Aug 16, 2018 at 2:40 AM Post #12,441 of 31,833

Attachments

• _20180816_130258.JPG
    _20180816_130258.JPG
    160.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 16, 2018 at 7:13 AM Post #12,443 of 31,833
Time after time I tell myself to stop buying hybrid IEMs
I just don't like them. BA always sounds harsh and lifeless. But I have weak will and yet again and again I read a review and think "well maybe this hybrid IEM is gonna be to my liking". I buy it and I disappoint myself again.

Just like with Magaosi BK50 recently. Good IEM, solid build and nice looking (a bit bulky though so not easiest to fit properly), high quality MMCX cable in the package (really heavy though, definitely not for sport). Bass is not deep enough to my taste and highs are harsh (not eardrum crushing Yersen FEN-2000 type harsh but still piercing).

---

To further prove my point, yesterday Artiste DC 1 arrived (double dynamic driver inside). Holy crap, these are amazing. Bass is deeeeeeep. Sound is smooooth. Only lightly V-shaped. Detalisation is superb but with absolutely no sibilance in treble! Soundstage is pretty good (not the best but most certainly above average). Good fit.

I think now my Top 3 IEMs list looks like this (all are multi-dynamic driver IEMs) in no particular order
Tin Audio T515 Black
I-Into i8
Artiste DC 1

61mcAzNekEL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2018 at 7:29 AM Post #12,445 of 31,833
I just don't like them. BA always sounds harsh and lifeless. But I have weak will and yet again and again I read a review and think "well maybe this hybrid IEM is gonna be to my liking". I buy it and I disappoint myself again.

Just like with Magaosi BK50 recently. Good IEM, solid build and nice looking (a bit bulky though so not easiest to fit properly), high quality MMCX cable in the package (really heavy though, definitely not for sport). Bass is not deep enough to my taste and highs are harsh (not eardrum crushing Yersen FEN-2000 type harsh but still piercing).

---

To further prove my point, yesterday Artiste DC 1 arrived (double dynamic driver inside). Holy ****, these are amazing. Bass is deeeeeeep. Sound is smooooth. Only lightly V-shaped. Detalisation is superb but with absolutely no sibilance in treble! Soundstage is pretty good (not the best but most certainly above average). Good fit.

I think now my Top 3 IEMs list looks like this (all are multi-dynamic driver IEMs) in no particular order
Tin Audio T515 Black
I-Into i8
Artiste DC 1

61mcAzNekEL._SL1500_.jpg
These really are fantastic iems for the price (especially the Amazon lightning deal prices). They have a ceramic and a dynamic driver that just work so well together

Aug 16, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #12,446 of 31,833
Anyone has any luck searching for the Estron C631 on Taobao? I can't seem to find any listing after the last few days of searching. I'm looking for something which is more balanced and accurate for $30, and it seems that the C631 might just be up my alley (Was considering the KZ ZSR before this thread).

Aug 16, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #12,447 of 31,833
To further prove my point, yesterday Artiste DC 1 arrived (double dynamic driver inside). Holy ****, these are amazing.

These really are fantastic iems for the price (especially the Amazon lightning deal prices). They have a ceramic and a dynamic driver that just work so well together

To me the Artiste sounds big...almost like headphones. The dynamic driver is 13mm ant the ceramic is12mm. I find the fit comfortable. Using KZStarline tips on mine.

The best deal right now is the Amazon Uk price of £22.99. We paid £27 a few weeks ago and felt that was a great deal. Even at the normal price they are well worth it.

Aug 16, 2018 at 7:56 AM Post #12,448 of 31,833
Any comments @ PHB EM-023 ? ZS6 "clone"? Another V-shaped chi-fi hybrid?

Aug 16, 2018 at 9:01 AM Post #12,450 of 31,833

---

To further prove my point, yesterday Artiste DC 1 arrived (double dynamic driver inside). Holy ****, these are amazing. Bass is deeeeeeep. Sound is smooooth. Only lightly V-shaped. Detalisation is superb but with absolutely no sibilance in treble! Soundstage is pretty good (not the best but most certainly above average). Good fit.

Tin Audio T515 Black
I-Into i8
Artiste DC 1

61mcAzNekEL._SL1500_.jpg
ArtisteDC 1 doesn't have removable cables? Otherwise they seem to be pretty perfect for my taste ....slightly warm sound signature with deep and punchy bass and no sibilance, all matches the kind of taste I like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back