CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 20, 2016 at 5:56 AM Post #1,426 of 31,833
Is it iPhone buttons or Android?

You could get any MMCX IEM and buy an iPhone specific cable. There's also the Tennmak BT cable for the gym. There's some great budget IEMs with that cable fitting which are well under the $100 mark.

I know the 1More (Triple, Capsule) are iPhone/Android compatible. The BK50 also have three buttons which work with the iPhone. 

I have Samsung S7, so android.

Im trying to find the aforementioned cable ("bt") but not much luck. At first I was very eager to order 1more e1001 but reviews told they don't stay in ear too well (not that I don't refit my senna every 5minutes..) due to weight/size. Also bass was on the more analytical side? So I'm just looking what else is there.

Did you mean Tennmak Pro? They seemed to have that cable type.

Worth mentioned that I normally wear my plugs the "normal" way. Just recently I tried over the ear way because I lost a silicone and only had small left which are even better like that.

Oct 20, 2016 at 6:35 AM Post #1,427 of 31,833
1More triple are a good earphone but probably not gym material, the C1002 Capsules might be better though.

The BT Cable is the bluetooth one, sorry bad habit of mine to abbreviate that: -

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Tennmak-MMCX-Bluetooth-4-1-Cable-Detachable-Cable-for-Tennmak-PRO-Piano-SE215-SE315-SE425-SE535/32743693143.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.AACtX7

You'd be able to pair that up with any MMCX IEM. The 1More stuff especially the Triples are not shy of bass, quite the opposite in fact.

Oct 20, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #1,428 of 31,833
I just got the FiiO EX1s and if anyone doesn't know already, they're literally just rebranded Dunu Titan 1s for a smaller price. Same everything.
I'll be honest with you, I wasn't expecting these to be half as good as they are. The sound quality is shocking. I haven't done any in depth analysis but the clarity is probably on par with my little etymotic ek5s(the cheaper ones). But with much better bass extension and depth. Also way more comfortable too!

They really are incredible, the value is there in droves. 

Oct 20, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #1,429 of 31,833
So, I'm a newbie here. I just wanted to know what would be a great extra earphone to have. I'm currently using xiaomi pistons v3 because of the generally positive reviews and i think they sound better than my previous soundmagic e10's. I'm not very technical though so i don;t know much haha.
I'm choosing over so many iem's haha
1. Tennmak pro
2. Tennmak banjo
3. VE monk plus
4. brainwavz jive
5. vjjb k4s
6. kz atr
7. kz ate
8. kz zs3
9. auglamour rx1
10. pai audio dr1
11. tfz series 1
12. auglamour r8
btw, i'm from the philippines and i don't know how to buy from gearbest, aliexpress etc. haha i have so much to learn still haha. what do you think are the top 5 best earphones in the list? hahaha.

Oct 20, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #1,430 of 31,833
So, I'm a newbie here. I just wanted to know what would be a great extra earphone to have. I'm currently using xiaomi pistons v3 because of the generally positive reviews and i think they sound better than my previous soundmagic e10's. I'm not very technical though so i don;t know much haha.
1. Tennmak pro
2. Tennmak banjo
3. VE monk plus
4. brainwavz jive
5. vjjb k4s
6. kz atr
7. kz ate
8. kz zs3
9. auglamour rx1
10. pai audio dr1
11. tfz series 1
12. auglamour r8
btw, i'm from the philippines and i don't know how to buy from gearbest, aliexpress etc. haha i have so much to learn still haha. what do you think are the top 5 best earphones in the list? hahaha.
You're missing ones from ****, LZ and Havi

Oct 20, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #1,431 of 31,833
unfortunately they don't offer it at the shop where i buy my earphones. as far as i know, ****, lz and havi is not that well known here. i don;t know if there's a shop that offers those brands here. i am having doubts on ordering online because i need to see and hear the product first before i buy haha.

Oct 20, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #1,432 of 31,833
  unfortunately they don't offer it at the shop where i buy my earphones. as far as i know, ****, lz and havi is not that well known here. i don;t know if there's a shop that offers those brands here. i am having doubts on ordering online because i need to see and hear the product first before i buy haha.

You should add TFZ Series 3/3S, definitely worth the extra money over the Series 1 for more clarity.

Oct 20, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #1,433 of 31,833
1. Tennmak pro
2. Tennmak banjo
3. VE monk plus
4. brainwavz jive
5. vjjb k4s
6. kz atr
7. kz ate
8. kz zs3
9. auglamour rx1
10. pai audio dr1
11. tfz series 1
12. auglamour r8

Of the ones I've heard on your list

Monk Plus -  for it's price is a very solid performer, and is highly recommended by almost everyone, easily the best value for cost for many that own it.  It can feel a little analytical and not oriented towards a fun signature depending on tastes
KZ ATE - for me wasn't that enjoyable except when I boosted the bass a ton on it, and then you have a basshead IEM
KS ZS3 - I found to be a lot of fun, and has a decent fit.  I personally feel it's value is really great, plus the detachable cables at it's cost is a lovely feature
Auglamour RX1 - very proficient with vocal based music, but can be a bit boring if you're after bass, also includes a very impressive set of accessories
Pai Audio DR1 - While it's a fun sounding IEM with detachable cables and a good look depending on the design you get, I feel it's value doens't hold up against IEMs like the ZS3, Tennmak Piano, or VSonic VSD3

If you can audition every item on your list, I think that'll help you more than any advice we can give.  Just bring whatever you'd listen to them on, and see what you like.  Even if it's something everyone else hates, as long as you like it, that's all that matters

Oct 20, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #1,434 of 31,833
1. Tennmak pro
2. Tennmak banjo
3. VE monk plus
4. brainwavz jive
5. vjjb k4s
6. kz atr
7. kz ate
8. kz zs3
9. auglamour rx1
10. pai audio dr1
11. tfz series 1
12. auglamour r8

Can confirm that the KZ ZS3 is a really fun listen with surprising soundstage.

Oct 20, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #1,438 of 31,833
  1More triple are a good earphone but probably not gym material, the C1002 Capsules might be better though.

The BT Cable is the bluetooth one, sorry bad habit of mine to abbreviate that: -

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Tennmak-MMCX-Bluetooth-4-1-Cable-Detachable-Cable-for-Tennmak-PRO-Piano-SE215-SE315-SE425-SE535/32743693143.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.AACtX7

You'd be able to pair that up with any MMCX IEM. The 1More stuff especially the Triples are not shy of bass, quite the opposite in fact.

Thanks, I figured as much and ended up checking that cable out. No aptx though.

I got tired and I think I did a decent compromise: I just ordered ADVANCED Model 3's. M4 had a lot of praise and M3 should be better, they have removable cable, come with bluetooth AND usual wire and should fare well against Se215 review wise. All in all I was eager to end the long lasting "which model should I buy" thread for me and these should be honest.

Oct 20, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #1,439 of 31,833
Thank you so much for your responses :) highly appreciated :) the problem here is it's kind of not that cheap when ordered online or maybe it's just me haha. tennmak pro is 37 dollars when converted, zs3 is 21 dollars and so on. btw the shop has new iem's inclusing brainwavz jive, m5, xf200, delta silver and kz ed9. Are they good? they also sell mandarine foam tips. 

Oct 20, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #1,440 of 31,833

Thanks, I figured as much and ended up checking that cable out. No aptx though.

I got tired and I think I did a decent compromise: I just ordered ADVANCED Model 3's. M4 had a lot of praise and M3 should be better, they have removable cable, come with bluetooth AND usual wire and should fare well against Se215 review wise. All in all I was eager to end the long lasting "which model should I buy" thread for me and these should be honest.

You won't regret that decision. The Model 3 is pretty freakin' good. 

They are lookers too. That's not the stock cable btw.

@dale147
 The Brainwavz Jive is a very fun, high energy earphone with excellent clarity for a budget set. The ATR is a great all-around pick and imo invalidates the need for the ATE. They have the same signature but the ATR provides incremental improvements. The Monk + is a no-brainer and you should get that along with whatever else you buy. A good, cheap earbud is always nice to have handy since they don't require messing around to get a seal before you can experience good sound. Does your purchasing location carry the VJJB K2S? Those are an awesome little micro-driver earphone with a very versatile sound and great build quality. Worthy of consideration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back