 with BT cable and its OK. I seriously cant decide which one I prefer (wired), ES3 or ZS5. I gave ZS3 pretty quickly away since I found its imaging/detail subpar.

Sep 6, 2017 at 12:43 AM Post #3,491 of 31,833
Hi guys, looking for a headset for gaming or just a standalone mic for pretty cheap around less thatn $30 or £25, any suggestions?

V-MODA BoomPro. It just plugs into the 3.5mm jack of your favorite headphones, assuming your headphones don't have some sort of odd design (such as 2.5mm, locking cable, etc).

I've used the BoomPro on multiple different headphones, and it worked great with all of them.

The mic itself is noise canceling and is the clearest boom mic I own (and I have 1 few dozen different mics). The mic also has a mute switch and volume control.

Don't waste your time with the knockoff ones though - I have 2 and they LOOK like the BoomPro but sound nothing like the real deal. The genuine BoomPro is only $30, and worth every penny.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BJ17WKK

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #3,492 of 31,833
Sep 7, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #3,493 of 31,833
I would recommend GearBest exclusive KZ ES3 more than ZS3, altough I have no experience using it with BT cable (yet). I´ve used ZS5 with BT cable and its OK. I seriously cant decide which one I prefer (wired), ES3 or ZS5. I gave ZS3 pretty quickly away since I found its imaging/detail subpar.
Did the KZ ES3 are only sell on Gearbest? It look so....and it look nice too, like an upgraded version of ZST.
Can you compare it with ZS5?
At 10$ right now....well...might try it myself too!

Sep 7, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #3,495 of 31,833
Did the KZ ES3 are only sell on Gearbest? It look so....and it look nice too, like an upgraded version of ZST.
Can you compare it with ZS5?
At 10$ right now....well...might try it myself too!

Heres my small comparison https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-1386#post-13702083
And Vidal is right, ES3´s bass is elevated and it is the main weakness for sure, but it does not bother me that much. I am enjoying them (more than ZST, ZSE and ZS3) and ordered 4 spare pairs for future gifts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back