CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 10, 2018 at 9:34 AM Post #11,356 of 31,867
the nichck bro, which was just reviewed by ottomotor, woud work really well for you
Not so sure about the Bro. It’s a little dark sounding with the standard cable and misses the upper sparkle IEM’s need for instruments such as violins or trumpets.

I just thought about two other options: the Z5000 sounds really symphonical as well AND has a huge bass, or the Malloom Water Drop/ Timmkoo C630/ Alwup 630 might suit your classical needs. Those have great sparkle in the upper mids and highs.

Jun 10, 2018 at 10:07 PM Post #11,358 of 31,867
I just thought about two other options: the Z5000 sounds really symphonical as well AND has a huge bass, or the Malloom Water Drop/ Timmkoo C630/ Alwup 630 might suit your classical needs. Those have great sparkle in the upper mids and highs.

I'm pretty sure the main OEM for the Timmkoo is Estron, so if you want to 100% get the real Estron, buy it at their alibaba page (around $16). Cable is a bit flimsy, but keep it in a case and it'd last you a long time.

Jun 11, 2018 at 8:39 AM Post #11,359 of 31,867
Listening to the Fidue A65 today and my first impressions are positive... The packaging is good... They are small and easy to wear.. The cable not very nice .. They sound very balanced and natural...very easy to listen to ... Compared to the TinAudio T2 are less bright have less bass are less airy and less clinical... Warmer and more neutral overall .. better fit as well.. Did a bit of of tip rolling ended up with KZ starlines bass got much better...Soundstage is great.. Addictive sound... Thanks @Otto Motor and @mbwilson111 for the suggestion...

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2018 at 2:48 PM Post #11,360 of 31,867
How is the soundstage of the Zhiyin Z5000 compared to IT01, KZ ZS5? It seems like a great value IEM and sound signature that I like (IT01)...but I don't NEED it. :sweat:

Jun 11, 2018 at 4:15 PM Post #11,362 of 31,867
How is the soundstage of the Zhiyin Z5000 compared to IT01, KZ ZS5? It seems like a great value IEM and sound signature that I like (IT01)...but I don't NEED it. :sweat:
I don’t have the IT01, but the soundstage of the Z5000 is impressive in width and depth. Classical music sounds really symphonical on them.

Jun 11, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #11,363 of 31,867
My personal ladder of China earphones, I have (or had). Only in term of sound. I've listenned them mostly straight from mp Huawei P7 lite (It has surprisingly good sound), with medium silicone tips. The ranking is from best to worst.
(There is one Jays for comparison)

The “+“ means, what I appreciate.
The “-“ means, what bothers me.

1. KZ zs10 + Mids, Treble, Bass, Soundstage
- None​
2. Tin Audio T515 + Mids, Treble, Flat Soundstage
- None​
3. Einsear T2 + Mids, Soundstage
- None​
4. KZ zs3 + Mids, Bass
- None​
5. Jays t-jays 1 + Sound for EDM
- Less details​

Uiisii Hi-820 + Mids, Bass
- Too airy Treble​
Memt x5 + Mids
- Mid Bass boost​
Urbanfun HIFI + Mids, Soundstage
- Upper Bass boost​
Boarseman cx98s + None
- No Bass​
Remax S1 Pro + None
- Bass quality, Harsh Mids​
Swing ie800 + None
- Peaky Treble​
Rock Zircon + Basshead Bass
- Mids, Peaky Treble​

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2018 at 6:20 PM Post #11,365 of 31,867
Jun 11, 2018 at 6:25 PM Post #11,366 of 31,867
I'm actually listening to Betron BS-10 right now and am amazed by the sound for the price. £7.99 on amazon.co.uk right now

Jun 11, 2018 at 7:44 PM Post #11,367 of 31,867
did anyone tried out foam tips on Rose North Forest iems?

Jun 11, 2018 at 9:31 PM Post #11,369 of 31,867
Uiisii GT-550 looks very similar, and same 12mm driver size, but I could not make it work. No bass at all. Gonna give this a try.

I did not realize that you could get Betrons anywhere but in the UK. I have several because of lightning deals and I have not been disappointed in any of them. The Betron BS10 was a real surprise when I got it. I have not listened to it in awhile because I have been getting too many other iems (and buds). I will get mine out tomorrow. If you get them we should revive this old thread:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/betron-bs10.844809/

Nobody ever responded to the poor guy.

Meanwhile... I have the GGMM C700 in my ears. Arrived today. There was a lightning deal when I looked Sunday so it was only £6.03. It is good and, like you said, the stock tips work for me. They are a little smaller than I thought they would be. I got the silver ones. At some point I will need to take them out of my ears and sleep.

Jun 11, 2018 at 9:57 PM Post #11,370 of 31,867
I did not realize that you could get Betrons anywhere but in the UK. I have several because of lightning deals and I have not been disappointed in any of them. The Betron BS10 was a real surprise when I got it. I have not listened to it in awhile because I have been getting too many other iems (and buds). I will get mine out tomorrow. If you get them we should revive this old thread:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/betron-bs10.844809/

Nobody ever responded to the poor guy.

Meanwhile... I have the GGMM C700 in my ears. Arrived today. There was a lightning deal when I looked Sunday so it was only £6.03. It is good and, like you said, the stock tips work for me. They are a little smaller than I thought they would be. I got the silver ones. At some point I will need to take them out of my ears and sleep.
Great idea - will post to that thread once I got mine :) Regarding C700 I got the best seal by angling it downward a little when inserting. So the outside end would be higher. They're very comfortable for me, although the cable from the Y split to the bud might be a bit too short to wear around the ear for some people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back