CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Aug 10, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #991 of 31,834
So... I promised myself I wasn't going to order any more stuff for a while, but as expected I couldn't keep that promise for long.
rolleyes.gif

Got a pair of Swing IE800 today, they were bought at a store that shall not be mentioned. Anyway, they really surprised me. They give clear and detailed sound that I really was not expecting form the price tag. The signature is a bit V-shaped though with a bit extra in the sub-bass for those that like that. It's usually not the kind of thing I go for, but it actually made me listen to some records that I though were totally not my style. And you know what... I love them now.

It's weird how a different perspective (or in this case sound signature) can make you like things you normally would not.
etysmile.gif

Yeah, I really like them too, and consider that they are not wanna be conterfeit OEM because of the Swing logo...what player do you use with them?

They like the little mid-bass bump of my Ibasso DX80 alot!

But right now i'm enjoying my LZ-02A with my newly arrive Xduoo X1
tongue_smile.gif

Headfiers are CONTAGIOUS OBSESSIVE-COMPULSIVE AUDIO FREAKS! God bless them.
beerchug.gif

Aug 10, 2016 at 6:34 PM Post #992 of 31,834
Yeah, I really like them too, and consider that they are not wanna be conterfeit OEM because of the Swing logo...what player do you use with them?

They like the little mid-bass bump of my Ibasso DX80 alot!

But right now i'm enjoying my LZ-02A with my newly arrive Xduoo X1:tongue_smile:

Headfiers are CONTAGIOUS OBSESSIVE-COMPULSIVE AUDIO FREAKS! God bless them.
:beerchug:

I use my HRT Microstreamer, it's one of my favourite DACs. To be honest though, I’m not entirely sure what I think of the Swing yet as far as “sound signature” goes. I’ll have to do a more in depth listening session, because they definitively have the mids as well. I’m just not sure how the frequency response is yet, but they do sound good so that’s something.

Aug 11, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #993 of 31,834
Yep.
cool.gif

Another review from a Nymphono-maniaco-compulsive-Headfier:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/new-arrival-somic-v4-double-moving-coil-in-ear-earphones/reviews/16609

The SOMIC V4 is no joke...
Soooo much better than the VJJB V1S imo.

Anybody heard them?

Aug 11, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #994 of 31,834
  Yep.
cool.gif

Another review from a Nymphono-maniaco-compulsive-Headfier:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/new-arrival-somic-v4-double-moving-coil-in-ear-earphones/reviews/16609

The SOMIC V4 is no joke...
Soooo much better than the VJJB V1S imo.

Anybody heard them?

count me in

Aug 11, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #995 of 31,834
Hehe, you bet!
wink_face.gif

I don't think you would or can regret this...but you can DROWN in earphones accumulation with all these buys!

By the way, I think you say on the Benjie S5 forum that you consider it to sound better than Xduoo X3 and other higher ends DAP.
I read this and was like Dammmmmmn....
blink.gif

Where you joking or something cause if you weren't well...no...yes...no..argh: will surely buy it.

I'm really enjoying my Xduoo X1 these days...clumsy beast but what a good powerfull sounding one!

Aug 11, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #996 of 31,834
Just finish my review of the Tennmak Pro dual drivers.

Can't tell enough good words about this ones...
And they sound quite good with my new little baby: Xduoo X1 (extra mids is welcome!)

http://www.head-fi.org/products/tennmak-pro-dual-dynamic-driver-professional-in-ear-sport-detach-earphone-headphones-with-microphone-remote-black/reviews/16601

Yep, I prefer them to the Ownluxe A1.
Deal with it:cool:

Great review and echoes my thoughts on them. Had them for over a week now and they are getting better and better.

Have you opened up the bass ports with a needle? If you haven't, i recommend doing so as it makes the bass more controlled.

Aug 11, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #997 of 31,834
Great review and echoes my thoughts on them. Had them for over a week now and they are getting better and better.

Have you opened up the bass ports with a needle? If you haven't, i recommend doing so as it makes the bass more controlled.

Thanks and i'm glad you enjoy them too
beerchug.gif

Hey what!?! If the bass can became more controlled it will be HEAVEN!!
I see a hole already up the Tennmak logo, what you say is that it isn't venting there already?

Can you be just a little more precise on this mod...because I can became dangerous with a needle!
Thanks cause i'm very excited about this!

Aug 11, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #999 of 31,834
Thanks and i'm glad you enjoy them too:beerchug:

Hey what!?! If the bass can became more controlled it will be HEAVEN!!
I see a hole already up the Tennmak logo, what you say is that it isn't venting there already?

Can you be just a little more precise on this mod...because I can became dangerous with a needle!
Thanks cause i'm very excited about this!

Check the tennmak thread @raze94 was the one who suggested it.

There is small amount of glue or something covering the port inside.

You can use a thin needle to push it off. Its a little tricky to get it unattached as it just flapped off for me at first. Be careful not to damage anything by sticking it too far in. I was worried that the bits of glue would cause problems when they fell off but they definitely sound better afterwards.

Aug 12, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #1,004 of 31,834
I Just received my Plextone S50, it sounds more open and mid forward compared to the kz ate and ed10. Also has a better braided cable.

Great choice dude! Was thinking nobody but me would try them....I really like their mid fowards sound signature and use them with better memory foam than the one caming with it. It is really a good duo with warm but clean DAP like the Xduoo X3.
I personally prefer them to Ate and ED10, vocals are extremly delighful with them...try them right now with my Xduoo X1: NOT deceive!!
Give more impressions when you feel like it!

Aug 12, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #1,005 of 31,834
Check the tennmak thread @raze94 was the one who suggested it.

There is small amount of glue or something covering the port inside.

You can use a thin needle to push it off. Its a little tricky to get it unattached as it just flapped off for me at first. Be careful not to damage anything by sticking it too far in. I was worried that the bits of glue would cause problems when they fell off but they definitely sound better afterwards.

Okay thanks, I try it, take me some time to find a needle small enough and i'm not even certain it work properly...very small hole we talk about here.
Anyway, perhaps I hear I slight more clarity and roundness to the bass and deepness to soundstage but not sure, just know it still sound very good!

Making venting hole to some earphones is a commun mod and it look interesting.
I myself mod the xiaomi piston V2 and put off the grill and filter sponge and it give more clarity for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back