CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 3, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #1,126 of 31,867
Damn... My mind is all messed up. Too many good cheap IEM's! Which one to buy?! 

Sep 3, 2016 at 7:05 PM Post #1,127 of 31,867
Damn... My mind is all messed up. Too many good cheap IEM's! Which one to buy?! 

If tat's just a tiny cry of frustration, then I hear you :p

However, If it's a question about what headphones to choose for your next purchase then I would sugest you set up some criterias to limit the choices somewhat like this:
- price
- sound signature (neutral, trebble heavy, mid centric, bass heavy... etc)
- size & comfort

the list goes on, it's all about making a choice based on your spesific preferences :wink:

Sep 3, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #1,128 of 31,867
Got my TKH1 nearing 75hrs of burn in and they are great so far. Bass heavy, detailed mids and highs. Not the widest soundstage but it has a good depth with a good 3D like stage right around your head. They are not analytical at all just put them on and listen, get immersed in the sound.

I ordered the TFZ Series 1S Fireworks off Amazon today. Will be here in a few hours. Gotta love free same day delivery

Sep 3, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #1,129 of 31,867
If tat's just a tiny cry of frustration, then I hear you
tongue.gif

However, If it's a question about what headphones to choose for your next purchase then I would sugest you set up some criterias to limit the choices somewhat like this:
- price
- sound signature (neutral, trebble heavy, mid centric, bass heavy... etc)
- size & comfort

the list goes on, it's all about making a choice based on your spesific preferences
wink.gif

Well... probably a bit of both 
biggrin.gif

Price: Under 30$
Sound signature: Neutral or very slightly V-shaped
Size & comfort: I have small(ish) ears and big IEM's are a bit of a no no for me (usually)

Sep 4, 2016 at 8:50 AM Post #1,130 of 31,867
Using some of the recommendations from this thread, I've ordered a small selection (5) of different ($23 - $40) earbuds.
Remax RM-600M
**** 4in1 (2016)
**** DT2 IE800 v2
Suntaiho BossHiFi B3
Tennmak Pro Dual

Three of the earbuds use removable MMCX cables, so I've also ordered some cables with Remote & Volume control (which will work with both iPhone/DAP and Android).
DIY Earphone Cable w/Mic, Remote, & Volume

Not sure how long the shipping will take from China, but I'm looking forward to receiving all of the earbuds.

Then, I'll test the various models, to see which sound best to me, and also which sound the best to my 86 year old dad.

Take Care,
David

Sep 4, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #1,131 of 31,867
Couldn't resist at this absurb price so I order the ZS3.

From your review they look very promising!
beerchug.gif

Sep 4, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #1,135 of 31,867
Do you compare them to ZS1 and 2 and ZN1?

Wonder if it sound better than dual driver ZN1...

Don't have big Hifi expectation here...KZ have KZ sound afterall.

Sep 6, 2016 at 2:05 AM Post #1,138 of 31,867
tfz fireworks is very good.

The MusicMaker TKH1 scales better though giving a more natural timbre and better clarity. IMO of course

Sep 7, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #1,139 of 31,867
I started in this audio game in January and have been addicted since. I've built up quite a number of sets since and most are £70-200 bracket. After i got the Monk+ which someone recommenced in another thread I was fascinated that you could get quality sound so cheap. I then quite quickly after got the Earbell E100 and piston 3s. Both with excellent sound punching WAAAY above their weight.

In the last few days i got the VJJB V1s and DZAT-DF10 under £15. These have blown me away and easily rival sets I've had around the £70-100 price range. the DZAT especially right OTB was astoundingly well balanced and instantly engaging. Better than my re-400, Wooduo 2, and some others. On par with Titan 1s, EPH-100, RHA M750 and other sets.

I'm guessing most of you share the similar view that quality doesn't have to be a big brand name. Do you think it's worth paying the extra money for more expensive sets or is it more sensible to play coin toss with cheaper unknown Asian brands?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back