CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 10, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #1,501 of 31,833
I'm looking for 2 Decent headphones.
1 in-ear, 1 over-ear.
For the over-ear i'm looking at the isk mdh9000

For in-ear i'm still considering 2 options:

The VJJB K4 K4S and the **** DT2 i800

Can someone shine a light on these. Or suggest something better.

I'm new to the forums so any advice is welcome.

VJJB K4 is a very well made, warm sounding IEM with above average sound quality.

The **** DT2 is a hybrid (dual driver), it's sound is similar to the 4in1 with smoother treble and a little less sound stage. They're built like a tank in the main, they have a detachable cable. I would put them in the tier above the K4 in terms of sound quality.

Others that others have posted good reviews in here: -

* Urbanfun Hybrid
* Kinera BD05
* Vivo XE800
* KZ ATR/E and KZ ZS3
* Tennmak Pros (Dual Dynamic)
* **** UEs
* **** 4in1

There's a few new earphones that we are waiting for the first reviews of - Xiaomi Pro, **** DT2plus (both triple driver hybrids), Tennmak Cello.

Others may have more suggestions

Nov 10, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #1,502 of 31,833
Thanks for the quick en useful reply Vidal. I just spotted the Crazy Cello myself.
Although they cost twice as much as the DT2's I'm considering them.

Stupid question what does hybrid mean?

Any thoughts about the over-ears? I seem to find more info about in-ears then over-ears.

Nov 10, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #1,503 of 31,833

VJJB K4 is a very well made, warm sounding IEM with above average sound quality.

The **** DT2 is a hybrid (dual driver), it's sound is similar to the 4in1 with smoother treble and a little less sound stage. They're built like a tank in the main, they have a detachable cable. I would put them in the tier above the K4 in terms of sound quality.

Others that others have posted good reviews in here: -

* Urbanfun Hybrid
* Kinera BD05
* Vivo XE800
* KZ ATR/E and KZ ZS3
* Tennmak Pros (Dual Dynamic)
* **** UEs
* **** 4in1

There's a few new earphones that we are waiting for the first reviews of - Xiaomi Pro, **** DT2plus (both triple driver hybrids), Tennmak Cello.

Others may have more suggestions

vidal, i'm winnowing down my 11.11 list (expecting a post-trump recession)--is the **** vt66 essential? any opinion on either the k1 or the pmva01?

Nov 10, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #1,505 of 31,833
vidal, i'm winnowing down my 11.11 list (expecting a post-trump recession)--is the **** vt66 essential? any opinion on either the k1 or the pmva01?

FWIW I find the PMV A-01mk2 to be on a different level level than the K1 but as always ymmw.....

Nov 10, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #1,506 of 31,833
I'm looking for 2 Decent headphones.
1 in-ear, 1 over-ear.
For the over-ear i'm looking at the isk mdh9000

For in-ear i'm still considering 2 options:

The VJJB K4 K4S and the **** DT2 i800

Can someone shine a light on these. Or suggest something better.

I'm new to the forums so any advice is welcome.

Must admit, I got the VJJB K4 ages ago but just realised i haven't given them much of a listen. Big bass, punchy and goes low, not as dominating as i remember. They've actually got decent amount of detail, quite fun to listen too. Probably recommend the KZ ATR (good balance, very detailed sound for it's price) or KZ ATE (big controlled fun bass, big soundstage, vocals are great and up front).

You got specific music you listen to?

Nov 10, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #1,507 of 31,833
  Hi everyone!

I am DJ/Producer looking for some quality under 100$ IEM for work. Something with 2-3 drivers like Westone UM2/UM or Shure 535. I currently own Sennheiser HD 25 for past 10 years and I adore them. I prefer clarity of high and mid notes over bass. I need clear bass just for reference as in club environment it's pointless. Something from Aliexpress or any other China site. 

I hope you can help and my apologies for not wanting to read previous 99 pages to figure it out. If you have any questions, let me know. Thanks for help!

If you are looking at bigger brands like Shure or Westone, I'd easily recommend the Fidue A73. You may have to stretch your budget a little tho? It's beautifully balanced, with bass present but NEVER over baring and dominating. perfect build for club environment. it's a well controlled bass with excellent resolution. It's the mids and highs that make it what it is. VERY detailed sound, nothing gets lost in the mix, wide soundstage. Probably got some of the most detailed and clear highs I've heard. Personally though i like bigger bass so it wasn't for me.

I'm guessing isolation must be critical for your usage?

Nov 10, 2016 at 7:16 PM Post #1,508 of 31,833
Hi guys, today I have heard that there are plenty of promotion on aliexpress. Can anyone suggest an earbud to buy ? I'm a fan of nature soundsignature. Recently, I owned PK1, RX-1 and kz ed 9(good in ear but it is hurting my ears) . Any earbud with price less than 100 is suitable the most. 

Nov 11, 2016 at 1:15 AM Post #1,513 of 31,833
@Lurk650
please compare it to the D2

I have over 200hrs on the D2, so a bit unfair but the treble isn't as peaky on the Moni. It's aggressive still but not as aggressive. Has more bass and better coherency between the bass and treble.

D2 I use white filter, with Large Auvio Tips with a spacer so the tips don't go as far down the nozzle, also use a silver plated cable with them. These have no filter. I use Kombi tips from Trinity Audio. The housing is more solid on the Moni.

Nov 11, 2016 at 3:58 AM Post #1,514 of 31,833
  If you are looking at bigger brands like Shure or Westone, I'd easily recommend the Fidue A73. You may have to stretch your budget a little tho? It's beautifully balanced, with bass present but NEVER over baring and dominating. perfect build for club environment. it's a well controlled bass with excellent resolution. It's the mids and highs that make it what it is. VERY detailed sound, nothing gets lost in the mix, wide soundstage. Probably got some of the most detailed and clear highs I've heard. Personally though i like bigger bass so it wasn't for me.

I'm guessing isolation must be critical for your usage?

Hi. Thanks a lot for reply. Form your description they look exactly as something I would like to hear. Yes isolation is crucial. I probably will use some foam ear-buds. If you have other brands in mind, please feel free to share. 

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back