CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Aug 28, 2017 at 8:48 AM Post #3,406 of 31,845
Really close to buying the PMV A-01 but found out the silver version with braided cloth cable has been discontinued. Now it's just the cable without the cloth on it and is black instead of silver. Is there any reason why these don't seem to very popular or are there better options out there for around 60$?
the moni one at around the same price is more detailed/resolving, but i'd consider the pmv the best choice--it's very good

Aug 28, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #3,409 of 31,845
I just received my Vido ( from NiceHCK Aliexpress). Jaw dropped after listening to this Starbucks earbud

Those that is riding on the ZS5 and ZSE hype train should get it to form the Holy Trinity.
It's exactly posts like this that got me into earbud game with Vido as my first pair. The problem is that people have a hard time understanding that these new gen earbuds are a world apart from the crappy earbuds that came with cheap phones and mp3 players of 2000s. But times are changing and earbud thread is very popular here, we just might start seeing a bigger shift towards earbuds (at least in the budget sub 50$ segment).

Aug 28, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #3,410 of 31,845
hey guys, i was waiting on my paycheck to come in before i got the CI880's, but now that i see the PMV A-01 MK2, they look tempting as well. any suggestions on which one is more worth getting?

Aug 28, 2017 at 2:58 PM Post #3,411 of 31,845
I just received my Vido ( from NiceHCK Aliexpress). Jaw dropped after listening to this Starbucks earbud

Those that is riding on the ZS5 and ZSE hype train should get it to form the Holy Trinity.

Have you tried the VE Monks? I tried them based on similar hype and was filled with "meh" by the experience. That has really put me off of this renaissance of earbuds.

Aug 28, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #3,413 of 31,845
Anybody can tell me there opinion on the 6 in 1. I love the 4 in 1 but i heard mixed reviews on the 4 in 1

Aug 28, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #3,414 of 31,845
Have you tried the VE Monks? I tried them based on similar hype and was filled with "meh" by the experience. That has really put me off of this renaissance of earbuds.

The opposite for me, since I heard the Monk+ I haven't listened to an IEM since, have moved onto some more expensive earbuds as well, but still love the Monk+. The Vido is different, quite a bit bassier although not too much (you don't get the isolation you get with IEMs) and at the price even if you didn't like the Monk+ well worth a try. Love the extra soundstage and lack of microphonics / no closed in feeling with earbuds.

Aug 28, 2017 at 7:32 PM Post #3,416 of 31,845
The opposite for me, since I heard the Monk+ I haven't listened to an IEM since, have moved onto some more expensive earbuds as well, but still love the Monk+. The Vido is different, quite a bit bassier although not too much (you don't get the isolation you get with IEMs) and at the price even if you didn't like the Monk+ well worth a try. Love the extra soundstage and lack of microphonics / no closed in feeling with earbuds.
Review said one needs to spent a lot lot more to get better sound

Aug 28, 2017 at 8:10 PM Post #3,417 of 31,845
I tried the Monk+, it's a bit hyped, but it's $5. Lunch Money. It's good for the price, although I was underwhelmed after trying out the RX-1 which is $22(at least on Amazon). So, can't complain for the cheap price.

Aug 28, 2017 at 8:30 PM Post #3,418 of 31,845
I tried the Monk+, it's a bit hyped, but it's $5. Lunch Money. It's good for the price, although I was underwhelmed after trying out the RX-1 which is $22(at least on Amazon). So, can't complain for the cheap price.

next you might try these earbuds: if you like bass or v shaped eq, try emx500; **** pt15 for more neutral sound, or the moondrop vx pro for soundstage and vocals

i mostly listen to earbuds, and only reach out for my IEMs when it's really noisy

Aug 29, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #3,420 of 31,845
The opposite for me, since I heard the Monk+ I haven't listened to an IEM since, have moved onto some more expensive earbuds as well, but still love the Monk+.

**** pt15 for more neutral sound

After reading these posts last night I ordered the Monks from Amazon to be delivered tomorrow. I feel almost as excited as when I am expecting a major purchase! I am getting the coffee colored ones. The senfers will have to travel from China.

After all the horrible buds that were packaged with portable cassette players etc back in the day,I refused to even try iems for a long time and now I find out buds are nice too. How can these little things compete sound-wise with good headphones? I am amazed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back