CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 5, 2018 at 11:51 PM Post #10,246 of 31,834
Upcoming BGVP DM6
5ba per side

dNmu5G-Mfpo01-sgGcq7BuOIAMQprcjQ-CEjJbyInC4HAr483j3lWDLiBGg5bIwc63I1YPc_Tr4rr87Bgw=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

FVtnHiu5RHdGjbpcDomOk292zuWYFCRY11gsFbCxKV9bvo89CE1nckS86BgXAPPLL0uMjabXmg1YTq6ZwA=w1000-no-tmp.jpg
That looks like an amazing FR graph, except the peak from ~6-7 kHz looks a bit concerning. Hopefully they aren’t harsh.

Also, I wonder how BGVP will price it since they haven’t released a 5-driver IEM yet (as far as I know).

May 6, 2018 at 1:07 AM Post #10,249 of 31,834
RE-400 are probably the best ~$50 Chi-Fi IEMs in terms of sound quality, comfort, isolation and fatigue-free listening. They're just so warm and easy on the ears.

I have ER4XR, Campfire Comets, GR07 and Empire Ears Bravado soon and I stick pick up the RE-400 to listen to because of how much I like the bass and mids are tuned. The vocals are so...right.

May 6, 2018 at 2:15 AM Post #10,250 of 31,834
RE-400 are probably the best ~$50 Chi-Fi IEMs in terms of sound quality, comfort, isolation and fatigue-free listening. They're just so warm and easy on the ears.

I have ER4XR, Campfire Comets, GR07 and Empire Ears Bravado soon and I stick pick up the RE-400 to listen to because of how much I like the bass and mids are tuned. The vocals are so...right.
Actually ocharaku co-donguri is the best iem under 50$ as it may be little treble oriented and mid vieled with soft bass, it can resolve many instruments at once without congestion at right place and has the biggest soundstage

May 6, 2018 at 2:17 AM Post #10,251 of 31,834
BGVP DS1 vs TIN AUDIO T2

20180506_024500.jpg

DS1 Its a 1000$ dollar heaphone killer ? HELL NO, IF IT IS, THE T2 IS AS WELL
Would you pay the full price of them and think it worth (having the t2 as 50$ reference) ? YES. - May be worth checking Fidue A65 tho
Yours is v1 or v2: Don't know.
This iem to you is: Excellent out of the box, perfect with just a little eq.
The t2 at sale price is a better cost benefit ? OF COURSE IT IS.

SPECS

Driver: Dual Balanced Armature +1 Dynamic Driver Hybrid
Frequency Response: 15Hz-35KHz
Sensitivity: 108dB / mW
Impedance: 13.5Ω
Distortion: <2%
Channel Difference: <1.5dB

The shape is the same as KZ ZST, TFZ KING... bealtifuly crafted. Has a metal nozzle with a tube for the BAs, not usual in this price range. Mine is the 2 cable version. The cable is very nice, It has simple connector, but the wires seem better than the wires of the cable that became with tin audio t2. It comes with one pair of foams and two bags of tips. The cable with mic is cheaper than the OCD but also good quality. Both cables has memory wires

20180506_024547.jpg

The differences...

20180505_210856.jpg

Technicaly equivalent in terms of no frequency leak, layering and tone. The BGVP DS1 has a less airier and less open stage than t2. However, the BGVP adds authority to the sound, With more punch and louder mids, being more prone to sibilance, tho. The bass on the bgvp is much more defined. More body and texture. This, together with the thicker, dryer mids, makes them less "natural" and airier than t2, being more close to "fatiguing", but never reaching that level with my sources.

I found the not at at all hyped impressions of @Dsnuts actually precise. The ds1 is a mid forward iem, no giant killer.

The signature of both are'nt that distant. The level of detail is incredible close and the timbre also, only the vocals can sound sometimes "expensive" in the t2 by being more gentle with the same timbre and with plenty of air without getting any "SS", the "SS" is a bit more pronounced in the bgvp. Never, never uncontrolled and really sibilant tho. Layering is equivalent. The bgvp sound more organic and involving, having the smaller stage. The layering is better with t2 because the sound is flatter, but by being flatter, it sounds less involving.

The t2 really has more air and better highs. The mids on the bgvp also are sometimes shouty. It looks like we have a clear picture of who's better here ? Well, not so fast.

The bass on the bgvp are only a tiny bit of db more pronounced than t2. But they are indeed thicker, boomier and with a better definition and texture.

What actually makes the diferences and the mutual drawbacks...

The stage on the the t2 seems larger, but, artifical in the sense of the instruments not really atacking the field. Its flater, more binaral, 2d, not 3d. But a really expensive 2d. Because of the airier gentle timbre. The bgvp while looking smaler and less gentle, sounds like a loud basement of a band. With the instruments atacking the field with body, and authority. The t2 is like sitting beetwen a expensive hi fidelity system listening to a audiophile record. The bgvp is like being in the smaller room, with the actual band, without a world-clas equipament, but still live.

Wich makes me realise what is the most objetive difference beetwen them, the mid's. The stage are'nt exactly laaaarger on t2. The highs are just more pronounced. And the air is more abundant. While the bgvp is the other way arond. less air, and less texture on the highs. Making them thicker on the mids. With the better bass complementing those frequencies, it Makes the sound "warmer", but without being a warm iem. You can clearly see a diference listening to the drum's and cymbals in the last part of Dave brubeck's - take five. That job the t2 makes better. BUT, in the following track Strange meadow Lark, the piano sounds way fuller and richer on the BGVP DS1. It looks like there are'nt necessarily a more "audiophile" iem here....

The BGVP problem ? Not that much

If the bgvp has a real drawback, is the mids sounding shouty in comparision to t2. The suburbs by arcade fire sounds fatiguing. So the iem defnitely isn't itself better than t2, they complement each other. The t2 has a more refined and nature signature. I would put the two iem's on the same league however. Depending on the songs, preferences and smart usage of eq.

What the BGVP needs to be defnitely more attractive than t2 for me ? Well, they can easily be.

THE RULE OF SMALL EQ

You can eq mediocre iem to your absolutety prefence and they can't match a really superior iem

What makes the sound is the actual iem, and ther bgvp is a hell of a iem.

To me, putting 3-6 khz to less a few bd's and a few more db's on the 14-16 khz without touching the bass makes them the perfect iem for me. You does'nt need to really up the highs, just that the t2 spoiled me...

In that way they sound fun, full, technical, and revealing, without any drawback. A iem that will get more ear time than the original non EQed t2, mainly on the go, because of the better fit and seal. - t2 don't respond THAT well to eq.

I don't regret buying these iem's and i am sure they will be one of the most used of my collection.

20180504_095233.jpg

Tracks used to critical listening:

Dave brubeck - take five
Dave brubeck - Strange meadow lark
Galimatias - South
Arcade fire - The suburbs
The arcs - put a flower in your pocket
The arcs - Cold companion
Jack White - Girl, you have no faith in medicine
Cone Crew Diretoria - Chama os muleques
Djonga - UFA

THX FOR READING, all of the informations above are based on my personal experience and view. I don't have technical knowledge on sound.

Have i said i love these iem's ?

Last edited:
May 6, 2018 at 2:56 AM Post #10,252 of 31,834
BGVP DS1 vs TIN AUDIO T2

DS1 Its a 1000$ dollar heaphone killer ? HELL NO, IF IT IS, THE T2 IS AS WELL
Would you pay the full price of them and think it worth (having the t2 as 50$ reference) ? YES. - May be worth checking Fidue A65 tho
Yours is v1 or v2: Don't know.
This iem to you is: Excellent out of the box, perfect with just a little eq.
The t2 at sale price is a better cost benefit ? OF COURSE IT IS.

SPECS

Driver: Dual Balanced Armature +1 Dynamic Driver Hybrid
Frequency Response: 15Hz-35KHz
Sensitivity: 108dB / mW
Impedance: 13.5Ω
Distortion: <2%
Channel Difference: <1.5dB

The shape is the same as KZ ZST, TFZ KING... bealtifuly crafted. Has a metal nozzle with a tube for the BAs, not usual in this price range. Mine is the 2 cable version. The cable is very nice, It has simple connector, but the wires seem better than the wires of the cable that became with tin audio t2. It comes with one pair of foams and two bags of tips. The cable with mic is cheaper than the OCD but also good quality. Both cables has memory wires

The differences...

Technicaly equivalent in terms of no frequency leak, layering and tone. The BGVP DS1 has a less airier and less open stage than t2. However, the BGVP adds authority to the sound, With more punch and louder mids, being more prone to sibilance, tho. The bass on the bgvp is much more defined. More body and texture. This, together with the thicker, dryer mids, makes them less "natural" and airier than t2, being more close to "fatiguing", but never reaching that level with my sources.

I found the not at at all hyped impressions of @Dsnuts actually precise. The ds1 is a mid forward iem, no giant killer.

The signature of both are'nt that distant. The level of detail is incredible close and the timbre also, only the vocals can sound sometimes "expensive" in the t2 by being more gentle with the same timbre and with plenty of air without getting any "SS", the "SS" is a bit more pronounced in the bgvp. Never, never uncontrolled and really sibilant tho. Layering is equivalent. The bgvp sound more organic and involving, having the smaller stage. The layering is better with t2 because the sound is flatter, but by being flatter, it sounds less involving. Again, the 2d hi-fi vs the vulgar basement...

The t2 really has more air and better highs. The mids on the bgvp the mids also are shouty. It looks like we have a clear picture of who's better here ? Well, not so fast.

The bass onthe bgvp are only a tiny bit of db more pronounced than t2. But they are indeed thicker, boomier and with a better definition an texture.

What actually makes the diferences and the mutual drawbacks...

The stage on the the t2 seems larger, but, artifical in the sense of the instruments not really atacking the field. Its flater, more binaral, 2d, not 3d. But a really expensive 2d. Because of the airier gentle timbre. The bgvp while looking smaler and less gentle, sounds like a loud basement of a band. With the instruments atacking the field with body, and authority. The t2 is like sitting beetwen a expensive hi fidelity system listening to a audiophile record. The bgvp is like being in the smaller room, with the actual band, with a not a world-class equipament, but still live.

Wich makes me realise that this is the most objetive difference beetwen them is the mid's. The stage are'nt exactly laaaarger on t2. The highs are just more pronounced. And the air is more abundant. While the bgvp is the other way arond. less air, and less texture on the highs. Making them thicker on the mids. With the better bass complementing those frequencies, it Makes the sound "warmer", but without being a warm iem. You can clearly see a diference listening to the drum's and cymbals in the last part of Dave brubeck's - take five. That job the t2 makes better. BUT, in the following track Strange meadow Lark, the piano sounds way fuller and richer on the BGVP DS1. It looks like there are'nt necessarily a more "audiophile" iem here....

The BGVP problem ? Not that much

If the bgvp has a real drawback, is the mids sounding shouty in comparision to t2. The suburbs by arcade fire sounds fatiguing. So the iem defnitely isn't itself better than t2, they complement each other. The t2 has a more refined and nature signature. I would put the two iem's on the same league however. Depending on the songs, preferences and smart usage of eq.

What the BGVP needs to be defnitely more attractive than t2 for me ? Well, they can easily be.

THE RULE OF SMALL EQ

You can eq mediocre iem to your absolutety prefence and they can't match a really superior iem

What makes the sound is the actual iem, and ther bgvp is a hell of a iem.

To me, putting 3-6 khz to less a few bd's and a few more db's on the 14-16 khz without touching the bass makes them the perfect iem for me. You does'nt need to really up the highs, just that the t2 spoiled me...

In that way they sound fun, full, technical, and revealing, without any drawback. A iem that will get more ear time than the original non EQed t2, mainly on the go, because of the better fit and seal. - t2 don't respond THAT well to eq.

I don't regret buying these iem's and i am sure they will be one of the most used of my collection.

Tracks used to critical listening:

Dave brubeck - take five
Dave brubeck - Strange meadow lark
Galimatias - South
Arcade fire - The suburbs
The arcs - put a flower in your pocket
The arcs - Cold companion
Jack White - Girl, you have no faith in medicine
Cone Crew Diretoria - Chama os muleques
Djonga - UFA

THX FOR READING, all of the informations above are based on my personal experience and view. I don't have technical knowledge on sound.

Have i said i love these iem's ?

Well I said that once, when I started debating with darkzenith..

They are great but not a TOTL killer.

Soundstage is round and it is neutral-vivid-fun signature.

V2 is vivid-fun without neutralness.

Well I auditioned ocharaku lineup. I will talk about the series under 100usd.

Donguri Shizuki

Starting with soundstage...its forté

It sounds like alpha and delta D6 with even more huge space sense. It sounds like ocharaku and TTR mastered the art of decay, sense timing.

Image, layering and separation is tuned with jpop and kpop in mind. They are super clean, and can resolve more instrument with detail and super separation. Bass guitar decay or voilin low notes are presented with clear distinction without anything getting muddy.

Treble is same as alpha and delta but mids are little toned back making the sound more airier. This makes instruments and vocal laid back and distant giving that depth and surreal presentation

Bass is on soft side or it can be said it is more spread out.

It sounds like HDSS but it is ocharaku way of tuning by tornado equaliser and pressure exchange air tune.

It comes with spinfit which makes it v shape(mids getting back, bass getting soft and treble extending.

Symbio tips were another story, it raised the mids, treble turned clinical and sometimes sibilant but bass is now tighter.

Decay was lowered and sub bass was good, but that huge stage was reduced by little amount.

But then I think ocharaku default tuning sounded better and was more of relaxed resolving sound.

I can listen more in default tips.

May 6, 2018 at 3:07 AM Post #10,253 of 31,834

Donguri Shizuki

It sounds like alpha and delta D6 with even more huge space sense. It sounds like ocharaku and TTR mastered the art of decay, sense timing.

Image, layering and separation is tuned with jpop and kpop in mind. They are super clean, and can resolve more instrument with detail and super separation. Bass guitar decay or voilin low notes are presented with clear distinction without anything getting muddy.

Treble is same as alpha and delta but mids are little toned back making the sound more airier. This makes instruments and vocal laid back and distant giving that depth and surreal presentation

It sounds like HDSS but it is ocharaku way of tuning by tornado equaliser and pressure exchange air tune.

It comes with spinfit which makes it v shape(mids getting back, bass getting soft and treble extending.

Symbio tips were another story, it raised the mids, treble turned clinical and sometimes sibilant but bass is now tighter.

Decay was lowered and sub bass was good, but that huge stage was reduced by little amount.

But then I think ocharaku default tuning sounded better and was more of relaxed resolving sound.

Classic Japanese design
combining nature with functionality.

eierb.jpg

May 6, 2018 at 4:18 AM Post #10,254 of 31,834

Donguri Shizuki

More thoughts on their mids? Looking at many of the reviews of the shizuki, it seems the mids are thin/veiled.

May 6, 2018 at 5:41 AM Post #10,256 of 31,834
I am looking for a balanced earphone. With mmcx (2.5mm) under 150 $\€. I am looking for a neutral sound. My current plan is mee audio pinnacle p1. Anyone knows something cheaper which sounds similar ?

May 6, 2018 at 6:25 AM Post #10,258 of 31,834

Donguri Shizuki

i didn't like the Shizuku. that iem is hyped to the stars in my country as the cleanest sounding iem below $500 or something like that(and hyped successfully at that). the mid and treble is brittle, soundstage is wide but not deep, add to that the terrible driver flex. i prefer the T2 by a mile in terms of clean iem

May 6, 2018 at 6:27 AM Post #10,259 of 31,834

Classic Japanese design
combining nature with functionality.

even though i didn't like the sound, but i can't deny it is beautifully made. you have to hold them yourself to appreciate the material and the cable.

May 6, 2018 at 6:29 AM Post #10,260 of 31,834
i didn't like the Shizuku. that iem is hyped to the stars in my country as the cleanest sounding iem below $500 or something like that(and hyped successfully at that). the mid and treble is brittle, soundstage is wide but not deep, add to that the terrible driver flex. i prefer the T2 by a mile in terms of clean iem
Never experienced the flex on audition.

Yours may not be burned enough.

Treble is in more amount but it was on borderline to brittle and adaptive treble.

Soundstage is wide, tall but pseudo deep due to laid back mids

Users who are viewing this thread

Back