CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 7, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #3,497 of 31,844
I really notice what you mean about buying the QY8 from a reputable seller, I have ordered like 3 sets of them from a different seller and each one has a different finish (one is glossy, one is matte and the other just sounds bad). There is so much variance in them

Sep 7, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #3,498 of 31,844
Heres my small comparison https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-1386#post-13702083
And Vidal is right, ES3´s bass is elevated and it is the main weakness for sure, but it does not bother me that much. I am enjoying them (more than ZST, ZSE and ZS3) and ordered 4 spare pairs for future gifts.

''Sound is more "in your face" than ZS5 which makes it feel less spaceous. Mids are brought more forward (and therefore it sounds overall warmer and more "natural" than ZS5) but there is also slightly less clarity - with both mids and treble. Speaking of treble, i find it less sibilant than ZS5 while it is still well extended. Overall frequency response seems pretty even if you dont count some bass emphasis. Im not denying it can at times sound overpowering (as with the ZS5 also).''

Look an interesting sound sig for sure!!
And at 10$ a no brainer....hum hum....KZ are really intense...like 2 new models a month lol
I have like 8 pairs (stop to count) of different KZ and always tell myself its the last one....
ES3 tempt me becaue I dont have the ZST.
But ZS6 tempt me even more!
Urgh.:scream_cat::scream_cat:

Writing this I listen to my ZS5 with upgraded KZ cable, don't know if its me but now I like them much more on my Xduoo X3, like if it give a little little energy boost, the one that was lacking with stock cable....

Sep 7, 2017 at 6:27 PM Post #3,499 of 31,844
I really notice what you mean about buying the QY8 from a reputable seller, I have ordered like 3 sets of them from a different seller and each one has a different finish (one is glossy, one is matte and the other just sounds bad). There is so much variance in them

I'd be more inclined to believe that some of those are fakes. That brand seems to make a lot of "generic" designs, which are easy targets for faking. I almost bought a pair of QCY QY11 once but there were sooo many reports of fake QY11 versions on Amazon that I ended up going with a totally different brand (Awei) instead.

Sep 7, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #3,500 of 31,844
Did anyone try the Symphonized NRG 3.0 In-Ear headphones? They have over 3000+ Amazon customer reviews, currently rated 4.5 stars overall, and priced at a lowly $25. Sorry I have no idea if they're Chinese, though...Is that characteristic a requirement for this thread?

Sep 7, 2017 at 8:02 PM Post #3,502 of 31,844
Did anyone try the Symphonized NRG 3.0 In-Ear headphones? They have over 3000+ Amazon customer reviews, currently rated 4.5 stars overall, and priced at a lowly $25. Sorry I have no idea if they're Chinese, though...Is that characteristic a requirement for this thread?

I enjoy mine even though they are not a "Chinese Hidden Gem." Nicely made (wood) and sound great to me.

Sep 7, 2017 at 8:57 PM Post #3,503 of 31,844
Sorry I have no idea if they're Chinese, though...Is that characteristic a requirement for this thread?

The clue is in the title :yum: but pretty certain they'll be Chinese. As with all Amazon reviewed items try - http://fakespot.com/ - to see how many reviews are BS.

Sep 8, 2017 at 12:09 AM Post #3,504 of 31,844
Finally receive my Kinera H3 and im more than impressed with them, cause I receive the USB OTG adaptor too and try it with Fioo Q1 Mark2 portable DAC-AMP trough my samsung J3 and experience is extremely good!! What impress me the much (with sound) is the ultimate quality of construction of the H3, housing is same resin high end quality as the 600$ Westone ES2 I had, yep, it feel invincible in the hand and like it was molded in one unique piece. Cable is the better one I ever have with sub 100$ iem, unique and high quality twisted cable, soft and tangle free, sooooo well made!
And now, the sound.
Need more time with it, but it's a serious WOW. Deep wide soundstage with present mids and visceral low ends, detaileds but smooth at the same time, very elegant and complex sound signature!!! My attempt was very very big for these, not disapointed at all. Will share more toughs after a minus of 10H of use!
Cheers!

Sep 8, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #3,505 of 31,844
Nymphonomaniac:
Thank you very much for this very informative thread. Because of your huuuuugggggeeee experience in the field I would like to ask you this. Am looking (if possible on AliExpress) for earphones with the following characteristics:
- Ear tips suitable for a jogging/sports activity
- No Controller with volume control, dB limiter,... this is a clear source of fragility in all the earphones that I used until today! Just straight cable with no garbage gadget in the middle...
- L-shape Input plug
- Used mostly for Podcast (radio broadcast, voice mostly, sometimes pop songs) so I put overall robustness over sound quality
- Used with mp3 players (like Creative Zen or MpMan,...)
- Detachable cable, but mainly if they are generic and not linked to a specific brand/model of earphones
- Price < $20

Thanks a lot!
Christophe

Sep 9, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #3,506 of 31,844
some extra pics of these incredibly beautifull and well construct KINERA H3.

Such a beauty!

200.gif

Look!!

P9090122.JPG P9090118.JPG P9090120.JPG P9090121.JPG

Sep 9, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #3,507 of 31,844
Nymphonomaniac:
Thank you very much for this very informative thread. Because of your huuuuugggggeeee experience in the field I would like to ask you this. Am looking (if possible on AliExpress) for earphones with the following characteristics:
- Ear tips suitable for a jogging/sports activity
- No Controller with volume control, dB limiter,... this is a clear source of fragility in all the earphones that I used until today! Just straight cable with no garbage gadget in the middle...
- L-shape Input plug
- Used mostly for Podcast (radio broadcast, voice mostly, sometimes pop songs) so I put overall robustness over sound quality
- Used with mp3 players (like Creative Zen or MpMan,...)
- Detachable cable, but mainly if they are generic and not linked to a specific brand/model of earphones
- Price < $20

Thanks a lot!
Christophe

Perhaps the ''DIY UE custom'' could be what your looking for. Supreme value. Detachable cable. Quite wide soundstage. Dual dynamic drivers. V shaped towards neutral soundsig.
It make one year I have mine and they still work like new.
To find it, just tap ''DIY UE Custom'' in Ali search engine.

Cheers!

Sep 9, 2017 at 10:37 PM Post #3,509 of 31,844
Glad to finally see some impressions on Kinera H3. I had them for quite a while ago and although i admit their sound signature is not the type that's very appealing for most ppl to appreciate, they're really very good quality and very well made. I can see the details of innerwork very clearly and nicely done. Really excellent feat. considering that it's a considered budget Chinese Brand IEM.

Not sure about you, i find them to be overly bright in treble region where there's certain peak that kinda stops me from enjoying it for a long period. I do find their midrange to be recessed to in comparison. Bass is very nice on them, full, deep and luscious. Really loved their bass.

Now the question is ... why did this Kinera H3 sort of dies off so quickly after its initial launch ?! Even the main thread got buried far far down in the seas of threads as if their existence vanished into the abyss while they were actually just about 2 or at most 3 months old. Hmm ...

Sep 9, 2017 at 11:26 PM Post #3,510 of 31,844
Glad to finally see some impressions on Kinera H3. I had them for quite a while ago and although i admit their sound signature is not the type that's very appealing for most ppl to appreciate, they're really very good quality and very well made. I can see the details of innerwork very clearly and nicely done. Really excellent feat. considering that it's a considered budget Chinese Brand IEM.

Not sure about you, i find them to be overly bright in treble region where there's certain peak that kinda stops me from enjoying it for a long period. I do find their midrange to be recessed to in comparison. Bass is very nice on them, full, deep and luscious. Really loved their bass.

Now the question is ... why did this Kinera H3 sort of dies off so quickly after its initial launch ?! Even the main thread got buried far far down in the seas of threads as if their existence vanished into the abyss while they were actually just about 2 or at most 3 months old. Hmm ...

There's the popularity of anything KZ for one, in particalar the ZS5 and now the ZS6. Also, a much bigger Chinese Brand - Fiio - released the F9 which seemingly stole some of the thunder in this price range. Many good to great IEM's get overlooked with the speed at which they're popping up. They're just out of the impulse price range for the average consumer as well, which I would peg at under $70 USD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back