CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 11, 2018 at 10:06 PM Post #11,371 of 31,867
the cable from the Y split to the bud might be a bit too short to wear around the ear for some people.

A "bit" too short? :) It is way shorter than any others that I have. I doubt it is meant to wear over the ear. I don't think anyone could. On the other hand the new cable with the new KZs is ridiculously long above the split which makes it really prone to tangling.

I really hate putting cables over my ear but I have several really good iems that require me to do so. Once I get it situated it is there to stay for awhile... so no a-b comparisons!

Jun 11, 2018 at 10:28 PM Post #11,373 of 31,867
Great idea - will post to that thread once I got mine :) Regarding C700 I got the best seal by angling it downward a little when inserting. So the outside end would be higher. They're very comfortable for me, although the cable from the Y split to the bud might be a bit too short to wear around the ear for some people.

usually if the cable from the splitter is too short, i put the splitter behind the neck, then the split cables goes over the ears, kinda like wearing J cables

Jun 12, 2018 at 7:01 AM Post #11,374 of 31,867
Well it's just enough for me to do so :dt880smile: The Y ends up about an inch from my chin

I prefer wearing cables down. When I do wear the over ear type, it needs to have a curve or a wire that I like. I would not be able to tolerate the Y being an inch from my chin. I would feel as if it was getting ready to choke me.

usually if the cable from the splitter is too short, i put the splitter behind the neck, then the split cables goes over the ears, kinda like wearing J cables

Oh that would be really fun with long hair...and don't even get me started on how I feel about J cables.

Jun 12, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #11,375 of 31,867
Guys do you have experience with DZAT DT-10?

HTB17hZEj8DH8KJjSspnq6zNAVXa8.jpg

Jun 12, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #11,376 of 31,867
My personal ladder of China earphones, I have (or had). Only in term of sound. I've listenned them mostly straight from mp Huawei P7 lite (It has surprisingly good sound), with medium silicone tips. The ranking is from best to worst.
(There is one Jays for comparison)

The “+“ means, what I appreciate.
The “-“ means, what bothers me.

1. KZ zs10 + Mids, Treble, Bass, Soundstage
- None​
2. Einsear T2 + Mids, Soundstage
- None​
3. KZ zs3 + Mids, Bass
- None​
4. Tin Audio T515 + Mids, Treble
- Bass quality​
5. Jays t-jays 1 + Sound for EDM
- Less details​

Uiisii Hi-820 + Mids, Bass
- Too airy Treble​
Memt x5 + Mids
- Mid Bass boost​
Urbanfun HIFI + Mids, Soundstage
- Upper Bass boost​
Boarseman cx98s + None
- No Bass​
Remax S1 Pro + None
- Bass quality, Harsh Mids​
Swing ie800 + None
- Peaky Treble​
Rock Zircon + Basshead Bass
- Mids, Peaky Treble​
I stopped reading after your #1. :p Kidding.

The pictures of it are really high quality - but I’m not taking the jump. :D

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #11,378 of 31,867

i have it--afaik no one else here has taken the plunge. beautifully built and packaged. soundwise, u-shaped and a bit bright, with good extension at both ends. these are not analytical/neutral--they are energetic and hyped-up and match well with uptempo genres.

Jun 12, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #11,379 of 31,867
My personal ladder of China earphones, I have (or had). Only in term of sound. I've listenned them mostly straight from mp Huawei P7 lite (It has surprisingly good sound), with medium silicone tips. The ranking is from best to worst.
(There is one Jays for comparison)

The “+“ means, what I appreciate.
The “-“ means, what bothers me.

1. KZ zs10 + Mids, Treble, Bass, Soundstage
- None​
2. Einsear T2 + Mids, Soundstage
- None​
3. KZ zs3 + Mids, Bass
- None​
4. Tin Audio T515 + Mids, Treble
- Bass quality​
5. Jays t-jays 1 + Sound for EDM
- Less details​

Uiisii Hi-820 + Mids, Bass
- Too airy Treble​
Memt x5 + Mids
- Mid Bass boost​
Urbanfun HIFI + Mids, Soundstage
- Upper Bass boost​
Boarseman cx98s + None
- No Bass​
Remax S1 Pro + None
- Bass quality, Harsh Mids​
Swing ie800 + None
- Peaky Treble​
Rock Zircon + Basshead Bass
- Mids, Peaky Treble​

I'm surprised the ie800s are so low. I thought for $15, they were supposed to be heavy hitters. I was planning to buy them to replace my lz z03a. I guess my research continues than. The Uiisii do get alot of praise for the price point as well.

Jun 12, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #11,381 of 31,867
I have the DF-10 in wood as well.
They are a nice set of buds very lightweight, but loud and smooth
must be the wood
Mine are white don't know the wood type

Jun 12, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #11,383 of 31,867
Which IEMs $5~$20 are the most neutral without recessed mids? Preferrably with decent isolation and a microphone
I ordered the GGMM C900 *ahum C700* because it might live up to that promise. Otherwise the TRN V20 is a great deal.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2018 at 7:13 PM Post #11,384 of 31,867
I ordered the GGMM C900 because it might live up to that promise. Otherwise the TRN V20 is a great deal.
It'll take a while, as they'll have to make it first :beyersmile: I believe you meant C700.

On an unrelated note: graphene 9mm driver, wooden shell, whirlwind style tip http://a.co/4lQMCxM, what more can one asks for :darthsmile: I'll keep it on my list for now.

Jun 12, 2018 at 8:07 PM Post #11,385 of 31,867
Which IEMs $5~$20 are the most neutral without recessed mids? Preferrably with decent isolation and a microphone

Modded BlitzWolf ES1. Metal body, graphene dynamic drivers, 3-button mic, and chin slider. They are flat as a pancake neutral. The mods are easy DIY.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back