CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 23, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #1,456 of 31,833

KZ ZST didn't impress a lot of people 2-3 said they were growing on them.

Urbanfun does get mentioned here and there for being one of the better and cheaper hybrid IEM and gets the highest score on a russian website beating ostry and some other more expensive IEMs

PT15 has been on pre-sale there are a a lot of headfi people that bought them.

​Thanks for the feedback, Urbanfun intrigue me even more now...to the point that I will study them with my own ears in no long
wink_face.gif

Hum, KZ are very exciting and deceiving at the same time, ZS3 did not impress me that much, in fact, everything impress me (construction, design) but the sound did not. It's like they are genius kids that just can't became genius adult. I will surely try the ZST if they are on sale at an absurb price, but since then I don't think so.

PT15 are pre-ordered too for me!! I just begin with earbuds and **** is a ''brand'' that worth be checking out. Did you try the FAAEAL 64Ohm? Really impressive stuff indeed.

Oct 23, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #1,457 of 31,833

​Thanks for the feedback, Urbanfun intrigue me even more now...to the point that I will study them with my own ears in no long
wink_face.gif

Hum, KZ are very exciting and deceiving at the same time, ZS3 did not impress me that much, in fact, everything impress me (construction, design) but the sound did not. It's like they are genius kids that just can't became genius adult. I will surely try the ZST if they are on sale at an absurb price, but since then I don't think so.

PT15 are pre-ordered too for me!! I just begin with earbuds and **** is a ''brand'' that worth be checking out. Did you try the FAAEAL 64Ohm? Really impressive stuff indeed.

Nop i only tried the monk plus and my next buy will be the Qian 39. If my laptop can handle the mic from my LG Quadbeat 2 then i will also buy the Urbanfun.

Oct 23, 2016 at 10:16 PM Post #1,459 of 31,833
I've been enjoying the Joyroom E107s...... in fact, they have become my "falling asleep" IEMs, because they are small and comfy enough to allow me to rest my head on a pillow. 
smile.gif
  However, the tips that came with them don't seem to fit very well - they get stuck in my ears.  When pull out the IEMs after my playlist is done, the tips stay in my ears and I have to dig them out. 
confused_face.gif

Is this a common issue with these?  I have some Spinfits on order; hoping they will work better.

Oct 23, 2016 at 11:20 PM Post #1,460 of 31,833

What do you mean by the UES being slightly dark? I find them to be as great as you mentioned, just with a very balanced sound. Great clear highs and good mids. More highs than the UE900s. My UE900s sound veiled in comparison.

​Yeah, the sound is very balanced and treble is great without being agressive, I find the sound to be on the warm side, easy to listen and non-fatiguing without being too dull sounding because the highs are sparkling too, very interesting soundsignature that grow on you. 
We talk about UE Dual Driver Hybrid right?
Anyway, i'm not finish to test them, i'm sure they will open up with more than 20h burn in (I burn-in-in-my-ears).

I use a silver plated cable with them that is very nice....the Tingo one...just 8$ and I prefer them to the one with ear-hook design. Anybody searching for a MMCX cheap upgrade should check this really nice cable on Ali!

I'm interested in the Tingo cable, do you have a link to the seller you purchased form?

Oct 23, 2016 at 11:51 PM Post #1,461 of 31,833
Does anyone know wooden IEM that can be great for wooden instrument based music? I am keen to get JVC FX series but the price is quite expensive and would like to try Chinese one if there is a great wooden IEM. Thank you..

Oct 24, 2016 at 12:20 AM Post #1,462 of 31,833
  Does anyone know wooden IEM that can be great for wooden instrument based music? I am keen to get JVC FX series but the price is quite expensive and would like to try Chinese one if there is a great wooden IEM. Thank you..

I've got two different wooden body IEMs, and they both have a good, balanced sound:

BossHiFi B3, Ebony wood (~$30) - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-Newest-Dynamic-and-Armature-2-unit-Wood-Headphones-HIFI-Ebony-Moving-Iron-Coil-In-Ear/32523743674.html
Tingjie R4, Ebony or Rosewood (~85) - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-R4-4in1-In-Ear-Earphone-Dynamic-BA-Hybrid-Drive-Unit-DIY-Handmade-Earphone-HiFi-earphone/32730164804.html

Take Care,
David Baldock

Oct 24, 2016 at 12:31 AM Post #1,463 of 31,833

Thank you. Is B3 v shaped sound sig? I read here in HeadFi that the nozzle is facing the wrong way. Instead of facing outward like most other IEM, it is facing inward, making it a little awkward to wear. Is this correct?

Oct 24, 2016 at 12:31 AM Post #1,464 of 31,833

Not all wood are created equally. Most wooden IEM is just typical BA/dynamic driver with wooden housing, JVC FX series actually use dynamic driver with special wood composite diaphragm, the housing is actually brass with an outer wood layer (*for the look, not the sound). They are not the same thing and certainly doesn't sound  similar. JVC is expensive for a good reason.

Oct 24, 2016 at 12:34 AM Post #1,465 of 31,833

Not all wood are created equally. Most wooden IEM is just typical BA/dynamic driver with wooden housing, JVC FX series actually use dynamic driver with special wood composite diaphragm, the housing is actually brass with an outer wood layer (*for the look, not the sound). They are not the same thing and certainly doesn't sound  similar. JVC is expensive for a good reason.

I see. Did not realise that JVC FX series has diaphragm made of wood. Better keep saving and get JVC instead. Thank you for those information...

Oct 24, 2016 at 12:37 AM Post #1,466 of 31,833

Thank you. Is B3 v shaped sound sig? I read here in HeadFi that the nozzle is facing the wrong way. Instead of facing outward like most other IEM, it is facing inward, making it a little awkward to wear. Is this correct?

The B3 may be slightly V-shaped, but the Midrange is nearly as strong as the Tennmak Pro.  The Tennmak has more Bass, but the B3 seems more balanced overall.
The B3 nozzles are tilted the wrong way, but the earphone is so small and smooth, that inserting it to get a comfortable seal isn't a problem for me.

Oct 24, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #1,467 of 31,833
  I'm interested in the Tingo cable, do you have a link to the seller you purchased form?

This is the seller I bought from, take about 2 weeks to receive it. The one that fit is SE215 version.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Tingo-1-25m-16-Shares-5N-Silver-Plated-Earphone-Cables-Headphone-Line-Wire-HIFI-Headset-Line/32718958325.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.dgTcbV
You can find it even cheaper than there....will try to order it from here for exemple:https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Tingo-1-25M-16-Shares-5N-Silver-Plated-Earphone-Cables-Headphones-Wire-HIFI-Headset-Line/32752367959.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.295.WOrEIF

Note that this cable look a little fragile....but they look so good too and bend over the ear like the Westone ES2 original cable I love so much.

Oct 24, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #1,468 of 31,833
**** UE Custom DD with Tingo silver plated cable:

**** UES CUSTOM DD+BA drivers with Tingo silver cable:

PICS TO NOURRISH AUDIOPHILE IMAGINATION!!

Oct 24, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #1,469 of 31,833
Give the ZS3 another chance with a few different tips. Once you hit the sweet spot they're really pretty nice.

Edit: sorry, reply meant for Nympho

​What tips do you use and like the best??

One thing sure, memory foam isn't meant for them...and most of custom like earshell...I feel that more the drivers are near your eardrum more you get fuller sound complexity.
Will give them another try for sure....
But right now i'm on the Tennmak Piano and **** UES dual drivers compulsive listening sessions
wink_face.gif

Oct 24, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #1,470 of 31,833
Haha nothing
I'm sorry for the late reply, I'm not following this thread regularly.

The Lancea is rated to draw 10-70mA. From my experience with the HifiMe and Lancea I'd guess that the Lancea draw maximum 50% of the HifiMe.....

Your post the other day reminded me that I still haven't published me Zuperdac review so I'm actually working on it right now and should have it up in a couple of hours. My memory was wrong (as always) about the sound difference but I'm making comparisons for the review right now and will have it all done very soon.

Personally I definitely prefer the sound of the HifiMe over the Zuperdac but the form factor is better on the Zuperdac imo.

Haha nothing to apologize for. Definitely will be looking towards to your review, and don't forget to compare similar usb dacs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back