CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 16, 2018 at 10:56 PM Post #13,157 of 31,845
Thank you to @durwood for loaning me a 2nd pair of TRN v80 to listen to. I have posted my review to my blog and still think it is a potentialy great iem marred by sub-par treble. Too bad too because it really has a lot of good points.

I think for me I listen to them typically at mid volume, the bass and midrange fit my desired signature and I love the fit, very comfortable for me. I think that is why I overlook the just good treble. These are opposite of the ZS6, I can only listen to them at low volume, and the V80 makes me want to turn it up a bit. Glad you were able to finish up your review.

I received my BQEYZ K2C last week, I have been having trouble keeping them in my ears with any of my tips. The stock mediums did not work, the KZ starline mediums were not much better. The TRN stock mediums were better, but still had to continually push them in. I decided to try the stock large tips, and they now stay in place. I was getting annoyed because I really wanted these to work. I have to agree with Otto Motor's review of these. These are bit different than some of my other IEM's because the lower bass just makes appearances from time to time. Tips tips tips, though on these.

Also, I know it has been mentioned by those with more experience measuring IEM's how insertion depth can affect the upper treble spike. I had not noticed it that much until I was trying to measure the K2C. See attached graphs. I really want to come up with a more consistent way to measure, I was only casually measuring before for comparison purposes and to figure out what I like best. Below is my first measurement (L+R), then a shallow insertion, followed by original measurement (stock tips) and the TRN tip with a deeper insertion.

BQEYZ K2C.png BQEYZ K2C-shallow.png BQEYZ K2C-TRN Tip deeper insertion vs stock tip.png

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2018 at 11:44 PM Post #13,158 of 31,845
Why does the design make you think the T6 is bad?

I don't know if the T6 is good or not. I only compared it to the T8 because both have the same dual micro drivers and roughly a similar design. But obviously they use a different shell (so could sound quite different), and the tuning of the 2 models could be different.

Sep 17, 2018 at 8:14 AM Post #13,160 of 31,845
After spending one week with the AS10, i can only say they are the best IEM i have in my arsenal right now. They are the most natural sounding IEM i have, and they do everything with ease (except fit wise its an issue). They also have the biggest soundstage (learnt from the chinese IEM thread today), suoer nice.

Anw the Hifi Walker A1, like @mbwilson111 said, their highs can be a touch too hot, but OOTB they are really good at the lower ends for me so i didnt do @Otto Motor's front vent mod.

Anw since i got another coupon for my local online shop, i just threw $7 for the TRN V20 since it had prettygood reviews previously.

Sep 17, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #13,162 of 31,845
Sep 17, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #13,165 of 31,845
From massdrop's description: "extended high frequency and an enhanced low frequency"
Me: nooooooooooooooo...why unbalance a finely balanced masterpiece...

That’s the same meaningless generic marketing mumbo jumbo that every manufacturer says about every audio product ever made. Just ignore that description.

There were already FR graphs posted that show the exact changes made. Sub bass, bass, etc is 100% exactly the same. All they changed was a bit more in the treble region.

If you need me to find the posts and reviews that explain it all, lemme know.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #13,166 of 31,845
That’s the same meaningless generic marketing mumbo jumbo that every manufacturer says about every audio product ever made. Just ignore that description.

There were already FR graphs posted that show the exact changes made. Sub bass, bass, etc is 100% exactly the same. All they changed was a bit more in the treble region.

If you need me to find the posts and reviews that explain it all, lemme know.

Yeah, I hate that marketing crap. All I need to know is if it's more audiophile.

LOL

Sep 17, 2018 at 2:51 PM Post #13,167 of 31,845
Yeah, I hate that marketing crap. All I need to know is if it's more audiophile.

LOL
less bass more treble = more audiophile

LOL

Sep 17, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #13,168 of 31,845
bosshifi b3 is an example of neutral iem all frequencies are balanced but high mids are slight touch dominant

How's the bass on these... I love wooden housing and finally got my Aliexpress account to work lol. £20 so tempted

Sep 17, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #13,170 of 31,845

LOL

Well, I wouldn’t rely on a sales blurb from Massdrop to tell me that either haha

Just wait for a few more HeadFi members to get it - then you’ll get the real story with out some sales spin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back