CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 6, 2018 at 7:04 PM Post #8,851 of 31,833
always liked the bass filter.

People always said the dull brass (ie the wider one) one was "more harsh", but according to the FR graphs the treble is 100% identical (with the only difference being <500Hz):

I wonder how hard it is to change. I usually ask my husband to help me with things like that as I am afraid of breaking these tiny little things. He is not here right now so... do I wait... or do I change it myself...

Apr 6, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #8,852 of 31,833
Take a bit more time with both of them and then you get a better picture, unfortunately, most people don't.

This is why I often cannot answer when someone asks me to compare things. I usually just start with one and the next thing I know I have listened to several albums.. and enjoyed them. Then if I do the same with the second iem, bud or headphone I just end up forgetting to compare. I am a bad headfier! I only want to enjoy my music.

Apr 6, 2018 at 7:09 PM Post #8,853 of 31,833
I wonder how hard it is to change. I usually ask my husband to help me with things like that as I am afraid of breaking these tiny little things. He is not here right now so... do I wait... or do I change it myself...

Use his pair to try it out and then blame the dog if it goes bad.
Assuming the dog can't talk his way out. He can't, can he?
Too much cartoons lately...

Apr 6, 2018 at 7:14 PM Post #8,854 of 31,833
I have KZ ZS5v1 and I have also KZ ZS6, I like more ZS6 because mids, voices, are clearer than ZS5v1, that sounds to me a little veiled in mids. I'm not treble sensitive, I'm upper mids, lower treble sensitive. Kinera H3 is an example of an IEM than I can't stand.

80$ for 10% better sq is not a good ratio. But is very difficult to measure this. As you can see I have a lot of IEM's sub 100$ and I can't to measure differences between all of they in terms of %. I only know what I like more.
And I know how is the frequency response I like, more or less. And that's why I'm attracted by TNT.

For now that I'm testing Fiio FH1 has a tonality that I like, powerfull bass and sub bass, forward mids, a little muddy voices, warm, correct treble and clarity. For me the must improve in more detail, separation and scene, something like F9 Pro. From 20Hz to 1Khz I prefer FH1, above I prefer F9 Pro, so just cutting a little the peak in the low treble.
Looking for that profile below $ 100.

Apr 6, 2018 at 7:16 PM Post #8,855 of 31,833

well, the ED9 is mine... he does not have one. We mostly do not duplicate our stuff... but we both do have ZS6, ZST, ZST, ASE, CM5 and Betron BS10....but in almost each case we have different color. The only exception is we both have a green KZ6 but that was because he accidentally got two:)

Apr 6, 2018 at 7:17 PM Post #8,856 of 31,833

talking dog.gif

Apr 6, 2018 at 8:10 PM Post #8,857 of 31,833
Taming the excellent Boarseman CX98

White micropore tape plus four peripheral and one central needle holes on the $15 Boarseman CX98, another (former) little chainsaw. Works well.

Sound is full and substantial, soundstage is good in terms of both width and depth, resolution and dynamics are outstanding for its class. Haptic is unparalleled (metal housings and the same coated cable as the Soundmagic E10C).

In comparison, the white micropore tape muffles the ZS6 whereas the clear micropore tape makes no difference.

IMG_6271.JPG

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2018 at 8:25 PM Post #8,858 of 31,833
Apr 6, 2018 at 8:34 PM Post #8,859 of 31,833
Cool. Never heard of PEK though. I wonder if they meant to put PEEK which would make more sense. If they did swap over to that tech, it would be pretty sweet. Really stiff material.

"PolyEtherKetone, an engineering plastic" -- Wikipedia

Apr 6, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #8,860 of 31,833

It just screws in with your fingers, like turning a knob.

Apr 6, 2018 at 8:41 PM Post #8,861 of 31,833
Last edited:
Apr 6, 2018 at 8:50 PM Post #8,863 of 31,833
Yeah, PEK = PEEK. I've seen the 2 nomenclatures used interchageably before. It is technically PEEK, but that's what they mean when it's referred to as PEK.

I agree that PEEK drivers are really nice. Pretty much the best diaphragm material IMO before you start going to metal plated/coated diaphragms.

I'm still waiting on DLC. Can't wait!

I looking for the reference, they're different,
poyqbm5w.jpg
kinda
poyqbm5w.jpg

Apr 6, 2018 at 9:03 PM Post #8,864 of 31,833
AudioBudget finally has it’s review of the TRN V20 online. It scores the full 5 stars.

Wow. The mids are noticeably emphasized, but this time - in a very good way. Tonal accuracy is highly impressive, and no sibilance can be heard at all times. I truly believe that these are some of the most impressive performers when it comes to mids and vocals, and when you take price into consideration - that is when it becomes really admirable.

Can’t wait to receive my pair! :)

A gray pair of TRN V20 arrived here today. They are burning in now but I was listening with them earlier for a couple of hours. Very nice. I do like the emphasis on the vocals...not shouty... just nice when listening to singer songwriters that I like.

I'm always hesitant to give a full 5 stars as to my thinking that implies it couldn't be improved and while the v20 did address some of the weakest points of the V10, it also created some new weaknesses. The v20 fit and finish is not as good as the v10 was so I would say it is realistically more like 4 star where the v10 was 3.5

I like the fit... they fit me well with the stock tips and the cable is nice and comfortable. I also like that matt finish. It is different from anything else I have.

Apr 6, 2018 at 9:21 PM Post #8,865 of 31,833
I talk to Hotfi seller lately, asking some answer about supposed new Z5000 version....did not really give me an answer but tell me he will send me one so I can hear for myself. Nice! But that do not exactly answer my question so I ask if they change the drivers and all, in fact, I wanna talk to Zhiyin engineer and perhaps suggest them what an heafier here suggest (don't remember who) to do a hole on front housing, but for god sake don't change the drivers.
There just a slight sub bass bleed in mid bass that perhaps a hole will help to solve, its about air so...anyway, I just wanna investigate and know what this mysterious Zhiyin brand is.
Dirty Harry is in tha house and he will know the TRUTH!
giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back