CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 9, 2018 at 5:22 AM Post #11,326 of 31,867
you should decrease the preamp by 5 dbs and use an amplifier rather than putting gain in software eq
this is equalizer apo with peace gui
the gain is minus 6.5 just in case, i use dac and amp

Screenshot (171).png

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2018 at 6:24 AM Post #11,327 of 31,867
the treble is similar when you use them with the 75 ohm resistor, they are a little bit roll off in the sub bass and upper treble, small mid bass bump, forward lower and middle mids, neutral upper mids and treble, the er4s has a lot of upper treble but the mids are very forward and only the upper mids, that makes them dry sounding in comparison to the 5+, 5+ sound a lot more musical and organic compared to er4s, the soundstage is also very nice and accurate, I hope that helps

thanks for the explanation. so the soundstage is more or less the same as the ER4S but with not too forward mids?

Jun 9, 2018 at 6:41 AM Post #11,329 of 31,867
Jun 9, 2018 at 6:45 AM Post #11,330 of 31,867
the soundstage is bigger, the mids are forward but not the upper mids like in the er4s but the middle and lower mids, that makes the sound more organic and euphoric

this info is what I'm seeking. i have the ER4PT and the PtoS adapter, but i alway seems to like it without the adapter, so I'm guessing the preset Highsenior treble would be enough for me.

I'm going to take the plunge and order it now

Jun 9, 2018 at 6:51 AM Post #11,331 of 31,867
this info is what I'm seeking. i have the ER4PT and the PtoS adapter, but i alway seems to like it without the adapter, so I'm guessing the preset Highsenior treble would be enough for me.

I'm going to take the plunge and order it now
they respond to eq nicely, the extension in the treble is there, just lower in level, they don't jump off a cliff after 8 or 10k like a lot of in ears, the evidence for that is when you boost the upper treble you hear more upper treble, i had ortofon q5 before and they roll off after 8k, when i tried to boost the upper treble they refused to respond, that is not the case with the 5+

Jun 9, 2018 at 7:12 AM Post #11,332 of 31,867
Jun 9, 2018 at 7:14 AM Post #11,333 of 31,867
@chinmie you will not be disappointed with your purchase of the Hisenior B5+ I certainly am enjoying them

Jun 9, 2018 at 9:24 AM Post #11,336 of 31,867
they uploaded pics with the transparent without logo model like mine - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/His...32799766077.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.f5Ua9v
they are filled in, not shallow, nice weight to them, i think for 102 bucks with free shipping you get a lot for your money, excellent and beautiful built with knowles drivers and filters and nice natural sound

yours is filled resin? i asked them yesterday and they told me it is the hollow shell..that's odd.. not that it would matter soundwise though as they are all BAs, but cosmetically filled do looks nicer

@chinmie you will not be disappointed with your purchase of the Hisenior B5+ I certainly am enjoying them

seeing how you enjoy them, i have a good feeling i would like it too :ksc75smile:

Jun 9, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #11,337 of 31,867
yours is filled resin? i asked them yesterday and they told me it is the hollow shell..that's odd.. not that it would matter soundwise though as they are all BAs, but cosmetically filled do looks nicer
i thing its shalow only a little bit on the back of the faceplate, everything else behind the nozzle seems like its filled, but i am not sure, maybe the shell is just very thick

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #11,338 of 31,867
GGMM C700 arrived today. Compares very well to the UiiSii CM5. C700 can only be worn in drop down fashion and the CM5 is over the ear. CM5 is more sensitive but both are extremely easy to drive. CM5 is slightly more airy and has slightly bigger bottom end. The C700 is warmer, lower mids are more present yet the bass is laid back. Width/depth, detail retrieval, imaging/layering are relatively close.

In comparison to the KZ EDR1 has a different sound signature than the CM5 and C700, which both have a similar sound signature. EDR1 has a wider sound soundstage and more height/depth than either of the others.

The C700 is a great deal for an IEM on an Amazon lightning deal @ USD $5.99. The CM5, C700 and the KZ EDR1 would make a very good budget starter pack.

My ranking of the three would go like this: 1. EDR1 2. C700 3. CM5

Comparison setup: Macbook Pro 2012/Audirvana -> iFi nano BL in iEMatch port -> Triple flange ear tips (all three IEMs) / Album used: The Shape of Things to Come by Ornette Coleman (jazz) @ 192khz FLAC

Jun 9, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #11,339 of 31,867
May be I should go for Hisenior B5 too. So, are they balanced or mid-centric? How good is the bass? I listen to faster types of metal, and love the speed of BA.

Do I get it right that Hisenior use better types of BA then KZ?
P. S. I'm asking a lot of questions since money are limited, I have a single shot. And I want to make the best out of it.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #11,340 of 31,867
Totally agree. In my experience, the KZ ones are hard as a rock, uncomfortable, seal poorly, and fall off most IEMs because they don't have an inner core like most Comply-type foam tips.

They sell MUCH softer ones that are a similar style: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fre...rbud-Bud-Tips-Earbuds-eartips/1052204391.html

I call the above linked ones "marshmallow" tips, because the foam looks and feels just like a marshmallow. Nothing like the rock hard KZ ones.

The marshmallow tips work great for inserting into silicone tips to make your own hybrid tips:

Hey man, those are my photos...:astonished::grin::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

IMG_20180420_231656.jpg

Currently I use all my IEMs with this type of homemade hybrid tips. I get a much better seal and a fuller sound, plus a full bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back