CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Aug 13, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #12,406 of 31,834
Hey guys,

Looking for a fun/engaging budget iem with good but not intrusive/dominating bass.

I'm split between:

-Artiste DC 1

- Betron BS10

-Into I8

-Anything else that can be recommended

Can anyone give any input on these three as to which might best suit my requirements? As I say I'm also open to other recommendations.

Aug 13, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #12,409 of 31,834
Hey guys,

Looking for a fun/engaging budget iem with good but not intrusive/dominating bass.

I'm split between:

-Artiste DC 1

- Betron BS10

-Into I8

Can anyone give any input on these three as to which might best suit my requirements? As I say I'm also open to other recommendations.

Get the Artiste from Amazon If you are in the UK. That £22.99 price will not be available forever.

Aug 13, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #12,410 of 31,834
Hey guys,

I'm split between:

-Artiste DC 1

- Betron BS10

-Into I8

also consider bosshifi b3
betrons have qc issues right now so steer clear of that

Aug 13, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #12,411 of 31,834
KZ ZS4 driver config

0fOgMeuxTHczVJcZfUo_l6wZ2DM_2xDhu6o_Of1Ak_BrvuHA685OxaERbngfKsqsRprYyXe5DT-z45YZCA=w1000-no-tmp.jpg
TljSyCOsTkv81LQ-K7rCJwjb4Oy8gIxKp1nfvxrEeQ6shmK1KpaLDz8MNsqDZz5VtK5a0BBKaiDudVAmxA=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

Glad to see a properly designed sound tube. No clue why the heck they couldn’t have done this with the original ZS3.

Also nice to see they bumped up the driver to an 8mm.

I’m definitely going to get this.

I suspect it’s going to sound similar to the ZST or ED15. If the treble is too hot from the 30095, the ZST foam mod will get it all squared away.

Aug 13, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #12,413 of 31,834
Aug 13, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #12,414 of 31,834
Hey guys,

I'm split between:

-Artiste DC 1

- Betron BS10

-Into I8

Although I don’t personally own it, from everything I’ve read about the I-into i8 describes it as a skull crushing basshead type tune.

I mention it because you mentioned you don’t want dominating bass.

Also, skip the Betron for now, unless you’re willing to take a chance on it like gambling - the one you get might be awesome or it might suck.

For fun and engaging sound on a budget, you aren’t going to beat the EDR1. They can be had for under $3.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #12,415 of 31,834
As far as I understood he decided that V80 is the best choice. I think we need handwander for better translation. He's from Japan

last part in that review:

"In this way, although there are three types of earphones with similar impressions in the price range and individual reviews, the characteristic parts are quite distinctly different from each other, so we will choose the songs that we usually listen to, etc. I thought whether it was good."

you probably mistook the part where he mentioned that V80 excelled in terms of sound balance (most balanced of the 3 being compared there).

pity he doesn't have the AS10 yet, I'd love to know how it compares to the K2 (since he said vocal-focused track like anisongs are best with that). Luckily we can get any of them for around the same price (50 bux-ish or less)

Aug 13, 2018 at 5:39 PM Post #12,416 of 31,834
Definitely a hidden gem:)

No so hidden (well, for some audiophiles in Spain) from the moment I showed the Amazon UK deal in one spanish forum. A bunch of them are in route to Spain. They are definitely growing on me. I hope someday the local post decides it's time to deliver the Azio Heara I bought from Massdrop, that are waiting in Madrid from last thursday, so that I can finally compare them.

Aug 13, 2018 at 5:42 PM Post #12,417 of 31,834
No so hidden (well, for some audiophiles in Spain) from the moment I showed the Amazon UK deal in one spanish forum. A bunch of them are in route to Spain. They are definitely growing on me. I hope someday the local post decides it's time to deliver the Azio Heara I bought from Massdrop, that are waiting in Madrid from last thursday, so that I can finally compare them.

Do you have to pay extra shipping if you order from Amazon UK?

I just looked at some of the European Amazon pages and in most countries it is more than 50 euro.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #12,419 of 31,834
5.55 £, so final cost was around 33 €, 7 less than the 40 I paid at Ali. Not a big difference, but they have Amazon support if something goes wrong. Fortunately, my DC1 works perfectly.

..and they will probably arrive more quickly.

Aug 13, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #12,420 of 31,834
..and they will probably arrive more quickly.

It depends on the shipping method. With Aliexpress standard shipping, I received last friday a vertical mouse they sent on Aug 4th. At the same time, I'm still waiting the RHA double density tips sent by RoyalMail on Aug 6th. The DC1 took 12 days, as they were sent by ePacket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back