CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 25, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #8,101 of 31,867
Hi guys, how you compare ZhiYin Z5000 vs Yersen FEN-2000? If it is possible especially to Xiaomi HD PRO and LZ A4?

If you already have the LZ A4, the others you have listed are going to be a side grade or down grade IMO.

Mar 25, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #8,102 of 31,867
If you already have the LZ A4, the others you have listed are going to be a side grade or down grade IMO.

Nothing side about it, both are down grades in sound quality for sure. They might be an upgrade in fit but I think you'll be disappointed in the resolution of either compared to the A4. They are closer to the HD pro but still probably a step backward.

Mar 25, 2018 at 5:16 PM Post #8,103 of 31,867
Thank you for calling this album to my attention. Listening now... loving it :) I have not listened to Björk In a very long time.

I only got into Bjork in the last few years but her work is so well produced it's fantastic for headphones / iems.

@zazaboy and @Lifted Andreas

I've just done some A-B ing between the ZS6, yersen and CM5. I was listening to some more Bjork FLAC files via my xduoo X3.

I had rounded foams and the upgraded braided cable on the ZS6, The large foams on the Yersen, and large starlines on the CM5.

First thing I noticed was the ZS6 is the most technically superior of the three, revealing more detail across the whole spectrum but it's noticeably brighter than the CM5 and slightly more so than the Yersen.

The yersen and the CM5 have very similar bass responses, with maybe the CM5 having slightly more sub bass.

The mids are more recessed on the CM5 than the Yersen and they are less detailed.

The highs are brighter on the Yersen and extend further which is no surprise given they are a hybrid.

When you listen to them all in isolation they're all great but the ZS6s technical prowess becomes obvious when A-B ing, closely followed by the Yersen.

The CM5s are very musical and coherent and have a slightly wider soundstage but are warmer and less detailed than the other 2.

They're all great in their own way and I love all three of them.

Hope this is useful as to be honest I find A-B ing very difficult and confusing at times!!

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2018 at 5:49 PM Post #8,105 of 31,867
I bought the double flange spinfits for my IT01 and KZ6 that I use regularly and in both cases, treble was harsh, V shape more pronounced with a narrower soundstage (these have small bores), and bass accentuated lightly. Hated spinfits!

However, just for kicks I tried these on the Vivo xe800 which I always found nice & clear but lacking bass. Spinfits (at least double flange) gets a great orientation in ear due to the moving nozzles of these IEMs and bass and even soundstage seems a lot better with no sense of sibilance. I'm really shocked by this pairing.

I guess spinfits do have their place!

Mar 25, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #8,106 of 31,867
Having the TINAudio T2 i like them a lot however they are a bit bright for me. I like the mids and sub bass, bass could have been a bit better but don't mind that much. I wear them with wide silicone bores and i find the not so good isolation more healthy for my ears. Was wondering if there is anything that sounds more neutral as an upgrade.
You won't find anything more neutral tuned than the T2 without going past $100

Have you tried using smaller bore tips, foam tips with the T2?

Mar 25, 2018 at 6:33 PM Post #8,108 of 31,867
You won't find anything more neutral tuned than the T2 without going past $100

Have you tried using smaller bore tips, foam tips with the T2?
Thanks for the reply Have tried lots of different tips some offer better isolation but i tend to prefer the large wide ones. Don't like foam either. Also using them lately with an LG G5 with the B&O DAC attached. Think they sound a bit less bright this way. Was looking into the SIMGOT EN700 Pro as a possible good upgrade, any ideas.

Mar 25, 2018 at 6:53 PM Post #8,109 of 31,867
Anyone has both the tin audio t2 and yersen fen-2000? How would they compare sq and comfort wise? I know the acessories of the yersen are awesome but I value sq more. I figured over the last months I like a more textured bass over quantity and I don't like recessed miss.

I'm listening on low sources and only 320kbps spotify for now. As I'm on quite a budget I'm looking to buy a final best bang for buck iem under 50usd. I really dig the einsear t2 and bw-es1 both in sound and comfort (prefer t2 slightly sq/sig wise, yet to mod the bw-es1).

I wanna buy something that won't leave me craving to try other iems because they might be that much nicer. Why did I start getting multiple earphones again... :')
So, tin audio t2, good choice?

Ps. KZ ZSR seems promising too. Would the tin audio t2 be better?Perhaps I might even jump on the KZ ZS10 hype train.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2018 at 8:20 PM Post #8,111 of 31,867
I bought the T2s on 11/11 and love them. Are there any relatively budget worthwhile upgrades or should I just enjoy them and never look at this thread again?!

I'd say that T2 is very good at a lot of things and most importantly is very well rounded for what it is without major flaws. At the same time, budget audio is moving quickly. I wouldn't buy anything else <50$ at the moment, probably not even in 50-100 range. However, in a few months, who knows..

Mar 25, 2018 at 8:37 PM Post #8,112 of 31,867
I'd say that T2 is very good at a lot of things and most importantly is very well rounded for what it is without major flaws. At the same time, budget audio is moving quickly. I wouldn't buy anything else <50$ at the moment, probably not even in 50-100 range. However, in a few months, who knows..

That's pretty much what I was thinking, cheers.

Mar 25, 2018 at 8:37 PM Post #8,113 of 31,867
Looking for them, have not found them. Need a cheaper option than spiral dots or symbols.

Oh, I assumed you found them because you wrote "I'm looking at Tinaudio T2, extra mmcx cable, kz starline wide bores."

So you meant to say "I'm looking FOR (ie searching for) blah blah kz starline wide bores."?

Mar 25, 2018 at 8:53 PM Post #8,114 of 31,867
Ok I have Yerszen 2000 and a crap load of KZ had a nice commute tonight listening to Rose Mini 6 and I'm another world my brothers and sisters

Mar 25, 2018 at 9:04 PM Post #8,115 of 31,867
One thing constantly mentioned that I don't get - "isolation" and how good/poor is it with a given iEM. So far, I've tried a bunch of earphones, and I could not name one that I'd characterize as having poor isolation.

Being a happy user of the TinAudio T2, just the other day there was some work/repairs being done in the office adjacent to ours. I sit by the wall, and they were drilling on the other side. My earbuds, which I usually use because they do not isolate me completely from my coworkers, were useless of course. So I switched to the T2. With them, and the volume up to perhaps 50% or 60% I was able to almost completely drown out the drilling noise. I could've gone further with the volume, but I chose leave the music at reasonable listening levels.

So if the T2 being able to practically wipe out the noise of a drill essentially inches from my head at 60% of max volume is poor isolation, what is good isolation then? Am I missing something here or what?

@weedophile

Users who are viewing this thread

Back