CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 9, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #1,156 of 31,867
Ahh I see. What about the VJJB V1? How does it compare to both of these?

V1: Brighter, smaller soundstage, fowards mids and treble, and yes harder to drive. I did not like them much to be honnest, they lack musicality and air.

Sep 9, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #1,157 of 31,867
Hey Guys I'm trying to find something similar or better to cx-300/ep 630

which one you recommend?  my budget is 25$

I have ordered the "Rock Zircon" but maybe I did a mistake ? and I need a pair of Tennmak? 

I don't think you make an error with the Zircon wich have a very exciting pop-oriented sound that will perhaps compete with the CX-300 you have.

Tennmak Pro and Piano are perhaps from another league but they are bigger and over ear design.

My 2 favorite earphones under 25 for now are the Tennmak Pro and Somic V4.
Under 15 it would be Superlux HD381 and UE custom.

Cheers!

Sep 9, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #1,161 of 31,867
I don't think you make an error with the Zircon wich have a very exciting pop-oriented sound that will perhaps compete with the CX-300 you have.

Tennmak Pro and Piano are perhaps from another league but they are bigger and over ear design.

My 2 favorite earphones under 25 for now are the Tennmak Pro and Somic V4.
Under 15 it would be Superlux HD381 and UE custom.

Cheers!

Thx mate! hmmm I reall don't care if it's over ear or in ear, I really look for something good and durable, which I think the Zircon isn't very durble,

Is Tennmak pro? banjo or piano? any better? to have a similer cx-300 vibe than the Zircon also what do you think About the **** 4in1? I heard they the same level as the Tennmaks

Sep 9, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #1,163 of 31,867
Thx mate! hmmm I reall don't care if it's over ear or in ear, I really look for something good and durable, which I think the Zircon isn't very durble,

Is Tennmak pro? banjo or piano? any better? to have a similer cx-300 vibe than the Zircon also what do you think About the **** 4in1? I heard they the same level as the Tennmaks

Did not try the Piano yet but have some on the way.

For durability, Pro and Piano have detachable cable so it should be more durable.
For comfort, nothing can equal the Pro, as they are quite small for a Dual.
The Pro are bassy and have good mids, should be good with most genre, the **** 4in1 look more detailed sounding but I did not own them too so...but for a similar soundsig than the CX300 perhaps they could be a better choice.

Can't really help more because I don't heard enough iem yet!
Cheers!

Sep 9, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #1,164 of 31,867
@Nymphonomaniac any recommendations around the $100 pricetag?

MusicMaker TK 12-13 as well as PMV A01 (3 Drivers iem) look very very promising and I will try one of these when money will be my friend.

Look like i'm due to test some more serious gear, but as a owner of 700$ custom that I did not use alot I can say I do not feel low-fi with my sub50$ collection!

Sep 9, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #1,165 of 31,867

MusicMaker TK 12-13 as well as PMV A01 (3 Drivers iem) look very very promising and I will try one of these when money will be my friend.

Look like i'm due to test some more serious gear, but as a owner of 700$ custom that I did not use alot I can say I do not feel low-fi with my sub50$ collection!

Ye i already looked at those options and the 1More triple driver which can be had for 65 euro. I am still not sure atm and might just buy the vivo xe800 for the meantime and look into some 5 driver IEMs.

Sep 10, 2016 at 4:15 AM Post #1,166 of 31,867
<introduction because I'm new here>
So I am new here (as in new to having an account, because I have been reading reviews etc from Head-Fi for some time now), and only now have I decided to create an account.
The reason behind my creating an account now, is because of this thread.
I come from a predominantly English speaking, African country where any brand name audio gets anywhere from 100%-600% markup (Stax are at that top end on the scale). This makes brand name audio, speakers, headphones, and especially DAC's a nightmare of un-affordability.
So here I am throwing myself at imported audio without a brand name, since if customs sees a brand name they add a ton of "import duties", "handling fees" etc if you aren't a business.
This is illegal on their part, but you can't complain and the authorities are complicit. So if you want your stuff, and don't want to throw the initial cost of the item down the drain you have to pay it.
<end of intro continue reading from here>

So I just bought the BossHifi B8 to add to my small collection of headphones.
When they arrive in a month or so, customs is a pain if you add express shipping.

Anyway, when they arrive I will try to do a review of them and take a few good pictures with some universal color palates so they anyone can adjust their display to see what the color of the wood etc is really like. 
I may also do a tear-down, and some mod testing. 
As for what I will be testing against, it would be a relatively long list so I will cut it down to:
AKG K240
AKG Q460
Samson SR850 (Modded and standard)
Audio Technica ATH-M40X
Takstar Pro 80 (as the kingston HyperX Cloud 2's)
^^ That's it for the list that I own personally

However fortunately I have a store near by that sells Stax headphones (and allows demos).
So added to the above list will be
the SR-207, SR-407, SR-005 (was kind of boring and annoying imho), and the SR-007. I wish I could listen to the 009 but they keep it in a glass box that only people with a fat wallet (their VIP's with previous high purchases can touch).

So yeah, hopefully look forward to that.
I will also test the wood itself. Reason being is that there is some confusion among the sellers about what wood it is.
From asking a few sellers, I got answers ranging from Brazilwood, Brazilian Rosewood both of which are apparently highly endangered, mahogany, and teak.
So I will see if I can clear that up, especially if it is made from the former two.

Sorry for the long first post/rant.

Sep 11, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #1,167 of 31,867
E103 - just didn't do it for me, I find the E107 better in every way apart from bass quantity. I no longer have the E103 to hand as I passed them on to my brother.

Rock Zircon - good earphone, very popular based on sales through my site, but it's bass heavy.

Dulcimer - Good earphone but seriously a basshead choice even more so than the Zircon. I prefer the slightly more expensive Banjo as it has a better build and cable.

Build quality of the VJJB K4S is amongst the best I've seen again it's a bassier earphone than some. Personally I'd stump up some extra cash and look at the Hybrids - HLSX 808, Bette 8mm or **** 4in1 if you've already got the DZAT and VJJB

Cheers, I'll check the HLSX 808 out next I think. HLSX 808. VJJB K4S is pretty bassy. It's again good at it's price (£15) but not as good as the DZAT or V1S. It was detailed but there wasn't much space between instruments and vocals, still fun to listen to with the big bass.

Sep 11, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #1,168 of 31,867
If you want a solid wood earphone grab the TKH1. Big bass and very good details. My most fun earphone. Enjoy music rather than analyze with it

Sep 12, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #1,169 of 31,867
If anyone is able to offer impressions between the DZAT DF-10 (selling on massdrop right now) and HiSoundAudio Wooduo2 (my current favorite-sounding iem). I would appreciate it.

It seems by the only review I could find they are sort of the opposite end of the spectrum on sound sig? A lot brighter vs the very warm sound of the Wooduo's?

Sep 12, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #1,170 of 31,867
If anyone is able to offer impressions between the DZAT DF-10 (selling on massdrop right now) and HiSoundAudio Wooduo2 (my current favorite-sounding iem). I would appreciate it.

It seems by the only review I could find they are sort of the opposite end of the spectrum on sound sig? A lot brighter vs the very warm sound of the Wooduo's?

That Wooduo sounds like a good competitor to the TKH1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back