CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 25, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #8,087 of 31,845
Ups for reply. Currently leaning on T2
Bro, the T2 i think @liquidrats say the isolation buay sai leh, so prob a skip for me, even though super tempted. Leaning towards the ZSR for now.

Mar 25, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #8,088 of 31,845
Listening to the Yersen Fen 2000s via my Xduoo X3 with large foams, I have to say that these are the audio bargain of the century for me.

Detailed across the board and balanced. I wouldn't call them V shaped like audiobudget but do agree with him that they sound fantastic.

2x MMCX cables, 3 sets of tips (silicone, foams and silicone with filters built in) and a case for £16.

They are metal and quite weighty, but still very comfortable.

Listening to Bjork's Hope from Volta, which I'm my opinion is an amazing test track for soundstage, imaging, bass and mids, they sound AMAZING!

@toddy0191 hi bro .. is the yersen fen-2000 better then uiisii cm5 and kz zs6.. I ask because u have this headphones .. need some comparison

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #8,091 of 31,845
One thing constantly mentioned that I don't get - "isolation" and how good/poor is it with a given iEM. So far, I've tried a bunch of earphones, and I could not name one that I'd characterize as having poor isolation.

Being a happy user of the TinAudio T2, just the other day there was some work/repairs being done in the office adjacent to ours. I sit by the wall, and they were drilling on the other side. My earbuds, which I usually use because they do not isolate me completely from my coworkers, were useless of course. So I switched to the T2. With them, and the volume up to perhaps 50% or 60% I was able to almost completely drown out the drilling noise. I could've gone further with the volume, but I chose leave the music at reasonable listening levels.

So if the T2 being able to practically wipe out the noise of a drill essentially inches from my head at 60% of max volume is poor isolation, what is good isolation then? Am I missing something here or what?

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #8,092 of 31,845
@toddy0191 hi bro .. is the yersen fen-2000 better then uiisii cm5 and kz zs6.. I ask because u have this headphones .. need some comparison

I'll try and compare them later and get back to you.

I'd like to know this too!

I've already got a pair of CM5s on the way, but I'm tempted to get the Fen-2000 during the sale.

One thing constantly mentioned that I don't get - "isolation" and how good/poor is it with a given iEM. So far, I've tried a bunch of earphones, and I could not name one that I'd characterize as having poor isolation.

Being a happy user of the TinAudio T2, just the other day they was some work/repairs being done in the office adjacent to ours. I sit by the wall, and they were drilling on the other side. My earbuds, which I usually use because they do not isolate me completely from my coworkers, were useless of course. So I switched to the T2. With them, and the volume up to perhaps 50% or 60% I was able to almost completely drown out the drilling noise. I could've gone further with the volume, but I chose leave the music at reasonable listening levels.

So if the T2 being able to practically wipe out the noise of a drill essentially inches from my head at 60% of max volume is poor isolation, what is good isolation then? Am I missing something here or what?

Honestly, I'd count that as good isolation. Also you should remember that every person is different, and their ears are different as well. Many things play into getting a good isolation, not just the environment. You gotta think about which tips you're using, are you getting a good seal with those tips, are you wearing the IEMs correctly, volume levels etc..

Basically rule of thumb is, the lower you can put the volume to drown out the outside noise the better those IEMs are at isolating. If you have to crank up the volume to 70-80% to drown out the outside noise then the IEMs are pretty poor at isolation and you should probably stop using them since they'll hurt your hearing in the long run.

Mar 25, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #8,094 of 31,845
Zsr Mai la.see zx no up.
Then idk what to get liao, maybe can get the T2 since its not too exp. But the review by @B9Scrambler and on phonograph really like buay pai, lol the cobra poison during the sales season is real.

Mar 25, 2018 at 2:50 PM Post #8,095 of 31,845

Being a happy user of the TinAudio T2, just the other day there was some work/repairs being done in the office adjacent to ours. I sit by the wall, and they were drilling on the other side. My earbuds, which I usually use because they do not isolate me completely from my coworkers, were useless of course. So I switched to the T2. With them, and the volume up to perhaps 50% or 60% I was able to almost completely drown out the drilling noise. I could've gone further with the volume, but I chose leave the music at reasonable listening levels.

First of all, isolation is different for IEMs and depends on the housing shape, materials, tips used, how it fits you and in case of T2 - large front vent. T2 is way below average in terms of isolation.
In your case, the sounds you were hearing were a mixture of music and outside noise - turn the music off and everything that you hear will still be heard once the music is on - a combination of the 2. At a certain point music gets loud enough to completely mask the outside noise but it's changed by the noise (this is actually very audible if you compare how something sounds with background noise or inside a quiet room at the same volume from the same source).

Lastly, how much you 'mask' the outside noise also depends on the type of music. If you are listening to some acoustic music, all the volume in the world wouldn't mask the outside noise, especially in the quiet parts of the music or even in brief parts of complete silence.

Point is: isolation matters but often enough even something as bad as T2 can be enough to be used in loud environments - I use it and it's ok, but I do wish for better isolation from time to time.

Mar 25, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #8,097 of 31,845
@Lifted Andreas is the ibasso it01 better then Yamaha EPH-M100 ? I was looking to the Yamaha EPH-M100 they are looking solid like the ibasso it01

I have the Eph-100 (discontinued), not the M100. I've heard mixed things about the M100 so I decided to not even try it. The main points I heard that the bass is overwhelming and the presentation is totally muddy. Also someone said the build quality is appalling. Thees no way they would be better than the IT01.

I've 2 pairs of the Eph-100, absolutely love them. Best seal I ever got from an IEM.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #8,098 of 31,845
@Lifted Andreas

Well, I'm talking about use with every type of tips - silicones (SpinFit, KZ starlines, the generic ones that usually come with IEMs) and foams. In that particular instance I described I had foam tips. But, if people are getting poor isolation because of a bad seal, then it's not the IEM's fault. And I've been reading consistently about how bad the T2 is at isolating, and that's not been my experience at all. I'm always keeping mu music at 50- 60% volume and it's enough to drown city noises; while I'm in public transport I can really barely hear the hum of the bus' engine (actually I feel it more than hear it), absolutely cannot hear any conversations; while at home, it drowns out the noise of the vacuum cleaner, etc

@vladstef

With the music off, I can hear outside noises very well with every IEM I've tried. Even the ZS3 which is touted as having very good levels of isolation. As for music, my general preference is towards metal and its subgenres, but I listen to many other genres. Again, in that particular situation with the drilling, I was listening to London Grammar, which I wouldn't describe as loud music, if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #8,099 of 31,845
Listening to Bjork's Hope from Volta, which I'm my opinion is an amazing test track for soundstage, imaging, bass and mids, they sound AMAZING!

Thank you for calling this album to my attention. Listening now... loving it :) I have not listened to Björk In a very long time.

Mar 25, 2018 at 4:15 PM Post #8,100 of 31,845
I'm looking at Tinaudio T2, extra mmcx cable, kz starline wide bores. Trying to be good, had a half dozen other things bit removed them.

They make a widebore version of Starlines?

Got a link?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back