CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 11, 2016 at 8:56 AM Post #1,516 of 31,833
so... since I'm a bit unsure about what stores are actually "safe" to buy from other than the linked ones. There is always the store that is not to be mentioned, but I would rather order from other sources if possible. Anyone have a key set of go to stores on aliexpress that they would like to share?

Nov 11, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #1,517 of 31,833
so... since I'm a bit unsure about what stores are actually "safe" to buy from other than the linked ones. There is always the store that is not to be mentioned, but I would rather order from other sources if possible. Anyone have a key set of go to stores on aliexpress that they would like to share?

i personally haven't had a problem with the tennmak technology, ak audio or nice hck, altho some folks have complained of late about hck.
i ended up getting the moni one and pmv a01 today, since i don't have any triple drivers. i dunno if more drivers necessarily makes for better sound, but time will tell...

Nov 11, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #1,518 of 31,833
Anything in the sub $25 category that strikes people as really durable? My son keeps wrecking his earbuds after  2-3 months. He's not that particular about sound quality, anything with a bit of a v-shape should be fine.

Nov 11, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #1,519 of 31,833
Anything in the sub $25 category that strikes people as really durable? My son keeps wrecking his earbuds after  2-3 months. He's not that particular about sound quality, anything with a bit of a v-shape should be fine.

It's hard to argue with the KZ at that price. The ZS3 and ATE would be good and I've heard good things about the ATR. On sale you could get multiple pairs for under $20.

Nov 11, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #1,520 of 31,833

Never had an issue with the store personally. Order everything from him. HCK has been bad to people lately apparently, saying things are shipped when they don't even have stock

Nov 12, 2016 at 1:03 AM Post #1,521 of 31,833

The KZ ATR! It is a improved version of the ATE, just released this year. 

Nov 12, 2016 at 1:07 AM Post #1,522 of 31,833
  Hi everyone!

I am DJ/Producer looking for some quality under 100$ IEM for work. Something with 2-3 drivers like Westone UM2/UM or Shure 535. I currently own Sennheiser HD 25 for past 10 years and I adore them. I prefer clarity of high and mid notes over bass. I need clear bass just for reference as in club environment it's pointless. Something from Aliexpress or any other China site. 

I hope you can help and my apologies for not wanting to read previous 99 pages to figure it out. If you have any questions, let me know. Thanks for help!

Hi! Actually if you can get your hands on the demo the ATH-E40's dynamic drivers in push-pull config have accuracy rivalling some BAs. Also fits the sound signature you wanted.

For the Shure 535 get the LTD. For Audio Technica the IM02 is decent but there is also the IM03 and the LS200 which is rumoured to be better than the IM02.

Coming from cans best would be to try demos if possible. Also for BA earphones it is important to get a good fit with earbuds etc if not the sound will be affected, especially bass control and quantity for BAs.

Nov 12, 2016 at 2:59 AM Post #1,523 of 31,833
i personally haven't had a problem with the tennmak technology, ak audio or nice hck, altho some folks have complained of late about hck.

HCK used to be really good but the dispatch slowed up quite considerably. Then there was the 4in1 debacle, it was like he was selling stock he never actually had and then couldn't ship on time.

I've dealt with AK a few times in the main they've been fairly good.

Tennmak are fairly decent as well, quick dispatch and Tony seems to reply to any questions fairly quickly.

VE are also very good.

I have used other suppliers but not frequently enough to say with any degree of confidence about how reliable they are.

Nov 13, 2016 at 1:41 AM Post #1,525 of 31,833
Took the plunge on the Tennmak Crazy Cello like a few here it seems. Was looking for a more mid-centric iem so hoping this may fit the bill due to some of the reviews here.
Sort of a companion to my Shockwave 3s which are incredible for the price but was looking for a bit more in the mids. (not saying the SW3 lacks them but was wanting more of a compliment iem to them when i want to listen to more mid-focused music).
Originally planned to to go DZ7 or DZ9 but just couldn't justify the price so went to the bargain bin and am hoping the Crazy Cello will be the one.

Nov 13, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #1,526 of 31,833
i ended up getting the moni one and pmv a01 today, since i don't have any triple drivers. i dunno if more drivers necessarily makes for better sound, but time will tell...
HCK used to be really good but the dispatch slowed up quite considerably. Then there was the 4in1 debacle, it was like he was selling stock he never actually had and then couldn't ship on time.

I've dealt with AK a few times in the main they've been fairly good.

Tennmak are fairly decent as well, quick dispatch and Tony seems to reply to any questions fairly quickly.

VE are also very good.

I have used other suppliers but not frequently enough to say with any degree of confidence about how reliable they are.

Great, thanks for the suggestions. Those are definitely going in to my favourite list on aliexpress. As for the other store that shall not be named (It's starting to feel a bit like Harry Potter, mentioning stuff without mentioning them :p )... anyway it's not been a problem for me using it, I would just like to have the option to link to my purchases and so on at head-fi.

Nov 13, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #1,527 of 31,833
I got my DT2plus today, early thoughts are they're darker and don't have the same soundstage as the 4in1. I've only tried them with my phone so far will give them a blast on the aegis later.

I'll need a bit more time with them to finalise my full verdict though

Nov 13, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #1,528 of 31,833

The KZ ATR! It is a improved version of the ATE, just released this year. 

I wouldn't say the ATR is an improved version of the ATE as they don't share the same signature. the ATE is big on bass, buttery smooth forward vocals. The ATR is way more balanced and much more detailed. Both excellent though.

Nov 13, 2016 at 5:23 PM Post #1,529 of 31,833

Hi. Thanks a lot for reply. Form your description they look exactly as something I would like to hear. Yes isolation is crucial. I probably will use some foam ear-buds. If you have other brands in mind, please feel free to share. 

Foams work very well with them, it's what i used. I know you're looking for more than one driver... but Yamaha EPH-100 also fit your sound perfectly and they have excellent isolation. Mids and highs are very detailed, especially highs. Crystal clear. Bass has excellent resolution too, punchy and fast. Doesn't dominate either and is well behaved. Can go deep when required.

Nov 13, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #1,530 of 31,833
  I wouldn't say the ATR is an improved version of the ATE as they don't share the same signature. the ATE is big on bass, buttery smooth forward vocals. The ATR is way more balanced and much more detailed. Both excellent though.

Hi, I think it depends on your fit as when I got a good fit for both, the signature isn't actually very far apart. The ATR's bass is actually almost the same level just it isn't so boomy as the ATE, more precise. The trebles are also less grainy. So while both are good I think the ATR really nailed it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back