CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 19, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #13,186 of 31,845
Poster says 1 dynamic, 4 balanced armatures. Purity of sound in all 3 areas, astounding bass.

Should be interesting.

Ah, so they removed the small micro driver to make room for 2 BAs in its place. Very cool!

Sep 19, 2018 at 2:34 PM Post #13,188 of 31,845
Was considering t2, I end up ordering the old single ba Sony xba 1 for 25 lol. GE's measurement looks good, similar to ath-im02 actually but no treble above 12k.

I've had those. They were nothing special. Extremely mid-centric.

Sep 19, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #13,189 of 31,845
zs7?

4W9ZxcMWxi-kXijM51v-S49c1RJGNzIyifC0T2TOzogcXR9wtI5Ih-tmGZjDo2XkMUm8RXLfzf0hkgr3og=w1000-no-tmp.jpg
Oh well....AS10 on hold now.
Was not a fan of copying the andromedas, especially since the form factor was very difficult on my ears during the first weeks. After a month or two, and now a year's of use, they don't swivel about and are comfy. I'm now a fan.
If this KZ7 has as good of a soundstage as the KZ5/AS10, I'm all ears :)

Sep 19, 2018 at 4:09 PM Post #13,190 of 31,845
Any non-over ears cheapos that are worth buying as gifts to people that treat their IEMs like a hippo would?
I've tried replaceable wires, but after a 2nd replacement, they end up breaking the IEM after a year....:triportsad:
ED9 from KZ came to mind, but there might be new comers that I'm not aware of. Please advise :)

Sep 19, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #13,192 of 31,845
I've been listening to the ZS4. It looks glorious in red. Fit is an issue for me personally and I can foresee a lot of people having issues with it. But some might find it very comfortable because of the way the shell are shaped. The cable is much improved. The new tips are softer compared to previous versions. Bass is punchy and extension is pretty good. Highs are detailed, have a touch of sparkle to them and aren't sibilant. Mids have a good amount body but sit behind highs and lows. Fit issues not withstanding, I think its an improvement over ED16.

Sep 19, 2018 at 5:11 PM Post #13,193 of 31,845
Any non-over ears cheapos that are worth buying as gifts to people that treat their IEMs like a hippo would?
I've tried replaceable wires, but after a 2nd replacement, they end up breaking the IEM after a year....:triportsad:
ED9 from KZ came to mind, but there might be new comers that I'm not aware of. Please advise :)

EDR1 (without mic). That’s as tough, as cheap, and as good sounding as you’re gonna get for the price.

If you look around you can find the non-mic version for $2.50 or less.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2018 at 5:20 PM Post #13,194 of 31,845
I've been listening to the ZS4. It looks glorious in red. Fit is an issue for me personally and I can foresee a lot of people having issues with it. But some might find it very comfortable because of the way the shell are shaped. The cable is much improved. The new tips are softer compared to previous versions. Bass is punchy and extension is pretty good. Highs are detailed, have a touch of sparkle to them and aren't sibilant. Mids have a good amount body but sit behind highs and lows. Fit issues not withstanding, I think its an improvement over ED16.

So I’ve always been curious what it is about the ZS3 (and now ZS4) fit that causes people issues? Is it fighting with the memory cable? Is it the shape of the ears? Is it people trying to wear it down like a piston style IEM? Is it not rotating it to properly so it tucks it into the concha?

I know we all have different ear anatomies, but at the same time I know the ear wires do sometimes get in the way of a good fit. And I have also seen photos of people with similar IEMs (like the ZST for example), and they have it rotated completely crooked in their ears like they’re trying to put a square peg in a round hole.

I’ll bet probably 25% of the fit issues (or more) are just related to the issues I mentioned above.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #13,195 of 31,845
EDR1 (without mic). That’s as tough, as cheap, and as good sounding as you’re gonna get for the price.

If you look around you can find the non-mic version for $2.50 or less.
That's TOO CHEAP, if there's even such a term :D How would you compare them to the KZ ZSE at <5eu (not impressed as they sounded LQ, like the KZ3 without a nice comfort and bass rumble).

Sep 19, 2018 at 6:08 PM Post #13,197 of 31,845
That's TOO CHEAP, if there's even such a term :D How would you compare them to the KZ ZSE at <5eu (not impressed as they sounded LQ, like the KZ3 without a nice comfort and bass rumble).

Don’t let the price fool you. The quality of the build plus the sound is better than many $20 IEMs. No one would know the price but you.

I don’t like the fit nor the sound of the ZSE. The EDR1 sounds better and is built better (which you said the build quality was important).

Just try 1 set of EDR1 and see for yourself. If you hate it or it feels cheap you’re only out $2. But if you like it, there’s your gift.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2018 at 6:11 PM Post #13,198 of 31,845
I have a hand of sub-100 IEMs in for review... :)

Will be doing

TRN V80
Tin T2
Hibiki MK2
Geek GK3
BGVP DMG

Also Linsoul BLD Earbud.

If anyone has any curiosities that I would do great to include in the reviews, please let me know :)

Nice lineup! Really curious to see what you think of the GK3.

Sep 19, 2018 at 6:40 PM Post #13,200 of 31,845
I have a hand of sub-100 IEMs in for review... :)

Will be doing

TRN V80
Tin T2
Hibiki MK2
Geek GK3
BGVP DMG

Also Linsoul BLD Earbud.

If anyone has any curiosities that I would do great to include in the reviews, please let me know :)

I'm curious about where you are finding the DMG for under a $100... I think someone's fudging the numbers. :wink:

I'm excited for your reviews! I'm usually behind the curve on IEMs, but this time I have 3 of those before the review! Now I get to find out how good my hearing is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back