CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 6, 2018 at 9:22 PM Post #8,866 of 31,833
Anybody want my brand new TN version of the DS1. Give me a message. I have maybe 1 hour of listening time and a weeks worth of burn in on them. They are so new the tips all are in the packages.

I figure I would give dibs to you guys on this thread before I post it on the sales forum.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2018 at 9:36 PM Post #8,868 of 31,833
A gray pair of TRN V20 arrived here today. They are burning in now but I was listening with them earlier for a couple of hours. Very nice. I do like the emphasis on the vocals...not shouty... just nice when listening to singer songwriters that I like.

I like the fit... they fit me well with the stock tips and the cable is nice and comfortable. I also like that matt finish. It is different from anything else I have.

Hum, feel soooooooooooooo betray by the TRN10 and the fact the TRN20 got praised too....but I will calm down. UGH....and reading AB review really work on me. MID centric that DO NOT forget bass? I'm sell here. This is how hybrid should be tweak, why having a dynamic driver if it cannot deliver some bas body and impact (not the boomy type). Wonder if it will be a too warm bass like the BRO.
Some question: Did the fowards mids are little treble or have any peak. Are they airy?
And the dip in the graph tell me we will perhaps loose some details or highs sparkle or god know what...
Capture d’écran (108).png

Feel dum not having buy them 13$ at alisale....oh, but hotfi sell them for 15$. Hum.

Apr 6, 2018 at 9:38 PM Post #8,869 of 31,833
What mods did you do? They sound fatiguing to me with either filter. I much prefer the EDR1.

I removed the foam from the bass nozzle and packed it with fiberfill in it's place (or maybe I fiberfilled the dull brass one I don't remember). Then I totally sealed the back to where it was no longer open. I used UV adhesive, but you could also use tape or epoxy. The back piece just pops out (and snaps back in), so it could be sealed from the back of the cover, and put reinstlalled for a stock "open" look (even though it would no longer be open).

I can't remember if I did anything else (such as to the vent hole on the bottom next to the strain relief) or not - it was a few years ago, and a lot of other information has pushed that old info out of my brain since then LOL

Now that I have my FR testing rig, I need to dig out my stock and modded ED9s and measure them with the various configurations (stock vs modded shells, stock vs modded nozzle filters).

Apr 6, 2018 at 10:03 PM Post #8,871 of 31,833
A gray pair of TRN V20 arrived here today. I like the fit... they fit me well with the stock tips and the cable is nice and comfortable. I also like that matt finish. It is different from anything else I have.

How are the seams? mine was not evenly spaced and showed a couple of glue spots.

Apr 6, 2018 at 10:07 PM Post #8,872 of 31,833
How are the seams? mine was not evenly spaced and showed a couple of glue spots.

could you take a photo that would show what you mean? I am not seeing anything wrong. No glue...

Apr 6, 2018 at 10:35 PM Post #8,874 of 31,833
Well you should all get a superlux HD381 series

HD381-warm but with very good control
HD381F-neutral and non fatiguing
HD381B-crystal sound without sibilance

Your right boy! +1000
I have the HD381 and the F. Both a Keeper. The B, I give it to my brother....didnt really know wich to give even if the 381 is my personal favorite.
Soundstage deepness is impressive with all of them as well as control and imaging. Construction is questionable but it can be found for around 12$ sometime.
One of the must underated IEM really.

Apr 7, 2018 at 1:42 AM Post #8,878 of 31,833
:)
rock & country :gs1000smile: and others ..............
i take also a mmcx wire if the stock wire is ____________ !

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2018 at 3:10 AM Post #8,880 of 31,833
I bought Tin Audio T2 during the Ali sale for 33usd from **** earphone store and the seller keeps on delaying saying that he will ship in 2 days. Don't know what's the issue with the stock and I'm concerned about getting scammed which will be a shame from a store like ****. Can anyone confirm what's the issue? Those of you who ordered, have your T2 been shipped yet? My order processing time ends in 2 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back