CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 4, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #3,466 of 31,844
Later today I will be posting a review of the Tennmak Pro, one of my favorite Chi-fi models from my collection, after I take some pictures of them and the accessories/box, etc.

If you have any questions about them or characteristics you'd like to learn about let me know so I can include them.
Happy to know the Tennmak Pro still got some Love, did the Vivo XE800 are the opposite of them in term of soundsignature? Still wonder if I should buy a pair....

Sep 4, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #3,467 of 31,844
Is there any good chinese wireless/bluetooth iems that can be used in the gym? Trying to find something to replace my MEE M6s as I hate draping the cable down and keeping my phone in my pocket and would like to just leave the phone on the like instead.
Not a big fan of BT iem but got 2 pair, the QCY Q29 (nice design but it strangely have a low maximum volume) and Macaw T1000 that impress me for the little price with a mid centric soundsignature, right tips with them is very important, memory foam are the best. Anyway, i'm sure there better BT iem than these 2.

Sep 4, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #3,468 of 31,844
How do the mx500 compare sq wise against the urbanfun hifi? Not asking for details really, more like "The x sounds better because of" answer.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Hum.....sorry can't compare earbuds with IEM, it's too different, way more than comparing open headphones with closed one. And I don't want to betray neither MX500 or UF Hybrid!
So answer will be like: too different sounding to compare, but, UF hybrid are more neutral and clear sounding, MX500 have wider soundstage and more bass and are warmer.

Personally, I use more the MX500 cause i'm in a earbud mania these days, and for iem it's the ZS5 and PMV A01 MK2 that sit in my ears more frequently.

Sep 4, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #3,469 of 31,844
Happy to know the Tennmak Pro still got some Love, did the Vivo XE800 are the opposite of them in term of soundsignature? Still wonder if I should buy a pair....

I never got around to making a review of the Vivo XE800 for two reasons. The first one is that they are no longer on sale and there are a lot of fake units going around. Even if I were to review them and recommend them, people might be disappointed if they received a fake unit that could sound considerably worse. The second reason is because I bought a GR07 recently, which, supposedly, share the same driver as the Vivo XE800 and I'm much more inclined to review that unit when I receive it.

What I can do is to try to remember to compare them and post something here or on the Vsonic thread comparing the two.

Regarding the Tennmak Pro and Vivo XE800 comparison... I wouldn't say they are opposites. The Vivo isn't particularly warm nor cold, it has a signature that feels balanced though it is probably a bit U or V-shaped. The Pro is more of a colder type of earphone with a rather lacking, but well-controlled bass response. If they were ice-cream flavors the Vivo would be Vanilla and the Tennmak Pro would be dark chocolate, if that makes any sense.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #3,470 of 31,844
Imo the XE800 is clearly superior to the Tennmak Pro. The boomy midbass on the Pro is definitely a deal breaker for me but surprisingly enough a lot of people seem to enjoy it so as always YMMV.....

Sep 4, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #3,471 of 31,844
If the XE800 was easier to obtain and I was near-certain they would be legitimate copies I would recommend them a lot more often. I agree with you that they are the better sounding of the two but the Pro is distinctive enough to be appreciated beside it, at least for me, and unlike the XE800 I can purchase a legitimate one whenever I want, the same can't be said for the XE800 unfortunately.

If I replaced the Pro with anything it would probably be with the Shure SE215 which they seem to attempt to emulate.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #3,472 of 31,844
Is there any good chinese wireless/bluetooth iems that can be used in the gym? Trying to find something to replace my MEE M6s as I hate draping the cable down and keeping my phone in my pocket and would like to just leave the phone on the like instead.

Just returned from a nice 2 hour workout in the gym and used a Bluetooth-Upgrade-Cable with my KZ-ZS5. Great sound via BT.
Can be used with KZ ZST/ZS3/ZS5/ED12/ZS6
https://de.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-Z...32819992039.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.9pP6vo

Sep 4, 2017 at 12:17 PM Post #3,473 of 31,844

The KZ ZST with the bluetooth cable is all I've been using for gym workouts anymore. Cheap, great sound, sturdy behind-the-ear fit, and a ~4 hour battery life. My Awei A920BL Pro suck in comparison, and I have never been pleased with the sound of the KZ ZS3 or ZS5 with the bluetooth cable.

Sep 4, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #3,474 of 31,844
The KZ ZST with the bluetooth cable is all I've been using for gym workouts anymore. Cheap, great sound, sturdy behind-the-ear fit, and a ~4 hour battery life. My Awei A920BL Pro suck in comparison, and I have never been pleased with the sound of the KZ ZS3 or ZS5 with the bluetooth cable.

I haven't tried the Bluetooth cable with ZS3 or ZS5 but I can concur that the ZST are very nice for working out. With that said, keep in mind that the ZST is a fairly bright earphone and if you are working out in a noisy environment, raising the ZST's volume too much might give you some hearing fatigue or worse.

Sep 4, 2017 at 12:29 PM Post #3,475 of 31,844
I haven't tried the Bluetooth cable with ZS3 or ZS5 but I can concur that the ZST are very nice for working out. With that said, keep in mind that the ZST is a fairly bright earphone and if you are working out in a noisy environment, raising the ZST's volume too much might give you some hearing fatigue or worse.

This is true. I always forget that I modded mine and dampened the BA driver with a micro piece of foam. So my ZST still maintain a nice amount of brightness, but it's buttery smooth vs sharp and harsh.

Sep 4, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #3,476 of 31,844
Hum.....sorry can't compare earbuds with IEM, it's too different, way more than comparing open headphones with closed one. And I don't want to betray neither MX500 or UF Hybrid!
So answer will be like: too different sounding to compare, but, UF hybrid are more neutral and clear sounding, MX500 have wider soundstage and more bass and are warmer.

Personally, I use more the MX500 cause i'm in a earbud mania these days, and for iem it's the ZS5 and PMV A01 MK2 that sit in my ears more frequently.

Mhm, I see!

Do you think it's worth it to get an earbud?
I'm wondering whether to get mx500, vido or monk ve plus.

And btw, I'm also wondering if the zs5 if an improvement overall against the urbanfun or they are around the same level?
I own the zst and I really find them meh, so i' m a bit reticent to buy the zs5.

Sep 4, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #3,477 of 31,844
Mhm, I see!

Do you think it's worth it to get an earbud?
I'm wondering whether to get mx500, vido or monk ve plus.

And btw, I'm also wondering if the zs5 if an improvement overall against the urbanfun or they are around the same level?
I own the zst and I really find them meh, so i' m a bit reticent to buy the zs5.

Do you have the Urbanfun Hifi (hybird) or the single-driver Beryllium version?

What is it specifically that you find 'meh' about the ZST?

Do you have a more preferred sound signature, or crave some other features (such as more details, isolation, separation, etc)?

Sep 4, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #3,478 of 31,844

Can you please provide the link where I may order MX500?

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #3,479 of 31,844
Do you have the Urbanfun Hifi (hybird) or the single-driver Beryllium version?

What is it specifically that you find 'meh' about the ZST?

Do you have a more preferred sound signature, or crave some other features (such as more details, isolation, separation, etc)?

In the end I received the hybrid version !
I really like them, a lot actually. They have a similar tone to the ex450 with less bass, but a soundstage a bit bigger and especially more détails.
At first, when I received the Zst, I enjoyed them a lot, but now, I find them completely different.
Like, it's a bit hard to explain.
If I listen to the ex450, ex650, urbanfun, einsear t2, uiisii hm7, they all share a common feature : The sound is a bit similar.
For instance, if I take the urbanfun as a model, I can say that to a certain extent, the other iems have a similar "base" sound.
For the Zst, it's completely different !
The sound is so much different from my other iems, it sounds muddy and a bit lifeless.

What, I've just tried them just after writing this and now I find them "normal", as in, totally not like what I just wrote.
I don't understand, I feel like everytime the way I hear/perceive music changes...

Sep 4, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #3,480 of 31,844
In the end I received the hybrid version !
I really like them, a lot actually. They have a similar tone to the ex450 with less bass, but a soundstage a bit bigger and especially more détails.
At first, when I received the Zst, I enjoyed them a lot, but now, I find them completely different.
Like, it's a bit hard to explain.
If I listen to the ex450, ex650, urbanfun, einsear t2, uiisii hm7, they all share a common feature : The sound is a bit similar.
For instance, if I take the urbanfun as a model, I can say that to a certain extent, the other iems have a similar "base" sound.
For the Zst, it's completely different !
The sound is so much different from my other iems, it sounds muddy and a bit lifeless.

What, I've just tried them just after writing this and now I find them "normal", as in, totally not like what I just wrote.
I don't understand, I feel like everytime the way I hear/perceive music changes...

Sounds like you are experiencing "brain burn-in". When switching from 1 headphone/earphone to another, it often takes a bit for your brain to adjust to the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back