CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 14, 2018 at 10:17 PM Post #13,126 of 31,867
Haha! I saw that. Basically his take was...the plug is fatter. He mentioned something about the highs being better, but I don’t think he really could hear any discernible difference. At least anything concrete.

According to Tin HiFi the tuning changes were made to the bass to give them more grunt. Should have a set in hand early next week. Looking forward to giving them a listen.

Sep 14, 2018 at 10:21 PM Post #13,127 of 31,867
According to Tin HiFi the tuning changes were made to the bass to give them more grunt. Should have a set in hand early next week. Looking forward to giving them a listen.
Great I just ordered T2s then they make a new version with better bass haha I guess I might be buying another pair then.

Sep 14, 2018 at 11:54 PM Post #13,128 of 31,867
With the BQEYZ BQ3 I couldn't get on with stock tips, they sound great with both Spinfits and Auvios to me

I was wondering if you think your BQ3 have a sound to them on some songs where they kinda sound like you turned the concert hall mode on very subtly or something. Its like they are trying to artificially make the sound stage sound bigger maybe they do actually have that large sounding sound stage and I just have to get used to them. Other than that weird slight reverb type sound they sound really good who knows it could just be me not being used to them?

Sep 15, 2018 at 12:35 AM Post #13,129 of 31,867
Alright so I just got my hands on the Remax RM-S1 Pro and made another cool unboxing video for you guys :)

I'll save the review for another post (scratch that, these aren't worth reviewing), but for now I'll just say this:

Gave them around ten minutes of listening and then unhesitatingly decided to put them back in the box and threw them into the "nope" bin.

The S1 Pro is nothing special. It's the usual recipe for disaster: emphasized bass, hollow mids, harsh high-mids, and stale uninteresting treble. Their sound is so artificial that it even makes EDM sound artificial.

Skip these pair, its cousin RM-610D is far more balanced and natural in timbre, and therefore superior in sound quality.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2018 at 12:54 AM Post #13,131 of 31,867
Just for fun I decided to try the **** A8 (clone of the Geekworld GK3) I was sent (No they did not send it for me to do a review on it, it was just in the package for some weird reason. I think it was because they gave me the wrong color earbuds idk) and honestly they don't sound bad nothing like my BQ3 but for the price they are ok. Although now the V80 can be found for a few more dollars and everything except the treble for the v80 is a 1 or maybe two steps up the quality scale. If they started out at about $5-7 cheaper I would say go for it. I will probably give them to a friend because honestly they are better than a pair of $5 Walmart specials or skull candy ear buds most of my friends use and I have two more iems on the way so I don't really need another.

Sep 15, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #13,132 of 31,867
Just for fun I decided to try the **** A8 (clone of the Geekworld GK3) I was sent (No they did not send it for me to do a review on it, it was just in the package for some weird reason. I think it was because they gave me the wrong color earbuds idk) and honestly they don't sound bad nothing like my BQ3 but for the price they are ok. Although now the V80 can be found for a few more dollars and everything except the treble for the v80 is a 1 or maybe two steps up the quality scale. If they started out at about $5-7 cheaper I would say go for it. I will probably give them to a friend because honestly they are better than a pair of $5 Walmart specials or skull candy ear buds most of my friends use and I have two more iems on the way so I don't really need another.

You were not the only one who had the A8 included in their BQ3 package. My husband mysteriously received it as well. I figured that the reason was they thought his wife should have a new toy too:) Other than the crinkly looking cable (not stiff or uncomfortable just kinky), I quite like them. The are quite bassy but with a few tip changes I am finding them quite enjoyable with my music. The stock tips were uncomfortable for me. The did not fit flush enough with my M spinfits.. maybe I need to order some smalls to try. Too much bass with the KZ Starlines. I only have one pair of Auvios left so I have to save them for emergency use:) Luckily the Tennmak Whirlwinds fit and sound the best. Free IEMs! BTW, my husband did give them a quick listen and did not seem to really want to give them to me... but... they are in my ears this afternoon:) Been burning in a couple of days and I will do more.. someone said to give the GK3 150 hours. Easy enough for me to do with my desktop setup.

No idea if they have been tuned differently from the GK3... they do look identical except for the logo.

Sep 15, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #13,133 of 31,867
You were not the only one who had the A8 included in their BQ3 package. My husband mysteriously received it as well. I figured that the reason was they thought his wife should have a new toy too:) Other than the crinkly looking cable (not stiff or uncomfortable just kinky), I quite like them. The are quite bassy but with a few tip changes I am finding them quite enjoyable with my music. The stock tips were uncomfortable for me. The did not fit flush enough with my M spinfits.. maybe I need to order some smalls to try. Too much bass with the KZ Starlines. I only have one pair of Auvios left so I have to save them for emergency use:) Luckily the Tennmak Whirlwinds fit and sound the best. Free IEMs! BTW, my husband did give them a quick listen and did not seem to really want to give them to me... but... they are in my ears this afternoon:) Been burning in a couple of days and I will do more.. someone said to give the GK3 150 hours. Easy enough for me to do with my desktop setup.

No idea if they have been tuned differently from the GK3... they do look identical except for the logo.
I just gave them to my friend not because they are bad I actually liked them after listening for a bit but I already have two more IEMs on the way so I gave them a new home. My friend was using skull candy earbuds and she put them in and immediately understood why I love quality audio gear so much. She said shes hooked and can't go back to normal earbuds anymore so score one for the Chi-fi conversion team :)

Sep 15, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #13,134 of 31,867
Two days is a pretty long time to be away from my King Pros.

Er... wife! I meant wife.

I suppose your King Pros can keep you warm at night, but can your wife sing?

Sep 15, 2018 at 8:02 PM Post #13,135 of 31,867

I like the V80 much better than the GK3. I found the GK3 to be really shouty and hollow in the mids. While the bass was really fun, the TRN is much higher quality throughout the spectrum. Very impressive for the price. A lot of friends and family will be getting the TRN V80 this Christmas too.

Sep 15, 2018 at 8:32 PM Post #13,136 of 31,867
I like the V80 much better than the GK3. I found the GK3 to be really shouty and hollow in the mids. While the bass was really fun, the TRN is much higher quality throughout the spectrum. Very impressive for the price. A lot of friends and family will be getting the TRN V80 this Christmas too.
Yeah I agree the GK3 when compared to the v80 for the same price is a bad buy but they did knock them down to $15 for the clone the **** A8 which I don't think it's a bad price for them. But the TRN v80 knocks it out of the park for $25 the next version needs to just be a refinement of that so basically they just need to tone down the treble. I'll definitely be picking a few up on the 11.11 sale for friends.

Sep 15, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #13,137 of 31,867
Yeah I agree the GK3 when compared to the v80 for the same price is a bad buy but they did knock them down to $15 for the clone the **** A8 which I don't think it's a bad price for them. But the TRN v80 knocks it out of the park for $25 the next version needs to just be a refinement of that so basically they just need to tone down the treble. I'll definitely be picking a few up on the 11.11 sale for friends.

Yeah, that TRN treble has some real zing to it. Sounds kind of... fizzy. It's in a place in the spectrum that doesn't bother me too much, but it's definitely something to know before purchase. I let a friend listen to them. Told him nothing about them except that they cost 60 bucks. He said for 60 bucks, he'd have to buy them. LOL He'll have a pleasant surprise when he goes to buy them...

Sep 16, 2018 at 8:57 AM Post #13,138 of 31,867
So after a couple of days with The Hifiwalker A7 I'm still impressed
These work so much better with shallow insertion and also isolate better this way too.
They are comfy and very light to wear, and I like the big shells as they fit really flush in my ears.
They also look very professional and feel the same way, Great build and great mmcx cable.
1 Dynamic and 2 BA drivers, and so 2 pence short of £30 these are excellent value

Sound wise they are exciting and vibrant.
Nice bass that isn't too strong but is there when called for.
Natural mids ever so slightly above the norm with the high mids prevailing.
Treble is simply gorgeous, sparkly with tons of extension. Nearly hot but very addictive, reminds me of the Audio Technica Earsuit 7 in their presentation.
And they were cans!

I love a sparkle in the treble and these deliver in buckets.....superb.
On a high volume I guess these may cause some fatigue, but on low and normal volume they are lovely and I've no need to up the volume anyway as the isolation is top notch.

So in summary these represent excellent value both in build quality and sound.
Plus you get a lovely IBasso type case too.
Definitely recommended.

Sep 16, 2018 at 9:05 AM Post #13,139 of 31,867
Definitely recommended.

I put the A7 in my Amazon wish list after you mentioned them yesterday. I am going to watch and see if they do a lightning deal. They have done so with the HiFi Walker A1.... I managed to pick that up for £19.99 a while back. Most recently it was £24.99... still a good savings. I am not yet done the recommended mod on mine...enjoying them as they are for now.

Sep 16, 2018 at 9:43 AM Post #13,140 of 31,867
I put the A7 in my Amazon wish list after you mentioned them yesterday. I am going to watch and see if they do a lightning deal. They have done so with the HiFi Walker A1.... I managed to pick that up for £19.99 a while back. Most recently it was £24.99... still a good savings. I am not yet done the recommended mod on mine...enjoying them as they are for now.

Good idea.
I had them in mine for a while and I just thought why not
Yeah I liked the A1 too but went with these as they are over the ear.
Either way you'll love the A7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back