CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 3, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #1,111 of 31,867
What happen here?

I'm gone one week and this is the first message I read, very depressing!

Guy, we are here to AVOID Fake, not the opposite, OEM are okay but not when it try to be the exact same exact imitation, just when it's inspired by it.
Fakes Sennheiser IE80 and IE800 are conterfeit products that invade the market and I don't find this nice, as the people searching for the real one have to live with paranoid and struggle finding the authentic product. When it do not have the brand logo on the OEM I find it less problematic, the problem is with volontary conterfeit product that try to look like an exact copy of the original. I do not encourage this market, quite the contrary in fact.

I never bought any fake earphones from GB and think they just got real stuff. I buy KZ ZS1 for 10$ and it was the real one.

Anyway, let's try to find real GEM with a real BRAND instead of OEM, their plenty of good ones and I will not include OEM in my Best-Off list because it can confuse Headfiers and make them buy crap.

I do not want trouble here, look like Chinese earphones market is a little taboo because of lot of dishonnest seller so let's chill out and talk about trustable original audio gear.

Sep 3, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #1,112 of 31,867
On another note, I receive the TY HIZ 32ohm earbuds:

They really sound nice with the Xduoo X1 and Ibasso DX80, less so with the Xduoo X3 and Ibasso Dx90 (too bright)....I compare them with some Phillips SHS3200 I buy for about the same price yesterday and they are from another league. Level of details and mid bass we got for this price is incredible, their no real sub bass but these sound nice with jazz, rock and instrumental music, remind me of grado soundsignature but to shine these earbuds need good amping wich make me confuse because soundpressure is suppose to be high...i'm impress by the impact of sound too. Comfort is a little issue because they are big for my ears and I was thinking these one would be smaller than the Mrz Tomahwak wich isn't exactly the case...

Anyway, a must have for any earbud lover!

Cheers!

Sep 3, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #1,113 of 31,867
Well cheers guys, you've done it again sigh....

Gone and bought me the **** 4in1, have to admit they look pretty darn sweet.
Will be my first ba/dd hybrid which should be interesting, haven't really liked any of my multi dynamic iem's if I'm honest.
Gonna run them with my elcom bluetooth amp, should make for an awesome carry round system.

What size tips do they use, ue or shure sized?
Also does it have a cable slider for the silver, and is the tennmak silver cable a good replacement cable, heard some say it alters the sq, and I'm a sucker for a twisted cable if I'm honest.

Sep 3, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #1,114 of 31,867
I'm glad the hybrid quality has started to increase, especially at under $100. My first two hybrids I found boring and underwhelming. One is the Astrotec AX35, which I've never found the right combo to make them enjoyable. The other was the Dunu DN-1000, which I just didn't enjoy. I should pick a sub-100 hybrid to try.

Sep 3, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #1,115 of 31,867
Ive been away for field work for a couple of weeks now, so I havent been able to test my Somic V4s before today. So while I have only had a couple of hours of listening time with them I really want to say that these are truly a gem at it's price.

Without actively comparing it with anything I can say that it's more controlled than the Tennmak Pro and has a very balanced sound signature all over. If there is actually anything I can compare it to in terms of sound experience it's my Trinity Delta v2 (Muffled gold filter). They don't have the soundstage of the Trinity deltas, but they sure sound a lot closer than they should given it's price point.

The packaging is also quite refined, which is quite rare for a lot of chinese products. The only real downside to these aside for the size of them, is the fact that they don't come with a proper carrying pouch or box. Honestly though for less than 20$ (I payed 14.99 from gearbest) they perform way above what I expected, but that seems to be a pattern with a lot of IEMs in this thread.

Honestly I can't recommend these any more, and I really look forward to trying out more IEMs mentioned in this thread. If you buy these though, do yourself a favour and get a carrying bag for them as well. The cable is non removable so it would be a pitty to break it or the housing during transport (even though it won't break the bank to replace them).

Sep 3, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #1,117 of 31,867
Tell ya'll
wink_face.gif

Somic V4 rules and hit way above their price for SQ!

Still enjoy them alot!

Sep 3, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #1,119 of 31,867
Guys, if you are going to recommend fakes, and subsequently screwing over the manufacturer of the original, then I'll have to close the thread. 

I don't think the KZ ie80s are fake because it has a kz logo

Sep 3, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #1,120 of 31,867
I don't think the KZ ie80s are fake because it has a kz logo

While I would argue that things like KZ IE80 and Swing IE800 are direct copies in terms of design. That said... The laws regarding copy rights varies greatly from country to country, and as long as they adhere to the local laws it's all within reason. An example is that in my country, as long as the design is changed sufficiently enough it does not count as a copy. While in some other countires it's all good as long as you don't claim it to be somethng it isn't, meaning don't name it Sennheiser if it isn't Sennheiser.

It's a moral greyzone, but in the end it's up to the moderators on this forum to decide what they find acceptable or not. As far as laws go, as long as the products are not sold on or adverticed (not sure about this one, as advertisement is always up to interpretation) on this site it's not a problem as far as the local laws where the servers are located.

It's a shame though that some manufacturers find the need to copy the design of others instead of coming up to with their own, especially since some of these "copies" are truly good heaphones.

Sep 3, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #1,122 of 31,867
I'm glad the hybrid quality has started to increase, especially at under $100. My first two hybrids I found boring and underwhelming. One is the Astrotec AX35, which I've never found the right combo to make them enjoyable. The other was the Dunu DN-1000, which I just didn't enjoy. I should pick a sub-100 hybrid to try.

MusicMaker TK12 or 13 are solid choices IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back