CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 6, 2018 at 6:35 AM Post #10,261 of 31,833
Never experienced the flex on audition.

Yours may not be burned enough.

Treble is in more amount but it was on borderline to brittle and adaptive treble.

Soundstage is wide, tall but pseudo deep due to laid back mids

i had them for months, even though it sounded better than initial out of the box, but not by much. besides, to me if an iem or earphone have to go through a process of 50 or 100 hours of burning in before it sound good, then it has no business staying in my home. they should be sound good ootb and get slightly better after burn in (and not 50 hours more, I'm talking about just a few hours tops)

May 6, 2018 at 6:50 AM Post #10,262 of 31,833
loving my shizuku, they good for jpop imo.
and their included SML spinfit worthy enough for a freebie.

pB4pKimWNEB1ngBwiounrBo1Cjy2o4g_WYnqRwzewSD7n9BPxc1INWu9wyh6BCAAOtROAQjkme4-NGrlNA=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

May 6, 2018 at 8:15 AM Post #10,265 of 31,833
Does there exist an iem as close as possible to the sony m1h for quality and sound signature but with a much better comfort? aka not flat cable and more ergonomic nozzles?

I had Sony M1HC and loved the sound but because of the horrible cable I just could not use them. Upon the recommendation of @groucho69 I replaced it with the Sony MDR-XB50AP. I love the sound of these and the iem and the cable are very comfortable. I have not tried to make a direct comparison as I just could not deal with the cable on the M1HC even one more time.

I got the blue ones but they also come in black, red or white. Here is a photo of mine... they do not come with the case. The blue is a bit brighter than this. The cable is flat but is nothing like the other one. As you can see it coils up nicely and behaves! It does have an L bend plug... I prefer straight myself. Also, it has a mic. I prefer no mic when possible but it is not always possible. You might like it.

R0013244.JPG

Last edited:
May 6, 2018 at 8:16 AM Post #10,266 of 31,833
i know this thread is not suitable for this question but this thread has more active people than on other threads

i need recommendations for over ear headphones for home use under 50$.
i am looking for a characteristic V shape without much loss on mids.
i will use them for movies, games and music

May 6, 2018 at 8:19 AM Post #10,267 of 31,833
i know this thread is not suitable for this question but this thread has more active people than on other threads

i need recommendations for over ear headphones for home use under 50$.
i am looking for a characteristic V shape without much loss on mids.
i will use them for movies, games and music

There is a perfect thread for this.. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chi...-ear-headphones.822184/page-243#post-14222121

You are right about there being more people in this one but the above thread does get activity.

Last edited:
May 6, 2018 at 8:24 AM Post #10,268 of 31,833
I had Sony M1HC and loved the sound but because of the horrible cable I just could not use them. Upon the recommendation of @groucho69 I replaced it with the Sony MDR-XB50AP. I love the sound of these and the iem and the cable are very comfortable. I have not tried to make a direct comparison as I just could not deal with the cable on the M1HC even one more time.

I got the blue ones but they also come in black, red or white. Here is a photo of mine... they do not come with the case. The blue is a bit brighter than this. The cable is flat but is nothing like the other one. As you can see it coils up nicely and behaves! It does have an L bend plug... I prefer straight myself. Also, it has a mic. I prefer no mic when possible but it is not always possible. You might like it.

Thanks, I will into them, I was looking for something on the cheap size (Chinese) eben though they're not that expensive.
They don't look that comfortable... are they?
Also curious if they're even better than the mh1c

May 6, 2018 at 8:30 AM Post #10,269 of 31,833
Thanks, I will into them, I was looking for something on the cheap size (Chinese) eben though they're not that expensive.
They don't look that comfortable... are they?
Also curious if they're even better than the mh1c

They are comfortable for me but everyone is different. Have you considered getting the Urban Fun from Aliexpress?

May 6, 2018 at 8:36 AM Post #10,271 of 31,833
yeah but the sound signature for described similar or of the same league as the einear t2 which I don't generally like and far from that of the sony mh1c...

Maybe you prefer the Sony sound signature.

Can you order the MDR-XB50AP from somewhere with a return policy? I got mine from Amazon and would have returned them if I hated them or is there had been something wrong with them.

May 6, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #10,274 of 31,833
How many IEMs are too many? Organizing mine...I have labels on all the little cases. When zipped up these four soft bags fit inside the foot stool. I need to lable each bag and make a list of what is in which bag.

When my daughter visits from the States this week she will be using that footstool. Little will she know about what lies within... LOL.

Now, where do I keep the two bags that are full of buds? Right now they are under a chair. Oh well, I guess that is what furniture is for!

R0013260.JPG

May 6, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #10,275 of 31,833
2.Also I am looking for nozzle grills for my urban fun HiFi. Is it possible to buy it separately?

You can order the nozzle pieces on Aliexpress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back