CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 10, 2017 at 12:37 AM Post #3,511 of 31,840
There's the popularity of anything KZ for one, in particalar the ZS5 and now the ZS6. Also, a much bigger Chinese Brand - Fiio - released the F9 which seemingly stole some of the thunder in this price range. Many good to great IEM's get overlooked with the speed at which they're popping up. They're just out of the impulse price range for the average consumer as well, which I would peg at under $70 USD.
Oh didn't see that coming. I had always associated Fiio with DAPs and Amps only. Seems to be pretty good reception for their attempt into IEM especially at this considered budget price range. Noticed their new DAP too the X3 MK3 with balanced out and bluetooth 4.1, seems like the perfect DAP i've been dreaming lol. Anyway, if my memory serves me right, i remembered seeing the Kinera H3 in a drop at about 70$ a while back, or was i confused with the TFZ exclusives. I think the price will drop eventually in the near future.

Sep 10, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #3,514 of 31,840
3.jpg
m50x has a bloated bass, it's far from flat, to say the least. are you sure that this is what you are looking for?
what is i am looking for is a reasonably flat sound signature with slightly elevated 0 to 200hz region without drowning the mids or highs. Look at the graph. That is kind of what I want

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2017 at 2:10 AM Post #3,516 of 31,840
Perhaps the ''DIY UE custom'' could be what your looking for. Supreme value. Detachable cable. Quite wide soundstage. Dual dynamic drivers. V shaped towards neutral soundsig.
It make one year I have mine and they still work like new.
To find it, just tap ''DIY UE Custom'' in Ali search engine.

Cheers!
Hi there,
Thanks for your answer. I have already tried this kind of earbuds and the problem is that the tips really do not stay in the ears. Also it does not have an L-shape connector which is a more minor issue as I can still buildproof it with a heat-shrinkable tube. But really I do not what is going on with my ears, do not want to be force to go with over the ear headphones :frowning2: and another model that I bought with hook does not completely resolve the problem...

Sep 11, 2017 at 8:21 AM Post #3,518 of 31,840
Hello all,

Could anyone summarize the cheapest options for a 2 BA+1 dynamic driver earphones? I own a 1BA+2 dynamic pair and interested in exploring what i think is a step further in detail quality. So trying to consider my options.

From what i've searched i 've found:
- 1MORE Triple Driver
-Fiio F0
-Kinera H3

All of them around the 99$ price range. Are there any others maybe?

Might there possibly be any even cheaper ones or should 99$ be considered the base price?

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2017 at 8:29 AM Post #3,519 of 31,840
off the top of my head

**** DT2+
**** 6in1
Swing EC1

Personally I think the single BA Hybrids like the Bosshifi B3 and E-MI CI880 are better than the triples I've heard - 1More, DT2+ and to a lesser extent the EC1 (which is pretty decent)

Sep 11, 2017 at 8:31 AM Post #3,520 of 31,840
Hello all,

Could anyone summarize the cheapest options for a 2 BA+1 dynamic driver earphones? I own a 1BA+2 dynamic pair and interested in exploring what i think is a step further in detail quality. So trying to consider my options.

From what i've searched i 've found:
- 1MORE Triple Driver
-Fiio F0
-Kinera H3

All of them around the 99$ price range. Are there any others maybe?

Might there possibly be any even cheaper ones or should 99$ be considered the base price?
Whatever it is don't buy the 1more

Sep 11, 2017 at 8:49 AM Post #3,521 of 31,840
Thank you both for your quick responses.

@Vidal
Yes, i guess i always have this possibility in the back of my head. This is what makes me skeptical.

By the way my 2 DD+1 BA pair are the UiiSii T8s. Don't know exactly how they perform compared to the competition. Not that many of reviews.

So would you advise staying with the ones i own instead of going for a budget 2BA+1DD implementation? Is there a 2BA+1DD model that you would recommend in general, regardless of price?

@snip3r77
Could you elaborate a bit? Are they that bad?

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #3,524 of 31,840
Not sure if Taobao is accessible to you but if you're interested in **** DT2+ and **** 6in1, their prices on Taobao store has dropped tremendously. If more driver = better is your thing you can look them up. I have no idea how they sound tho.

I think the C1880 is very good in the Sub 50$ price range. I actually had them longer in my ear than the KZ ZS5.

At the 99$ price range there really are many competitors like Kinera H3, FIIO F9, TFZ Exclusive King, Magaosi / Audbos K3 Pro etc. I'd say the 1More triple is out of the league. They can be had as low as 60$ last i know.

Sep 11, 2017 at 10:06 AM Post #3,525 of 31,840
PMV? That's an IEM not a overear headphone, @peter123 did a review of the MK2 on my site here, @loomisjohnson also shared his views on it.

I'd go for a single BA hybrid over the dual BA ones I've heard at least in the sub $50 bracket. Not heard the more expensive dual BAs though. This being my current favourite at the moment (as mentioned by Vince above)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back