CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 14, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #1,411 of 31,833

Which one is better?

I tested these with Foobar2000 > XDuoo XD-05, listening to a variety of tracks and genres.  I listed to the E107s first.  They are a tad on the bright side.  These are not for bassheads, though the bass is present and clear on with hip hop (Kendrick Lamar's "King Kunta", for example).  Overall, these are accurate IEMs and have a remarkably detailed sound for the price.  The drums in Metallica's "One" are precise and crisp.  The soundstage is average, maybe even on the smaller size.

The first thing I noticed when switching to the E109s is that at the same volume settings these are much louder than the E107s.  The soundstage is wider and the bass more pronounced.  However, on "One" and some of the other tracks I listened to that are busy, the E109s have a sloppier response.  The E109s I received look cool:  they are a bright magenta, and have a neat black and magenta cord.

If you prefer a more analytical sound, the E107s are the way to go.  If you are looking for an inexpensive set of IEMs with a fun sound and look, the E109s are a good choice.

They are both good choices, though I will probably keep the E107s for home use and bring the E109s to work where I'm not listening critically (because I am supposed to be working.) 
wink_face.gif

Oct 15, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #1,412 of 31,833
Hi!

First, thanks for this great post.
Then, I'm looking for a new IEM that replaces my previous Brainwavz M2 with 5 years of great sound (for me, I'm not an audiophile) because one of the earphones stopped working.

What do you think guys fit best for me for about $10-15?
I listen to rap and RnB music.

Thanks in advance!

Oct 15, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #1,413 of 31,833
Hi!

First, thanks for this great post.
Then, I'm looking for a new IEM that replaces my previous Brainwavz M2 with 5 years of great sound (for me, I'm not an audiophile) because one of the earphones stopped working.

What do you think guys fit best for me for about $10-15?
I listen to rap and RnB music.

Thanks in advance!

At that range I'd recommend the Somic V4 iems. I think they can be had for $15, I'm not 100% sure though.

Oct 17, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #1,416 of 31,833
Hey, I need some help here. Could someone suggest me a DAP. The criteria I am looking out for is as follows:
On a really tight budget hence, I will need to get one preferably at 100USD and below. I know there are some threads out there able to assist me, but those threads have made me more confused instead.

( I am currently considering the Colorfly C3, or the FiiO X1. Is anyone able to provide me with a comparison amongst the two. If you guys have any suggestions other than the two, I would really appreciate it. )

This is the Earphones sub-forum.
You may want to post your question in the Portable Source Gear sub-forum - http://www.head-fi.org/f/15/portable-source-gear

Oct 17, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #1,418 of 31,833
  hi. Sorry for asking this here... between the Tennmak Pro, the MEE M6 Pro and the New Vsonic VSD3S, which one is better? I mean in terms of value, build and sound quality. Thanks in advance for your time

I can only answer for the Tennmak Pro - they really sound great for a USD$23.00 earphone.  I've had mine in all day at work today, connected to my Nexus 5, streaming ThistleRadio using the TuneIn app.  They're well made, and low profile, so sleeping with them is comfortable.

Take Care,
David

Oct 17, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #1,419 of 31,833
  hi. Sorry for asking this here... between the Tennmak Pro, the MEE M6 Pro and the New Vsonic VSD3S, which one is better? I mean in terms of value, build and sound quality. Thanks in advance for your time

I'm pretty sure the Tennmak and the Mee are basically FOTM. Vsonic, on the other hand is established as a good budget choice. I have (had the vsd1s) vsd2 and Vsd3s and they all sound way better (maybe not so much the vsd2) than many of the budget IEMs I tried. Highly recommended.

Oct 18, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #1,420 of 31,833

I have the mee and the tenmmak pros and would definitely choose the Tennmak pros. The mids of the mee m6 pro are too recessed for me.

Haven't heard the vsd3s.

Oct 18, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #1,421 of 31,833
I'm pretty sure the Tennmak and the Mee are basically FOTM. Vsonic, on the other hand is established as a good budget choice. I have (had the vsd1s) vsd2 and Vsd3s and they all sound way better (maybe not so much the vsd2) than many of the budget IEMs I tried. Highly recommended.

FWIW Mee Audio is an established, U.S. company and the M6 Pro has been around awhile.

Oct 18, 2016 at 11:32 AM Post #1,422 of 31,833
thanks for all your feedback. In the end, after reading a couple of reviews (OP included) I decided to order a Tennmak Pro plus extra cable and a couple of foam tips. Spent less than buying the VSD3S/M6 Pro, so I'm happy with that. When they arrive I'll leave my impressions here :)

Oct 20, 2016 at 1:59 AM Post #1,423 of 31,833
Has anyone else tried the TingJie R4 (4in1)?

It's a 16Ω hybrid model, containing 1x Dynamic Driver, plus 1x Balanced Armature Driver, assembled in either a Rosewood or
Ebony housing, with a MMCX connector.
I ordered the Ebony model, and they arrived at the end of last week.

When I first connected them to my Micro iDSD, I was immediately impressed with the wide open sound-stage and "out of my head"
listening experience, even with the iDSD's 3D expansion switch turned off.

The Mids and Highs are clear and balanced, but the Bass seemed a bit weak, compared to my other recent earphone purchases, 
which all cost ~1/3 the amount of the R4. After several extended listening sessions over the weekend, and using them with my phone
(Nexus 5) at work all day today, it's apparent that the quantity and quality of Bass has improved noticeably.  They don't have the 
Sub-Bass impact of the more V-shaped earphones, but the balance of Bass / Mids / Highs seems more natural to me.

Take Care,
David Baldock

Oct 20, 2016 at 3:23 AM Post #1,424 of 31,833
Hi guys. Been checking the foorum without user for years but now I DO need some advice...

My currently Iem is Sennheiser Momentum, my last was Soundmagic E10. 70% of the time I listen Electronic stuff (bass oriented music for gym), 30% is natural instruments (jazz to Buble to retro hits). My sennheiser has volume buttons which I really dig now (next track function during workout).

Now my question is: are there any decent build quality iem's which come with buttons, come with a few silicones (perhaps even foam? Never tried) and sound nice?
Budget is up to the magical 100 usd/euro.
Thanks in advance!

Oct 20, 2016 at 5:36 AM Post #1,425 of 31,833
Hi guys. Been checking the foorum without user for years but now I DO need some advice...

My currently Iem is Sennheiser Momentum, my last was Soundmagic E10. 70% of the time I listen Electronic stuff (bass oriented music for gym), 30% is natural instruments (jazz to Buble to retro hits). My sennheiser has volume buttons which I really dig now (next track function during workout).

Now my question is: are there any decent build quality iem's which come with buttons, come with a few silicones (perhaps even foam? Never tried) and sound nice?
Budget is up to the magical 100 usd/euro.
Thanks in advance!

Is it iPhone buttons or Android?

You could get any MMCX IEM and buy an iPhone specific cable. There's also the Tennmak BT cable for the gym. There's some great budget IEMs with that cable fitting which are well under the $100 mark.

I know the 1More (Triple, Capsule) are iPhone/Android compatible. The BK50 also have three buttons which work with the iPhone. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back