CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Aug 7, 2016 at 5:38 AM Post #961 of 31,857
  How can you tell?

Usually they have the barcode thingy on the back of the package where you can input and check online on their website, no? I've never done that on all of my Xiaomi products, as they sound perfectly fine, so I am pretty sure they're all originals.. :)

Hi guys, so it seems I need some photos of Xiaomi Hybrids to compare my fake pair against for my dispute on Aliexpress. If any of you have any laying around I would really apreciate some photos of the jack, the rubber thing where the cables split, the mic and the housing.

If not that's fine to, but any help is apreciated.

I'm sure they are identical to look at and the only real difference is the drivers, but if there is a physical difference then that would help my case somewhat. It'snot like it's the largest sum to loose either, but it's going to bug me like hell if the dude gets away with it.

I have those.. How shall I provide you with the pics?

Aug 7, 2016 at 5:53 AM Post #962 of 31,857
Is everyone a "basshead" nowadays? Sometimes it seems the only thing anyone talks about when talking about headphones is bass. After owning enough IEMs and judging their relative merits, I have to conclude that bass is easy. Even the cheapest junk from the dollar store has lots of bass, provided the fit/seal is good. But what I'm looking for, what sets great earphones apart, is great treble performance. A high end that has great extension, with sparkle, shimmer, and air. A balanced, realistic sound signature. I know there are plenty of IEMs known for their bass performance, but which earphones out there (especially in this "super-budget Chinese" category) stands out for their high-end performance?

From what I have.

Super budget-fi I think KZ ZS3 quite good in highs.

A step up would be TFZ series 5.

Aug 7, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #965 of 31,857
Usually they have the barcode thingy on the back of the package where you can input and check online on their website, no? I've never done that on all of my Xiaomi products, as they sound perfectly fine, so I am pretty sure they're all originals.. :)

I have those.. How shall I provide you with the pics?

Great, whatever is easiest for you. We can take it on PM if you prefer that. :D

Aug 7, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #967 of 31,857

It's really hard to say as there are suppliers that sell genuine products on Aliexpress. Generally speaking though, they are missing some of the accessories which means it's either directly from the factory or it's a replica. the pricing is also a bit off, as most western products on Aliexpress also has near identical pricing as in the US.

Honestly though, you are probably better off getting one of the proven chinese brands rather than taking a chance on something that might be real or fake. May I sugest the Tennmak Pro, it's right around that price range and really impressed me on both the product quality and most importantly sound.

Aug 8, 2016 at 5:01 AM Post #968 of 31,857
  Is everyone a "basshead" nowadays? Sometimes it seems the only thing anyone talks about when talking about headphones is bass. After owning enough IEMs and judging their relative merits, I have to conclude that bass is easy. Even the cheapest junk from the dollar store has lots of bass, provided the fit/seal is good. But what I'm looking for, what sets great earphones apart, is great treble performance. A high end that has great extension, with sparkle, shimmer, and air. A balanced, realistic sound signature. I know there are plenty of IEMs known for their bass performance, but which earphones out there (especially in this "super-budget Chinese" category) stands out for their high-end performance?

It also seems to me that, most of the new IEMs are somewhat bassy and/or rolled of in the treble.

It still seems as if Havi B3 Pro is the winner in the neutral department, but the square waves don't look good :wink:

TFZ 5 was suggested but is that not supposed to be light in the treble?

Are there any IEM's with a light V-shaped signature up to 100$, they might be usefull, if ypu don't listen that loud.

Aug 8, 2016 at 5:03 AM Post #969 of 31,857

It also seems to me that, most of the new IEMs are somewhat bassy and/or rolled of in the treble.

It still seems as if Havi B3 Pro is the winner in the neutral department, but the square waves don't look good :wink:

TFZ 5 was suggested but is that not supposed to be light in the treble?

Are there any IEM's with a light V-shaped signature up to 100$, they might be usefull, if ypu don't listen that loud.

HLSX-808 ticks all the boxes imo

Aug 9, 2016 at 6:45 AM Post #973 of 31,857

Vivo xe800

Users who are viewing this thread

Back