CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 24, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #1,471 of 31,833
Haha nothing

Haha nothing to apologize for. Definitely will be looking towards to your review, and don't forget to compare similar usb dacs!

Here you go :wink:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/zorloo-zuperdac/reviews/17154

Oct 25, 2016 at 12:44 AM Post #1,472 of 31,833
How do you all feel about this post regarding multi-BA's being inferior? http://www.head-fi.org/t/679046/comparison-review-the-quads-westone-w4r-vs-logitech-ue-900-vs-sony-xba-40

Is a single dynamic driver (in an earbud) really that much superior to most name-brand multi-BA's? Are multi-BA's that flawed? Where does that leave more expensive Chinese multi-BA iems?

Oct 25, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #1,473 of 31,833
  How do you all feel about this post regarding multi-BA's being inferior? http://www.head-fi.org/t/679046/comparison-review-the-quads-westone-w4r-vs-logitech-ue-900-vs-sony-xba-40

Is a single dynamic driver (in an earbud) really that much superior to most name-brand multi-BA's? Are multi-BA's that flawed? Where does that leave more expensive Chinese multi-BA iems?

quite an interesting article, actually--i don't think he's stating that single dynamics are necessarily better, or that multi-BAs are necessarily flawed; rather i think his central proposition is that the specific multi-BAs he reviewed aren't good value propositions and that certain significantly cheaper iems perform just as well. which, based on the quality of many of the budget kings cited on these pages, could well be true.

Oct 25, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #1,474 of 31,833
I've been enjoying the Joyroom E107s...... in fact, they have become my "falling asleep" IEMs, because they are small and comfy enough to allow me to rest my head on a pillow.  :smile:   However, the tips that came with them don't seem to fit very well - they get stuck in my ears.  When pull out the IEMs after my playlist is done, the tips stay in my ears and I have to dig them out.  :confused_face:  

Is this a common issue with these?  I have some Spinfits on order; hoping they will work better.

I have the same issue with all these smaller earphones - e107, and then kz hds1 and hds3. The nozzles are quite small for these tiny earphones, and tip holding grooves on the nozzles are also not very significant which makes even the medium sized tips (like the ones provided with the earphones) fall off easily. Luckily I have eartips that came with vsonic vc02 that fit very well, and am using them. But they are not the ideal tips sonically which makes me sad. :p

Edit: Alternately you can try shallower insertion if they seal well enough.

Oct 25, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #1,475 of 31,833
quite an interesting article, actually--i don't think he's stating that single dynamics are necessarily better, or that multi-BAs are necessarily flawed; rather i think his central proposition is that the specific multi-BAs he reviewed aren't good value propositions and that certain significantly cheaper iems perform just as well. which, based on the quality of many of the budget kings cited on these pages, could well be true.

Also note that it's written in 2013. He's calling BAs "Micro Drivers", now in 2016 Micro Drivers are Dynamic drivers that are smaller than 6-7mm. Also, he says "I don't expect to see 5 BA setups in the future", well he was very wrong, we are at 12 BA setups now.

Oct 25, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #1,476 of 31,833
Also note that it's written in 2013. He's calling BAs "Micro Drivers", now in 2016 Micro Drivers are Dynamic drivers that are smaller than 6-7mm. Also, he says "I don't expect to see 5 BA setups in the future", well he was very wrong, we are at 12 BA setups now.
I don't think he was calling BAs micro drivers..... I thought he was saying the trend was moving towards micro-drivers.

Oct 25, 2016 at 7:16 PM Post #1,477 of 31,833
I don't think he was calling BAs micro drivers..... I thought he was saying the trend was moving towards micro-drivers.

Misread that them but still that prediction was a bit off as well

Oct 26, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #1,478 of 31,833
I recently stumbled upon the Einear FIX earphone and I got hold of it last week. It's a pretty nice looking earphone, well-built, very comfortable and light. SQ-wise, it is pretty impressive, neutral sounding, good for long listening session. 
AudioBudget did a review recently on the Einear T2 which was highly rated. I believe Einear FIX is the higher-end version of the series. Definitely a gem worth checking out! 

Oct 26, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #1,479 of 31,833
​What tips do you use and like the best??

One thing sure, memory foam isn't meant for them...and most of custom like earshell...I feel that more the drivers are near your eardrum more you get fuller sound complexity.
Will give them another try for sure....
But right now i'm on the Tennmak Piano and **** UES dual drivers compulsive listening sessions:wink_face:  

Right now I've got large KZ whirlwinds in.

Oct 27, 2016 at 4:43 AM Post #1,480 of 31,833
Right now I think I've found my perfect setup at least for my ears, (although I do like bright setups). **** 4in1 with comply style foams and Aegis DAC plugged into either my iPhone or Huawei P9. The Aegis turns the Huawei into a credible DAP. The P9 sound wasn't up to much before but the DAC lifts it up to a higher level. I had to find a short Type C to Micro USB cable but found a decent one on Amazon.

I'll see how it fairs with the Urbanfun later today.

Nov 2, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #1,481 of 31,833
I finally got my BossHifi B8 eadphones in the mail yesterday, and have been trying to listen to them as much as I can ever since. So... First things first they both look and feel incredible (I know they have been compared a lot to the Denon AH-MM400 and they really do look and feel as good as them but are far from a copy), so they really nailed it on first impressions. They are also really comfortable to wear even though tey do weight quite a lot with the metal and wood constuction.

Now for the important stuff, namely the sound:
  • They come across as having a dark signature with quite a bit of volume in the lower end of the bass and mid range, yet they manage to keep it controlled so that they don't sound to bloated.
  • While I actually wanted to call them V shaped to start with I think the mid tones was just limited by my phone, because wehn I hooked them up to a decent DAC they really tightened up and drums was yet again as present as they should be.
  • The high notes on these are a bit more relaxed than you would find on a trebble focuse headset, but even though they are a bit less pronounced, they sound quite good.
  • Sound Stage is not as good as a pair of open back headphones, but they manage really well in this department to.

All in all these seem to be a real gem for the 80$ that I paid for them, and I have a hunch that they will tighten up a bit more in the mids when they have been properly burnt in. I'll see if I can do a proper review at that time, but for now these are well worth the money I put in them.

Nov 2, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #1,482 of 31,833
I finally got my BossHifi B8 eadphones in the mail yesterday, and have been trying to listen to them as much as I can ever since. So... First things first they both look and feel incredible (I know they have been compared a lot to the Denon AH-MM400 and they really do look and feel as good as them but are far from a copy), so they really nailed it on first impressions. They are also really comfortable to wear even though tey do weight quite a lot with the metal and wood constuction.

Now for the important stuff, namely the sound:
  1. They come across as having a dark signature with quite a bit of volume in the lower end of the bass and mid range, yet they manage to keep it controlled so that they don't sound to bloated.
  2. While I actually wanted to call them V shaped to start with I think the mid tones was just limited by my phone, because wehn I hooked them up to a decent DAC they really tightened up and drums was yet again as present as they should be.
  3. The high notes on these are a bit more relaxed than you would find on a trebble focuse headset, but even though they are a bit less pronounced, they sound quite good.
  4. Sound Stage is not as good as a pair of open back headphones, but they manage really well in this department to.

All in all these seem to be a real gem for the 80$ that I paid for them, and I have a hunch that they will tighten up a bit more in the mids when they have been properly burnt in. I'll see if I can do a proper review at that time, but for now these are well worth the money I put in them.

Good to see some positive feedback about this set.  Please post this in the Chinese on/over thread here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/822184/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-on-or-over-ear-headphones

This other thread was started for headphones such as this.  

Nov 4, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #1,484 of 31,833

THis looks like the same link you gave me :) for the Xiaomi Piston 2 ... I also still have points on GB :) 

Just checked on GB if I find anything IE800 looking under JBMMJ ... hmm .. nada ... curious now 

Try here:
http://www.gearbest.com/earphones/pp_25856.html?wid=21
and here:
http://www.gearbest.com/earbud-headphones/pp_368044.html?wid=21
I like the MJ900s better.  I don't know how these Chinese companies manage to have packaging worth the cost of the product in the US......... the MJ900 even came with a burn in CD and a pamphlet with a detailed explanation of noise and why burn in helps..... which I didn't understand, because their company needs a better translator.

Nov 6, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #1,485 of 31,833

Users who are viewing this thread

Back